Thread: Low-ish profile heatsink (besides noctua)

Low-ish profile heatsink (besides noctua)

Hey,

Any recommendations for a heatsink that is 150mm high max?
    I don't the fans on the noctua, and they are rather pricey, especially if I'm going to buy other fans for the heatsink.

I'll be running an 3770k, probably somewhere around 4.4ghz on an Asus Gene V with low profile vengeance ram (maybe Dominator platinum if compatable with the heatsink).

The Noctua NH-C14 is probably the best cooler sub 150mm, but at 82 euro with stock fans, probably somewhere over 100 with that aren't as hideous (imo). For 110 I could get a corsair hydro 100. (And I don't want to be bothered with watercooling either)

How good would the Big Shuriken 2 Rev.B be? That one costs less then half of the NH-C14.

Noise isn't really a big problem, as I could always add a fancontroller or go for some silent cheap-ish fans.

Or would the NH-C14 be 100% worth the price? I'm also a little concerned about the weight of the heatsink, well not really concerned, I just don't really like heavy heatsinks in a Lian Li .

And Tuniq towers aren't available in Belgium.

Thanks in advance,
    Thomas

Xtreme Cruncher
    I have a PH-TC14CS that I like very well ... w/ dual fans comes in at 140.5mm in height.
    http://phanteks.com/01/CPUcooler-PH-TC14CS.asp

They aren't for sale in Belgium

How do the Thermalright AXP-140 and Noctua NH-L12 compare?
    The Thermalright is for sale at about 70 euro on Ebay, the Noctua will be about 65-70 euro, I'll probably get some Corsair air series fans for either I guess.

I've been suggested the Thermalright Macho, but that is just to big IMO. I'm using a Lian Li V600FX incase anyone wonders.