Thread: US Air Force's flying saucer plans declassified

Xtreme Addict

US Air Force's flying saucer plans declassified

.......this seemed like news y'all just might be interested in.

http://www.theverge.com/2012/10/7/34...r-declassified

Recently declassified documents reveal that the US Air Force was working on a flying saucer-like craft in 1956. "Project 1794" was in research and development at the USAF's Aeronautical Systems Division, and was contracted out to Canadian company Avro Aircraft Limited. The craft was designed to be a vertical take-off and landing plane that used propulsion jets to steer, and could reach a top speed between Mach 3 and Mach 4, with a ceiling of over 100,000 feet and a range of about 1,000 nautical miles. The Project 1794, Final Development Summary Report reveals that the project was going well, and would "provide a much superior performance to that estimated at the start of contract negotiations."

The report also estimated the cost of the project at $3,168,000 over a roughly two year period, which would be about $26.6 million today. The project was eventually dropped, and, as Wired points out, the USAF's other attempts to build flying saucers were considerably less effective in practice than on paper. However, it does make one wonder what other classified projects the USAF is developing using today's technology.
    http://blogs.archives.gov/ndc/?p=426

Core i7 2600K@4.6Ghz| 16GB G.Skill@2133Mhz 9-11-10-28-38 1.65v| ASUS P8Z77-V PRO | Corsair 750i PSU | ASUS GTX 980 OC | Xonar DSX | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB |A bunch of HDDs and terabytes | Oculus Rift w/ touch | ASUS 24" 144Hz G-sync monitor

Quote Originally Posted by phelan1777 View Post
    Hail fellow warrior albeit a surat Mercenary. I Hail to you from the Clans, Ghost Bear that is (Yes freebirth we still do and shall always view mercenaries with great disdain!) I have long been an honorable warrior of the mighty Warden Clan Ghost Bear the honorable Bekker surname. I salute your tenacity to show your freebirth sibkin their ignorance!

Xtreme Member
    I saw this a couple weeks ago in ohio

http://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/new...p?id=123105162
    |Core i5 2500K @ 4.6GHz|ASUS P8P67 Pro|8.0GB G.skill DDR3 1600|MSI GTX 260|
    |OCZ Vertex SSD|HP LP2465 24" LCD|Antec P182|Seasonic X750 PSU|H2O Cooling|Windows 7 x64|

|Core 2 Duo E6420|Asus P5K-VM|4.0GB DDR2|AMD Radeon 3450|Antec Fusion V2|Westinghouse 42" 1080P LCD|

|ThinkPad X61 Tablet|Core 2 Duo L7500|4.0GB DDR2|OCZ Vertex SSD|Windows 7|

Audio: EMU 0404->Onkyo TX-SR500 ->Polk LSi7's + Velodyne VX10

Xtreme Addict
    so much fun

Xtreme Addict
    I like how the cover art for the little brochure shows these USAF saucers flying OUT of Earth's atmosphere. I wonder if they were trying to tell us something:

Core i7 2600K@4.6Ghz| 16GB G.Skill@2133Mhz 9-11-10-28-38 1.65v| ASUS P8Z77-V PRO | Corsair 750i PSU | ASUS GTX 980 OC | Xonar DSX | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB |A bunch of HDDs and terabytes | Oculus Rift w/ touch | ASUS 24" 144Hz G-sync monitor

Quote Originally Posted by phelan1777 View Post
    Hail fellow warrior albeit a surat Mercenary. I Hail to you from the Clans, Ghost Bear that is (Yes freebirth we still do and shall always view mercenaries with great disdain!) I have long been an honorable warrior of the mighty Warden Clan Ghost Bear the honorable Bekker surname. I salute your tenacity to show your freebirth sibkin their ignorance!

all outta gum
    This is old news.
    www.teampclab.pl
    MOA 2009 Poland #2, AMD Black Ops 2010, MOA 2011 Poland #1, MOA 2011 EMEA #12

Test bench: empty

Xtreme Addict
    Hmm... I wonder what could have possibly given them the inspiration to create a flying machine that shares absolutely zero attributes with 50 years of proven aircraft design or millions of years of evolutionary design as seen in our natural world.

I mean, I can't recall ever hearing something along the lines of... "now here is a perfectly good wheel which will no longer be used, but instead we'll redesign cars so they move by alternating gravitational fields fore and aft which ever so slightly expands and contracts space-time, causing not the vehicle to move... but pulling your destination towards your location".

It just doesn't make any sense when there aren't any evolutionary steps between the two technologies.

