Thread: torrent ip forwarding question

torrent ip forwarding question

i'm trying to setup a small network at my sons house, he does a bit of torrenting and likes to leave things seeding for some time but with the way the network is setup right now it won't beyond the initial download.
    the way it's setup is modem - router - router - switch - PC's
    i know how to configure port forwarding (or whatever it's called) through 1 router for the PC's to be able to seed, but I don't know how to do it through 2 routers.
    anyone mind giving me a push in the right direction?

how do you have the network segregated, if they are one network then you do it on the router that connects to the internet, if you have 2 networks then you forward from the 1st router to the second then the second to the computer. you could also put the second router in the DMZ of the 1st if they are on separate networks.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

ah yea, guess i could have said that huh?

they are both set as routers, the 2nd wired into the 1st... make sense?

i did not mean the wiring, i meant the network structure.

do you have one network as in you have 192.168.0.x and 255.255.255.255 sub net on all of them, or do you have something like a 192.168.0.x for the things connected to one router then the other has a 192.168.1.x for the other.

if you have the 1st type then you forward from the 1st router like normal. if you have the second you need to assign an address for the 2nd router on the 1st and port forward what you want to the second, then you assign an address for the computer and forward to it like normal form the second.

so every time you change logical networks you need to forward from the network above it to the router you connect to until you forward to the computer.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi