Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blackmesa:Source to be released on 14.09.2012 (US: 09/14/2012)

Xtreme Addict

Blackmesa:Source to be released on 14.09.2012 (US: 09/14/2012)

Seems like it is not the new DNF! Blackmesa:Source is to be released on the 14th of september, THIS YEAR! That's right folks, just a couple more days!

Until then: please vote for BMS to be available directly on steam via Steam Greenlight: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...s/?id=94128543

I can't wait!
    Notice any grammar or spelling mistakes? Feel free to correct me! Thanks

Xtreme Mentor
    Isn't it only a portion of the game? Its still not finished.

I'll still be interested to give it a shot.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by BababooeyHTJ View Post

Afaik the MP is missing.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by FischOderAal View Post
    Afaik the MP is missing.
    It goes up to Lambda Core. So they are still working on Xen and DM.
    Originally Posted by motown_steve
    Every genocide that was committed during the 20th century has been preceded by the disarmament of the target population. Once the government outlaws your guns your life becomes a luxury afforded to you by the state. You become a tool to benefit the state. Should you cease to benefit the state or even worse become an annoyance or even a hindrance to the state then your life becomes more trouble than it is worth.

Once the government outlaws your guns your life is forfeit. You're already dead, it's just a question of when they are going to get around to you.

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by BababooeyHTJ View Post

Quote Originally Posted by LordEC911 View Post
    It goes up to Lambda Core. So they are still working on Xen and DM.
    I'm frankly happy that they at least decided to release something playable. Until that gameplay leak, I was starting to get worried that they had just given up on the project.

If this project turns out as well as anticipated, I really hope that valve straight up offers them jobs. I want people like them working on Episode 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans de Vries View Post

JF-AMD posting: IPC increases!!!!!!! How many times did I tell you!!!

terrace215 post: IPC decreases, The more I post the more it decreases.
    .....}
    until (interrupt by Movieman)

Regards, Hans

Xtreme Addict
    Oh, I wasn't aware that it wasn't completely done

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by AliG View Post
    I'm frankly happy that they at least decided to release something playable. Until that gameplay leak, I was starting to get worried that they had just given up on the project.

If this project turns out as well as anticipated, I really hope that valve straight up offers them jobs. I want people like them working on Episode 3
    Not me thank you very much. I don't need even slower development time at Valve.
    TAMGc5: PhII X4 945, Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD3P, 2x Kingston PC2-6400 HyperX CL4 2GB, 2x ASUS HD 5770 CUcore Xfire, Razer Barracuda AC1, Win8 Pro x64 (Current)

TAMGc6: AMD FX, Gigabyte GA-xxxx-UDx, 8GB/16GB DDR3, Nvidia 680 GTX, ASUS Xonar, 2x 120/160GB SSD, 1x WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 6Gb/s, Win8 Pro x64 (Planned)

Xtremeish
    Quote Originally Posted by Syn. View Post
    Not me thank you very much. I don't need even slower development time at Valve.
    You do understand that your comment does not make much sense? This project was done on their spare time...
    How fast do you expect them to do this? Its an ENORMOUS project, not just drawing out the maps, but actually creating new models and voice.

I think most people have forgotten how long the original HL1 actually was.
    Aber ja, naturlich Hans nass ist, er steht unter einem Wasserfall - James May
    Hardware: Gigabyte GA-Z87M-D3H, Intel i5 4670k @ 4GHz, Crucial DDR3 BallistiX, Asus GTX 770 DirectCU II, Corsair HX 650W, Samsung 830 256GB, Silverstone Precision -|- Cooling: Noctua NH-C12P SE14

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallenator View Post
    You do understand that your comment does not make much sense? This project was done on their spare time...
    How fast do you expect them to do this? Its an ENORMOUS project, not just drawing out the maps, but actually creating new models and voice.