... or is there?

Extraterrestrial UFO Are Real : Ben Rich Lockheed Skunk Works Director Admitted In His Deathbed Confession

"If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is then no resource left but in the exertion of that original right of self-defense which is paramount to all positive forms of government"
    -- Alexander Hamilton

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew LB View Post
    Hmm... I wonder what could have possibly given them the inspiration to create a flying machine that shares absolutely zero attributes with 50 years of proven aircraft design or millions of years of evolutionary design as seen in our natural world.
    Well it obviously has nothing to do with the fact that much of the US designs and engineers were from Germany... The Germans had been working on saucer designs in the 1940s.
    Originally Posted by motown_steve
    Every genocide that was committed during the 20th century has been preceded by the disarmament of the target population. Once the government outlaws your guns your life becomes a luxury afforded to you by the state. You become a tool to benefit the state. Should you cease to benefit the state or even worse become an annoyance or even a hindrance to the state then your life becomes more trouble than it is worth.

Once the government outlaws your guns your life is forfeit. You're already dead, it's just a question of when they are going to get around to you.

Xtreme Enthusiast

I mean, I can't recall ever hearing something along the lines of... "now here is a perfectly good wheel which will no longer be used, but instead we'll redesign cars so they move by alternating gravitational fields fore and aft which ever so slightly expands and contracts space-time, causing not the vehicle to move... but pulling your destination towards your location".

It just doesn't make any sense when there aren't any evolutionary steps between the two technologies.

... or is there?

Extraterrestrial UFO Are Real : Ben Rich Lockheed Skunk Works Director Admitted In His Deathbed Confession
    The Frisbee was "invented" ~1820. At least 100 years before Roswell.
    http://inventors.about.com/library/weekly/aa980218.htm

Xtreme Cruncher
    My old conspiracy self would say AHA reverse engineered! But now i have to say that's all that people have seen flying or crashing all over the place, military test crafts. It just doesn't make sense that ET would have the technology and then use eaves drop on us and do nothing else......
    i3-8100 | GTX 970
    Ryzen 5 1600 | RX 580
    Assume nothing; Question everything

Xtremeish
    I think it is some what silly to claim that intelligent life from other parts of our galaxy or elsewhere in the Universe have visited us. The distances are so mind blowingly huge, so huge that the even the speed of light becomes slow. Hell, it would take ~90.000 years to travel across our own galaxy at the speed of light...

Even though chances for life are tiny, the vastness of the Universe counter acts that in my mind.
    Aber ja, naturlich Hans nass ist, er steht unter einem Wasserfall - James May
    Hardware: Gigabyte GA-Z87M-D3H, Intel i5 4670k @ 4GHz, Crucial DDR3 BallistiX, Asus GTX 770 DirectCU II, Corsair HX 650W, Samsung 830 256GB, Silverstone Precision -|- Cooling: Noctua NH-C12P SE14

Xtreme Mentor
    i have seen this pictures 10 years ago or more cant remember.

When i'm being paid i always do my job through.

i think, this project can by related with UFOs (aliens) airships. If army had some UFOS craft, they can study it and working at human high technology projects....
    ROG Power PCs - Intel and AMD
    CPUs:i9-7900X, i9-9900K, i7-6950X, i7-5960X, i7-8086K, i7-8700K, 4x i7-7700K, i3-7350K, 2x i7-6700K, i5-6600K, R7-2700X, 4x R5 2600X, R5 2400G, R3 1200, R7-1800X, R7-1700X, 3x AMD FX-9590, 1x AMD FX-9370, 4x AMD FX-8350,1x AMD FX-8320,1x AMD FX-8300, 2x AMD FX-6300,2x AMD FX-4300, 3x AMD FX-8150, 2x AMD FX-8120 125 and 95W, AMD X2 555 BE, AMD x4 965 BE C2 and C3, AMD X4 970 BE, AMD x4 975 BE, AMD x4 980 BE, AMD X6 1090T BE, AMD X6 1100T BE, A10-7870K, Athlon 845, Athlon 860K,AMD A10-7850K, AMD A10-6800K, A8-6600K, 2x AMD A10-5800K, AMD A10-5600K, AMD A8-3850, AMD A8-3870K, 2x AMD A64 3000+, AMD 64+ X2 4600+ EE, Intel i7-980X, Intel i7-2600K, Intel i7-3770K,2x i7-4770K, Intel i7-3930KAMD Cinebench R10 challenge AMD Cinebench R15 thread Intel Cinebench R15 thread

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WangChung View Post
    The Frisbee was "invented" ~1820. At least 100 years before Roswell.
    http://inventors.about.com/library/weekly/aa980218.htm
    Discus was around for a rather long time before that :P

Just furthering the thought of pre-existing flying discs that this could have "evolved" from, minus the vertical take off/landing.

