Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Did AMD Drop Support for Windows XP?

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    If you're trying to stay on the cutting edge of new games (or anywhere even remotely close), XP isn't the operating system to be doing it with.
    It works just fine for DX9 games, as long as driver support is there. And DX11 games are a minority.
    Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

Any new games that really need any sort of optimizations via drivers aren't going to be DX9. If a new games comes out in DX9, it is already using old tech which current drivers are going to be more than capable enough for.
    The Cardboard Master
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    Any new games that really need any sort of optimizations via drivers aren't going to be DX9. If a new games comes out in DX9, it is already using old tech which current drivers are going to be more than capable enough for.
    doesn't make sense, look at Skyrim for example, it's DX9, and some older ("legacy") AMD cards suffer from some bugs, and even new cards (with 12.11) need some work.... it's always possible to optimize and have bugs, it doesn't matter if it's DX9 or 11...

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectrobozo View Post
    doesn't make sense, look at Skyrim for example, it's DX9, and some older ("legacy") AMD cards suffer from some bugs, and even new cards (with 12.11) need some work.... it's always possible to optimize and have bugs, it doesn't matter if it's DX9 or 11...
    Yep, Skyrim is a perfect example. Drivers are still being tuned for this game, many months after the release.
    Most games these days are console ports... Which means they use DX9.
    Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

Quote Originally Posted by c627627 View Post
    ? Windows 7 Search Engine is more difficult to use and not as reliable as Windows XP Search Engine. No GUI, and I always have to reboot from Win7 to WinXP to do a search and make sure a file is not really there because I caught Windows 7 search not finding files which existed and even took screen shots of it, they replaced a user friendly Windows XP search engine with a difficult to use and what's worse, unreliable one.
    Try FileSearchEX ... gives you the classic look and feel ...

Xtreme Member
    Drivers will work fine in XP with tweaked drivers/INF, same as people have been doing for windows 2000. I'm running Win2k on 8 cores, 990FX and Nvidia 550Ti. Check my sig.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123