I think most people have forgotten how long the original HL1 actually was.
    Knowing that saying this will make sound like a pr1ck I still say faster then it took. Its nothing against the peeps behind the project. As they have only recently decided to expand Xen levels into its own game shows that they put as much as detail and game play testing as Valve. So yeah they would be a prefect fit for Valve but not a perfect fit for my patience.
    TAMGc5: PhII X4 945, Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD3P, 2x Kingston PC2-6400 HyperX CL4 2GB, 2x ASUS HD 5770 CUcore Xfire, Razer Barracuda AC1, Win8 Pro x64 (Current)

TAMGc6: AMD FX, Gigabyte GA-xxxx-UDx, 8GB/16GB DDR3, Nvidia 680 GTX, ASUS Xonar, 2x 120/160GB SSD, 1x WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 6Gb/s, Win8 Pro x64 (Planned)

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Syn. View Post
    Knowing that saying this will make sound like a pr1ck I still say faster then it took. Its nothing against the peeps behind the project. As they have only recently decided to expand Xen levels into its own game shows that they put as much as detail and game play testing as Valve. So yeah they would be a prefect fit for Valve but not a perfect fit for my patience.
    But that's exactly the point, if they are a perfect fit for Valve wouldn't that automatically expedite HL3? Think about it, if you put more like minded people on a project, it's bound to be done faster

.....}

Regards, Hans

Xtreme Member
    I just threw this up on slickdeals. lets see if we hit 100% by tomorrow
    my mini-fridge
    MoBo: GA-EP45-UD3P | CPU: Q9550 3.6GHZ @ 1.216v | RAM: 4x1GB 900mhz @ 5-5-5-15 | GPU: GTX 460 900G/1800S/4400M | PSU: Corsair 750TX| HDD's: Seagate 320GB + 500GB, Samsung 1TB | Case: antec p180

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by AliG View Post
    But that's exactly the point, if they are a perfect fit for Valve wouldn't that automatically expedite HL3? Think about it, if you put more like minded people on a project, it's bound to be done faster
    That's what I thought couple years ago. Valve has never stopped hiring and we are yet to see anything about HL3. To me it sounded like the majority of the people got really lost in the F-Stop gameplay mechanic. Which is why they come to the point in the Portal 2 development where someone had to say "Wait. Are we really going to make a Portal game without Portals?". Valve has people figuring out for them self what is the best contribution they can give to Valve. Valve does not think like any other company in the world. The Valve peeps in charge of HL games are doing their own thing. Bringing Black Mesa guys will not automatically mean that they will go straight into helping out development of next HL game. They will probably be asked to do what everyone else does, find the best ways they can give something back to Valve. You cant rush Valve time, you can try and throw bodies at it but it will still go at its pace. The next HL game wont be out until Valve has made sure that every part of it is just right. Valve is Valve and as long as people working there follow Gabe's work principles they never change. Now that I think about it, I dont think I really want them to. If BM turns out to be good then BM team has my vote for being worthy of Valve membership. I just know it wont speed up the release of HL3. In a way this all reminds of the Desert Combat BF1942 mod team being hired by DICE and then being responsible for producing some of the very bad patches released for BF2.

Xtreme Guru
    DX9 and talk about low quality graphics.....

Hopefully the gameplay bring something unique to the table.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
    DX9 and talk about low quality graphics....
    Now compare it to HL:S...
    Last edited by LordEC911; 09-09-2012 at 10:50 PM.
    Originally Posted by motown_steve
    Every genocide that was committed during the 20th century has been preceded by the disarmament of the target population. Once the government outlaws your guns your life becomes a luxury afforded to you by the state. You become a tool to benefit the state. Should you cease to benefit the state or even worse become an annoyance or even a hindrance to the state then your life becomes more trouble than it is worth.

Once the government outlaws your guns your life is forfeit. You're already dead, it's just a question of when they are going to get around to you.

Xtreme Addict
    Agree, it's the most anticiped mod of source ( here the 2007 one ) engine.

I'm so excited to see their incredible work. Yeah HL1 was incredibly so long. So for them it's an awesome project, & the amazing thing, that all is done for free. So i ask to each members of XS systems to vote for it on greenlight.

CU later guys

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
    DX9 and talk about low quality graphics.....

Hopefully the gameplay bring something unique to the table.
    I'm fine with that. The idiocy of chasing the magic graphics fairy and ever more realism has sucked the fun out of games and turned the more into "immersion" and "cinematic" experiences rather than you know... fun games to play. If I want eyes to be amazed I'll watch a blue ray, if I want immersion I'll go do something outside. When I want to play a game I want to play a game.
    AMD Phenom II BE, ASUS Crosshair II formula, 8gb ddr2 800, 470 SLI, PC P&C 750, arcera RAID, 4x OCZ Vertex2, 2x samsung 7200 1tb, HT Omega Clario +

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by madcho View Post
    Agree, it's the most anticiped mod of source ( here the 2007 one ) engine.

I'm so excited to see their incredible work. Yeah HL1 was incredibly so long. So for them it's an awesome project, & the amazing thing, that all is done for free. So i ask to each members of XS systems to vote for it on greenlight.