Xtreme Addict
    Flying through Space, with armoire, Armoire of INVINCIBILATAAAAY!

I want to believe!
    Sigs are obnoxious.

Xtreme Member
    Old model. but interesting !

TR-3B Astra is the current state-of-the-art of the military-UFOs now, pretty extreme droid, apparently with a nuclear-powered antigravity engine with delivers Mach-9 velocity, aimed to ECM/EMP electronic war
    BELG89.JPG
    COULDTHISBETHEUSAFTR3B.jpg

Anyways ...

usafaircraftidentificationchart.jpg
    Last edited by jogshy; 10-09-2012 at 08:14 AM.

The Cardboard Master
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

Wanna look under my kilt?

... or is there?

....and at the bottom of that link:

"In the past we had posted about UFOs landing in front of former U.S. President Eisenhower at Holloman Air force Base and how US State representative confirms that US President Eisenhower met Aliens .

We had also been reported about Eisenhower`s great granddaughter`s claim too, in which she has exposed her attempted recruitment into a secret Mars colony project."

Sorry, stopped taking it seriously

I know without any doubt that disc aircraft have been designed, tested and built.....about 30 years after the first powered flight. It doesn't matter if there's a "leap" in design approach. Designers knew enough about drag to know that the cleanest shape is one without corners or breaks. German desperation towards the end of WW2 along with some under-funded "lunatics" with over-active imaginations did SO MUCH for aviation design. We're still using their design concepts now, after 70 years. "Luft '46" is a GOLDMINE of imagination and free-thinking.
    Quote Originally Posted by T_M View Post
    Not sure i totally follow anything you said, but regardless of that you helped me come up with a very good idea....
    Quote Originally Posted by soundood View Post
    you sigged that?

why?
    ______

Sometimes, it's not your time. Sometimes, you have to make it your time. Sometimes, it can ONLY be your time.

Xtreme Addict
    Supposedly the avro car project was stopped not just because the result was useless, it only went about 15mph and was a pain in the butt to control...
    But because among there were kgb agents amoung the workers that built it in the avro plant in canada.

This is VERY old info btw... this crap project lol.
    Project pluto was more interesting, though not a wing type, it was a working nuke ram jet engine (open loop apparently lmao...(not good), it nuked whatever it flew over type of thing...).

Edit:
    Oh yeah...
    DARPA is working on mach 20 right now.
    It's like a revised Eugen Sänger type of thing idea.

Most of the tech you see today, is revised stuff from the germans in ww2...
    Last edited by NEOAethyr; 10-09-2012 at 02:20 PM.

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by kromosto View Post
    i have seen this pictures 10 years ago or more cant remember.
    More even.
    Like LordEC911 says this stuff is heavily influenced by German engineering in the early 40s.

It is no secret that the Germans where working on aircraft designs that had a saucer shape and at the end of WW2 (before the end even) the US put a lot of effort into getting their hands on as many German engineers and prototypes as possible and ship them to the US to continu their work.

There has been loads of info about stuff like this for years with pictures. But due to many Sci-fi authors that were influenced by this stuff (saucers, the entire wierd nazi stuff) its hard to see where the facts stop and the fantasy begins.
    Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
    Groucho Marx

i know my grammar sux so stop hitting me

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallenator View Post
    I think it is some what silly to claim that intelligent life from other parts of our galaxy or elsewhere in the Universe have visited us. The distances are so mind blowingly huge, so huge that the even the speed of light becomes slow. Hell, it would take ~90.000 years to travel across our own galaxy at the speed of light...

Even though chances for life are tiny, the vastness of the Universe counter acts that in my mind.
    Something to consider: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kw8dcb8iKSM (Michio Kaiku on aliens & physics). Also, extremely unlikely things - say, comparable to assumed aliens stumbling upon Earth by chance - are known to happen: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arbre_du_Ténéré

Quote Originally Posted by K404 View Post
    ....and at the bottom of that link:
    Sorry, stopped taking it seriously
    Yep, the primary source of that alleged deathbed confession isn't very reliable (this dude: http://wn.com/jim_goodall_of_classif..._at_groom_lake)

But this on the other hand is a different story: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...DID-visit.html