Thread: Review: Intel Tuning Plan

silver wall jumper X

Review: Intel Tuning Plan

Very quick and brief review on the Intel Tuning Plan:

it works....wonderfully!

I borked my 3770k when attempting to run LN2...water all over the socket! Called up 1-800 intel or something along the lines...3 weeks later a brand new sparkling CPU!

http://click.intel.com/tuningplan/

Highly recommended!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Nice if they are covering IHS MOD really are perfect! (your crappy tim own fail )
    hersounds powered by 121 % overclocking Machine http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=220390 - http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1917405

facebook.com/hersounds

Intel Core i5 4670K @ 4,5 Ghz 24/7 - Galaxy HOF GTX 780 - 8 GB Team Group Xtreem 2666 Cas 11 - 8Gb Avexir Core series 2800 Blue Led - Maximus VI Formula Armor TUF - Corsair Force GT 120 GB SATA 3 - Galaxy Hall of fame 1200 hersounds Limited edition Modular - Antec 620 dual fan mod

Xtreme Supporter
    I have taken out the insurance on both my 2500K and 3770K but so far haven't needed to claim. I am glad to hear that it works as it is supposed to though!
    Official Gigabyte UK Forum Moderator

silver wall jumper X
    Quote Originally Posted by hersounds View Post
    Nice if they are covering IHS MOD really are perfect! (your crappy tim own fail )
    I didn't do the IHS MOD..however my CPU also had some physical damage where it would have been more than reasonable for Intel to decline my RMA. I fully expected to call it a total loss - so stoked about how easily it all was handled, espcially considering that the replacement is a nice clocking CPU!

I wouldn't be surprised if even an IHS modded CPU might be accepted for RMA. AFter all - its part of overclocking... isn't it?

GREATTTT . Need to test it too .
    Since when its working this ?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by mike View Post
    I didn't do the IHS MOD..however my CPU also had some physical damage where it would have been more than reasonable for Intel to decline my RMA. I fully expected to call it a total loss - so stoked about how easily it all was handled, espcially considering that the replacement is a nice clocking CPU!

I wouldn't be surprised if even an IHS modded CPU might be accepted for RMA. AFter all - its part of overclocking... isn't it?
    god hear you!
    hersounds powered by 121 % overclocking Machine http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=220390 - http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1917405

facebook.com/hersounds

Intel Core i5 4670K @ 4,5 Ghz 24/7 - Galaxy HOF GTX 780 - 8 GB Team Group Xtreem 2666 Cas 11 - 8Gb Avexir Core series 2800 Blue Led - Maximus VI Formula Armor TUF - Corsair Force GT 120 GB SATA 3 - Galaxy Hall of fame 1200 hersounds Limited edition Modular - Antec 620 dual fan mod

Xtreme Addict
    This is epic.

I'm pretty sure intel must have discovered some new CPU repair technology to even consider something like this.
    Signatures make my posts look huge... but I'm not humble enough to completely remove my signature, so I kept this note explaining it.

PI in the face
    $25 more than covers their material cost I think XD but still a good deal imo
    Quote Originally Posted by L0ud View Post
    So many opinions and so few screenshots

Quote Originally Posted by Splave View Post
    $25 more than covers their material cost I think XD but still a good deal imo
    If that is indeed legit, then it looks like a good deal for everyone, everywhere.

Because I'm located here in Western Australia it looks like the plan is even for me, BUT we need someone located in another county to see if their plan enables them to get a brand new cpu.

I'm not saying Intel is out to fleece anyone, but usually these type of offers are only for US citizens.
    "If you haven't got anything nice to say about anybody, come sit next to me".

Xtreme Enthusiast
    It is my understanding that this is also supposed to be transferable to a subsequent purchaser.

From the standpoint of adding resale value to a cpu, I would think that this would be a big plus, as it mitigates the risk to the Buyer that the Seller juiced it up a little too much along the way.
    In memory of Gracie, my sweet, sweet wife and mother of my children. Darling, we will miss you dearly. May you rest in peace (born to this world on March 30, 1976; went to her Heavenly Father on Good Friday, April 22, 2011).

http://animoto.com/play/E0wFhd6tN0nA...ent=challenger

Heat

silver wall jumper X
    Don't want to paint a wrong picture here - I doubt Intel would RMA a CPU with missing IHS! The process however was very painless the moment I said I overclocked and I had the Intel insurance it was all about waiting for the new CPU to come home! Took about three weeks.

I also purchased insurance for a 2600K which I never got to use and was curious how things were going to get handled.

Personally I am not into RMA'ing hardware I abused - think it is BS - but considering that Intel is offering an "overclocking" - makes it ok!

Ended up purchasing 2 more insurance plans

Thanks @ intel for giving back to all of the overclocking community!
    Last edited by mike; 10-26-2012 at 04:50 PM.

Xtreme Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by docwhom View Post
    If that is indeed legit, then it looks like a good deal for everyone, everywhere.

Because I'm located here in Western Australia it looks like the plan is even for me, BUT we need someone located in another county to see if their plan enables them to get a brand new cpu.

I'm not saying Intel is out to fleece anyone, but usually these type of offers are only for US citizens.
    It does cover the UK as well as I have received my email certificates covering the CPUs I have covered.

Santas
    how can they afford this? anyone that would be interested in such a thing is most likely going to kill the chip lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mantis View Post
    It does cover the UK as well as I have received my email certificates covering the CPUs I have covered.
    Thank you so much for letting me know about this. This is absolutely GREAT. No more fear about burning out your cpu any more......... hail Intel for finally taking notice about us overclocking Freako's.

I held off on buying any more IVY's but this has now given me a guarantee about long lasting cpu's without worrying about what I've done to them. Damn, now where's the ice........
    "If you haven't got anything nice to say about anybody, come sit next to me".

Xtreme Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by docwhom View Post
    Thank you so much for letting me know about this. This is absolutely GREAT. No more fear about burning out your cpu any more......... hail Intel for finally taking notice about us overclocking Freako's.

I held off on buying any more IVY's but this has now given me a guarantee about long lasting cpu's without worrying about what I've done to them. Damn, now where's the ice........
    Do bare in mind though that it is only usable on one occasion per chip, so if you burn them on a regular basis you will still have problems.