Thread: Rare Mushkin Blackline Set? 1600MHz, 7-8-7-24, 1.35v?

-130 Celsius

Rare Mushkin Blackline Set? 1600MHz, 7-8-7-24, 1.35v?

Wow... I was just cleaning my room, and found a dual-channel kit of Blacklines that I never paid attention to heh.

Well their STOCK timings are 1600MHz, 7-8-7-24, 1.35v!

My rig is down, I'm currently waiting on a new chip to arrive, so I can't test. BUT I KNOW they ran well last time, just never even freaking noticed their stock timings...

Mother of God, are these "golden"? I mean usually that timing has to be near 1.65v or so with 1600MHz..

Their part# is: 996825
    "The moral of my story is that you need to go tell those dear to you that you love them, give them a hug and a kiss and do it often, because you never know when that opportunity might slip away."

Xtreme Addict
    Pull the heatspreaders and see what the ICs are.

EDIT: Looks like they scale pretty well. http://www.overclock.net/t/777904/mu...ng-and-scaling
    i7 4930K
    32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3-2400C10
    Asus Rampage IV Black Edition
    2x GeForce GTX 780
    Corsair AX1200
    Cooler Master HAF-X
    Dell U3011

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Similar timings and voltages to the GSkills ECO series, which often sported Elpida BBSE or Powerchip ICs, so they should clock pretty good, especially on IB.

Per that linked review, the timings at higher clocks leads me to speculate PSC, as the BBSE timings tend to be a little flatter. Also, if you note the date of the review and read the discussions (about the Redlines with 6-8-6-24 timings), it was about the same time that Mushkin (and others) were releasing PSC based parts.
    In memory of Gracie, my sweet, sweet wife and mother of my children. Darling, we will miss you dearly. May you rest in peace (born to this world on March 30, 1976; went to her Heavenly Father on Good Friday, April 22, 2011).

http://animoto.com/play/E0wFhd6tN0nA...ent=challenger

Heat

-130 Celsius
    Thanks guys!
    Last edited by runmc; 09-27-2012 at 10:29 AM. Reason: attempting to sell outside of classifieds
    "The moral of my story is that you need to go tell those dear to you that you love them, give them a hug and a kiss and do it often, because you never know when that opportunity might slip away."

Xtreme Enthusiast
    BTW, what ingredient in a "cannabis" drink cranks you up? I would think that it would be more likely to a "pre-meal appetizer" than an energy drink. Either way, bet it would sell well.
    In memory of Gracie, my sweet, sweet wife and mother of my children. Darling, we will miss you dearly. May you rest in peace (born to this world on March 30, 1976; went to her Heavenly Father on Good Friday, April 22, 2011).

Heat

XIP
    After 24 hrs. straight benching 32m I want that energy drink. Lol

-130 Celsius
    Lol well my bestfriend's brother is the main distro for Cali. They're new to the US, and just got the FDA passed. They're super hot salers thought..

It's actually just more of a "healthy" energy drink. I know none are "healthy", but instead of Ginsing or Guarana, they contain Hemp Seed extract. Like how they put that in womans hair products etc. It's suppose to be good for your immune system, etc.

They're like RedBull but smoother IMO.
    Last edited by EliteGeek91; 09-27-2012 at 12:08 PM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    LOL! So its a real product?

...I just thought it was a spoof.

Heat

no sleep, always tired TheGoat Eater's Avatar
    a history book for you (errr... thread ) clicky clicky cross yar fingers

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoat Eater View Post
    a history book for you (errr... thread ) clicky clicky cross yar fingers
    Different stock voltage.
    Should be a whole different IC.

XIP
    Quote Originally Posted by EliteGeek91 View Post
    Mother of God, are these "golden"? I mean usually that timing has to be near 1.65v or so with 1600MHz..

Their part# is: 996825
    Imo, the easiest way to test psc is to run 2400 cl7-11-7-27 air and subs/tertiaries on auto.

Test it @ the lowest vdimm it can finished 32m

Mine with minimum 1.725V

Were the memory chips used in the Mushkin 996825 set ever discovered?