Thread: WB CPU Ek Waterblock Supremacy

Xtreme Enthusiast

WB CPU Ek Waterblock Supremacy

Hello

It seems that the new block Ek Waterblock Supremacy (for the CPU) is more powerful than the Supreme HF on S2011?
    What is changing?

Thanks
    Sorry for my english

LL A77F - Asus Rampage V Extreme - 5930K - Corsair Platinum 4x4Go 3000 C15 - Zotac 770 - SSD Samsung 850 Pro & 830
    Pump D5 with mod Bitspower - EK Supremacy - Koolance GTX680 - HW Labs SR1 280 & EK XTX 360

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Supremacy has a bigger base, modular bow and different injection plate. Micro channels are also different. Final result is a 1.5ºC better block with also better flow.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Ok thanks

Top Plexi of the Supreme HF is not compatible with the Supremacy (I do not like the top of Supremacy)?
    Sorry for my english

LL A77F - Asus Rampage V Extreme - 5930K - Corsair Platinum 4x4Go 3000 C15 - Zotac 770 - SSD Samsung 850 Pro & 830
    Pump D5 with mod Bitspower - EK Supremacy - Koolance GTX680 - HW Labs SR1 280 & EK XTX 360

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Who cares how well it cools it's absolutely hideous. I still burst out laughing when i see EK blocks

ek_waterblocks_supremacy_elite_1.jpg

ek-fc670-gtx-ca_01.jpg

Epic fail

Quote Originally Posted by tistou77 View Post
    Ok thanks

(I do not like the top of Supremacy)?
    I stop buying EK for that reason. the circles are too ugly.

Xtreme Addict
    Yeah the circle thing was not something I would think would help sales any. It's cool to try and come up with new and innovating designs, however there is a grey area to what you like as the business owner and what your customers would like. Not many like the circles.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by leghmoh View Post
    Cool story bro.

I, on the other hand, take the performance over the looks any day. Circles don't bother me at all.
    2600k @ 5.0Ghz 1.54V, Giga Z68, Zotac GTX680 AMP!, Patriot 1066Mhz 8GB RAM, Custom water, Silverstone 1000W, HAF932

I am Xtreme
    I have the black acetal Supreamcy cooling my Ivy in my case and i can barely see the circles. In real life it's not too bad i have to say. Still prefer the old look though.
    Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | FX 8350 | 2x4GB Trident-X 2600 C10 | 2x ATI HD5870 Crossfire | Enermax Revo 1050watt | OCZ Vertex 3 60GB | Samsung F1 1TB

Watercooling: XSPC Raystorm | EK 5870 Delrin fullcover | TFC X-changer 480 w/ 4x Gentle Typhoon | DDC2+ Delrin top | EK 200mm res | Primochill LRT 3/8 tubing

Case: Murdermodded TJ-07

sub 9 sec. SPi1M 940BE 955BE 965BE 1090T

The circles look nice on the lightning block imo

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by jomama22 View Post
    The circles look nice on the lightning block imo
    You have a pictures?
    Sorry for my english

-100c Club
    @tistou77:

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Ok thanks, I thought he was talking about block for the CPU with led
    Sorry for my english

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by tiborrr View Post
    @tistou77:

Actually its abit of a shame i have EK rads and previous gen water blocks. I'll give this gen a miss i think

-100c Club
    Good for you!

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by QuadDamage View Post
    Cool story bro.

I, on the other hand, take the performance over the looks any day. Circles don't bother me at all.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultrasonic2 View Post
    Who cares how well it cools it's absolutely hideous. I still burst out laughing when i see EK blocks

ek_waterblocks_supremacy_elite_1.jpg

ek-fc670-gtx-ca_01.jpg

Epic fail
    Quote Originally Posted by leghmoh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadasius View Post
    Yeah the circle thing was not something I would think would help sales any. It's cool to try and come up with new and innovating designs, however there is a grey area to what you like as the business owner and what your customers would like. Not many like the circles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultrasonic2 View Post

Actually its abit of a shame i have EK rads and previous gen water blocks. I'll give this gen a miss i think

+1

Somehow when I say something about the CSQ design, ppl seem to jump all over me.

Quote Originally Posted by QuadDamage View Post
    Cool story bro.

Really cool story bro. (Works both ways and equally condescending)

Really though, when the performance difference doesn't amount to a single MHz of extra OC than any other leading block, looks become slightly more important to many folks.
    Circles SucQ!

If your annoyed by sigs telling you to put things in your sig, then put this in your sig

Bribery won't work on me...just say NO to AT!!!

Xtreme Member
    Circles? Which circles?

Xtreme Guru
    scamps: nice work, but there are lot of users not willing to put in extra work in milling 'em down in already expensive hobby products, that should be without major functional or design faults since beginning. For such only option are competitor products or EK's older ones while they still last in stock. I'm a bit dissapointed for EK's principal stance on not bulging a bit with CSQ and not considering providing alternative, even if higher priced. Of course, if there will be significant drop in orders compared to old times they'll change his mind (in year or two?), but it will be too little too late and unfortunately another point hurting their reputation by not listening customer wishes in this niche hobby.
    I still expect Supremacy to be among best if not THE best cooling efficiency wise. Regulateable bow seems wise next step to squeeze out extra performance.

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterlogged View Post

Really though, when the performance difference doesn't amount to a single MHz of extra OC than any other leading block, looks become slightly more important to many folks.
    Amen, that's the answer to the thread about how it looks.

WL does it again.
    All stock for now, no need for more, but it's gonna be soon methinks.
    Giga Xtreme 58 mobo i7 965 ES D0 step Corsair 1600 6 gig
    SLI GTX470 EVGA
    EK HF nickle blue top CPU block (free from Eddie)
    Koolance 470 waterblocks
    One big loop, two 120x3 rads. Pa 120.3 and XSPC RX 120x3. Swiftech 35x pump with V2 restop. GT AP15 fans.
    Banchetto Tech Station
    120 GB SSD, and a few other drives.
    1000W UltraX3 PSU, 900 watt (1500VA UPS
    23.999" Acer GD235hz and 24" Acer H243H