CU later guys
    Already have. Last time i checked it was just under 50%.

Xtreme Addict
    It will get my download and appreciation for the hard work they've done with it. YEAH!
    -=The Gamer=-
    MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) | i5 2500k @ 4.5Ghz | 1.3875V | 28C Idle / 65C Load (LinX)
    8Gig G.Skill Ripjaw PC3-12800 9-9-9-24 @ 1600Mhz w/ 1.5V | TR Ultra eXtreme 120 w/ 2 Fans
    Sapphire 7950 VaporX 1150/1500 w/ 1.2V/1.5V | 32C Idle / 64C Load | 2x 128Gig Crucial M4 SSD's
    BitFenix Shinobi Window Case | SilverStone DA750 | Dell 2405FPW 24" Screen
    -=The Server=-
    Synology DS1511+ | Dual Core 1.8Ghz CPU | 30C Idle / 38C Load
    3 Gig PC2-6400 | 3x Samsung F4 2TB Raid5 | 2x Samsung F4 2TB
    Heat

Xtreme Guru
    downloading

I am Xtreme

Exclamation Download links

Official download link: http://release.blackmesasource.com/p...d_manager.html
    Direct download mirror: http://www.shacknews.com/file/32999/...dows-free-game
    Torrent mirror: http://tsukanov.me/BlackMesa.torrent
    Add the following trackers:
    Code:
    udp://tracker.openbittorrent.com:80

udp://tracker.publicbt.com:80

udp://tracker.istole.it:6969

udp://tracker.ccc.de:80
    Torrent appears to be the fastest way so far.
    Last edited by zalbard; 09-15-2012 at 08:14 AM.
    Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

NooB MOD
    It's bad enough I play through HL1 every six months or so in one sitting, I can't afford to download this (but I am)
    Xtreme SUPERCOMPUTER
    Nov 1 - Nov 8 Join Now!

Quote Originally Posted by Jowy Atreides View Post
    Intel is about to get athlon'd
    Athlon64 3700+ KACAE 0605APAW @ 3455MHz 314x11 1.92v/Vapochill || Core 2 Duo E8500 Q807 @ 6060MHz 638x9.5 1.95v LN2 @ -120'c || Athlon64 FX-55 CABCE 0516WPMW @ 3916MHz 261x15 1.802v/LN2 @ -40c || DFI LP UT CFX3200-DR || DFI LP UT NF4 SLI-DR || DFI LP UT NF4 Ultra D || Sapphire X1950XT || 2x256MB Kingston HyperX BH-5 @ 290MHz 2-2-2-5 3.94v || 2x256MB G.Skill TCCD @ 350MHz 3-4-4-8 3.1v || 2x256MB Kingston HyperX BH-5 @ 294MHz 2-2-2-5 3.94v

Xtremeish
    How DARE they change the 1. positions of Crowbar, Shotgun and Magnum! (So far)

Nah, its okay, they have done a truly amazing job with this mod! Its really worth checking out regardless.
    Aber ja, naturlich Hans nass ist, er steht unter einem Wasserfall - James May
    Hardware: Gigabyte GA-Z87M-D3H, Intel i5 4670k @ 4GHz, Crucial DDR3 BallistiX, Asus GTX 770 DirectCU II, Corsair HX 650W, Samsung 830 256GB, Silverstone Precision -|- Cooling: Noctua NH-C12P SE14

Xtreme Guru
    The game looks great from what I've seen so far. However I'm running into a problem where the game just won't load any of my saved games (other people on the BMS forum are having this issue as well). If I start a new game at the same level the game works fine, so I'll probably continue playing around with it until this load issue becomes annoying.

Highly recommend people check it out. As long as there aren't too many glitches (which for a mod of this size we should expect a handful) this seems like a great remake

.....}

Regards, Hans

Xtreme Addict
    just awesome ...

Xtreme Addict
    Played through it and quite enjoyed it. The changes are subtle but welcomed and it's nice they didn't deviate much from the original game. Goes to show how well Half Life holds up even after all these years.
    Feedanator 7.0
    CASE:R5|PSU:850G2|CPU:i7 6850K|MB:x99 Ultra|RAM:8x4 2666|GPU:980TI|SSD:BPX256/Evo500|SOUND:2i4/HS8
    LCD:XB271HU|OS:Win10|INPUT:G900/K70 |HS/F:H115i

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast