Thread: Maximum load for 3 pin cable

Aussie God

Maximum load for 3 pin cable

I have not been able to find the size of the Cu wires in common 3-pin header cables...

Thing is, winter is closing in, and I am fancying putting a radiator+pump outdoor.... But it can become quite power hungry! Depending on fans I got the option between;

Pump; 1.5A 12V = 18W
    Fans; 9(18) * 0.5A or 1.5A * 12V, so between 54W and 324W

In total between 72W and 342W
    I somehow got a feeling that 324W passing through a that thin cable, will mean that it will get hotter than an overclocked AMD bulldozer with box cooler...
    Competition ranking;
    2005; Netbyte, Karise/Denmark #1 @ PiFast
    2008; AOCM II, Minfeld/Germany #2 @ 01SE/AM3/8M (w. Oliver)
    2009; AMD-OC, Viborg/Denmark #2 @ max freq Gigabyte TweaKING, Paris/France #4 @ 32M/01SE (w. Vanovich)
    2010: Gigabyte P55, Hamburg/Germany #6 @ wprime 1024/SPI 1M (w. THC) AOCM III, Minfeld/Germany #6 @ 01SE/AM3/1M/8M (w. NeoForce)

Spectating;
    2010; GOOC 2010 Many thanks to Gigabyte!

use thicker cables? :P

i believe this is what is used in most fans http://www.specialtech.co.uk/spshop/...pid-14778.html

I like large posteriors and I cannot prevaricate

Aussie God
    Quote Originally Posted by Evantaur View Post
    use thicker cables? :P

i believe this is what is used in most fans http://www.specialtech.co.uk/spshop/...pid-14778.html
    Thanks
    Well I was just thinking the normal ones I got, alos molex from PSU which will be the source, not quite sure how much they can handle.... Really fear that 75W is max, that'll be quite a few cables
    Competition ranking;
    2005; Netbyte, Karise/Denmark #1 @ PiFast
    2008; AOCM II, Minfeld/Germany #2 @ 01SE/AM3/8M (w. Oliver)
    2009; AMD-OC, Viborg/Denmark #2 @ max freq Gigabyte TweaKING, Paris/France #4 @ 32M/01SE (w. Vanovich)
    2010: Gigabyte P55, Hamburg/Germany #6 @ wprime 1024/SPI 1M (w. THC) AOCM III, Minfeld/Germany #6 @ 01SE/AM3/1M/8M (w. NeoForce)

Spectating;
    2010; GOOC 2010 Many thanks to Gigabyte!

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by M.Beier View Post
    Thanks
    Well I was just thinking the normal ones I got, alos molex from PSU which will be the source, not quite sure how much they can handle.... Really fear that 75W is max, that'll be quite a few cables
    great thing I've ever found once on this subject was dealing with a tec and needed to know.

http://www.playtool.com/pages/psucon...onnectors.html
    HAVE NO FEAR!
    "AMD fallen angel"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamekiller View Post
    You didn't get the memo? 1 hour 'Fugger time' is equal to 12 hours of regular time.