Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ALWAYS wear a seatbelt!

Xtreme Addict

ALWAYS wear a seatbelt!

What happens if I don't?

WARNING! The images in this video are not for the fainthearted!
    24 core Xeon:
    2x Intel Xeon Q3QS 'ES' @ 4.1GHz (folding@3.8GHz) - (flakey) EVGA SR-2 - 2x Antec Kühler 620 - 6x 4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz CL8 - MSI GTX580 Twin Frozr II/OC - Thermalright Shaman - 2x Intel X25-M 80GB RAID0 - Silverstone Strider 1200W Gold - Lian Li PC-P80

Xtreme Christmas Lighter
    Just so people know, it's not blood and guts... but it is a little disturbing.

Xtreme Addict
    Originally posted by Jeff
    Just so people know, it's not blood and guts... but it is a little disturbing.
    Yeah, I'm wearing mine from now one
    24 core Xeon:
    2x Intel Xeon Q3QS 'ES' @ 4.1GHz (folding@3.8GHz) - (flakey) EVGA SR-2 - 2x Antec Kühler 620 - 6x 4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz CL8 - MSI GTX580 Twin Frozr II/OC - Thermalright Shaman - 2x Intel X25-M 80GB RAID0 - Silverstone Strider 1200W Gold - Lian Li PC-P80

JBELL
    always wear mine - never needed but you only need it once.

Xtreme Christmas Lighter
    Funny thing is I grew up wearing one so I feel strange when I don't have one on. Even if I jump into the car to talk to my wife or someone at work, I just get this horrible feeling without it on... even when we're not moving.

Wonder if the guy is ok or if something happened to that part of his body that's outside the window. Hopefully the car didn't come to rest on it.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    yeah I learned the hard way. nothing like that, but I always wear it.

check out "XS REVIEWS"

Want me to believe your hardware review? Show me a receipt

Originally posted by Jeff
    Funny thing is I grew up wearing one so I feel strange when I don't have one on. Even if I jump into the car to talk to my wife or someone at work, I just get this horrible feeling without it on... even when we're not moving.

Wonder if the guy is ok or if something happened to that part of his body that's outside the window. Hopefully the car didn't come to rest on it.
    Yep, same here..

After allways wearing one from when I was a kid, and having never driven without one.. its just feels too strange not to wear one.

Banned
    01010100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01001101 01100001 01110100 01110010 01101001 01111000
    i got my grandma to start wearing one and it saved her life a couple years back. she hit one of those reflector things on the side of the freeway and the airbag went off. she swerved across the freeway through traffic and hit the center divide. there was a bar that can inches of hitting her head. if she didnt have her seatbelt on, she wouldnt have survived.

Xtreme Recruit
    I can't open the video. DivX player tells me that the file contains video data that is not recognized: "FOURCC code 'IV50'". Win Media Player can't load any codecs for that so I only get audio...

Any ideas?
    (Omorpheus) I think rappers are the noobs of the music world "OMGZ YO I R GANGSTER"

Xtremely Large Member
    Looks like you might need the Indeo codecs, a trip to the Intel site should did something up.

I also never travel without a seatbelt, we've never had a car, so I have always kind of lived in fear of them.
    I've heard it all, I've seen it all, I've done it all. I just don't remember any of it.

DFI LanParty UT NF3 | A-64 3200+ | 1Gb OCZ EL DDR PC-3500 Limited Edition
    Radeon X800XT | Audigy 2 | 2x WD 74Gb Raptors | 60Gb IBM | 20Gb Maxtor
    OCZ PowerStream 520w | Mach II GT Cooled

Xtreme Addict
    Was that guy sleepy or what?

Yeah I wear mine probably 80% of the time...

Xtreme Enthusiast
    My parents ALWAYS make me wear one. I feel very weird not wearing one. I could never forget. Except when I was learning to drive, cuz I was so nervous I forgot. But now it is just second nature, sometimes when I sit down on the plane I reach up for one. LOL.
    20026 01 <-- 9500 NP (on air) CPU TEC Cooled.

Originally posted by FUGGER
    Just the live video sex chat girls come to mind, not that I know anything about that
    With detail settings maxed, full PS and VS support, and highest resolution available, my life runs at 60FPS solid.

Xtreme Recruit
    Originally posted by st0nedpenguin
    Looks like you might need the Indeo codecs, a trip to the Intel site should did something up.
    I couldn't find anything helpful on the Intel site, where did you all get the codec from?
    Indeo just sells them, there is nothing like a free codec on their page.
    Last edited by Schmax; 02-03-2004 at 01:31 PM.

Xtreme Addict
    Crazy, BTw nice sig ct.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    ya, i always wear mine too. I just finished drivers ed, and at the end they ata bunch of teenagers who got in wrecks come in and talk. 150+staples in one leg etc......... scary
    PII X6 1055T 14x272
    Gigabyte 890GX
    2x4 GB Gskill DDR3@4890
    XFX 7870

X. I. P.
    In all my years as an EMT, responding to traffic accidents -

I NEVER cut a dead person out of a seatbelt

I am lame
    I'll never wear one again. I know 2 people that died from them, and a few years ago I was in a pretty bad car wreck, and they said if we had ours on we (me and the driver) would both be dead.

F*** seatbelts.

X. I. P.
    Smiz - I have a few friends who feel the same.

I'll say to you what I say to them - God bless yah, hope you're right!
    The plural of "anecdote" is not "data."

Xtreme Addict
    Originally posted by Smizack
    I'll never wear one again. I know 2 people that died from them, and a few years ago I was in a pretty bad car wreck, and they said if we had ours on we (me and the driver) would both be dead.

F*** seatbelts.
    So you don't recommend anyone to wear seatbelts?

You realize you are probably a VERY small statistic. I'm pretty sure seatbelts increase your chance of survival dramatically. I just hope you never get into another accident man...

I don't wear mine 100% of the time either but I should...
    Last edited by isp; 02-03-2004 at 07:46 PM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    i dont get waht the big deal is. It's become a habit for me. But my parents taught me right so that's probably why.
    20026 01 <-- 9500 NP (on air) CPU TEC Cooled.

Originally posted by FUGGER
    Just the live video sex chat girls come to mind, not that I know anything about that
    With detail settings maxed, full PS and VS support, and highest resolution available, my life runs at 60FPS solid.

I am lame
    Originally posted by isp
    So you don't recommend anyone to wear seatbelts?

You realize you are probably a VERY small statistic. I'm pretty sure seatbelts increase your chance of survival dramatically. I just hope you never get into another accident man...

I don't wear mine 100% of the time either but I should...
    I didn't tell everyone not to. I said I wouldn't.

Xtreme Addict
    I'm with ya smiz. they aren't comfortable, and I've seen some nasty injuries caused by them.

I feel pretty much the same way about air bags.

Xtremely Large Member
    Schmax, sorry mate, it's been a while since I last downloaded them, they were still free then.

Try here for free downloads of the Indeo codecs, and if you want to sort out all the codecs you might need for day to day use, check out the K-Lite codec pack, that includes pretty much anything you might need, and it's free too.
    I've heard it all, I've seen it all, I've done it all. I just don't remember any of it.

DFI LanParty UT NF3 | A-64 3200+ | 1Gb OCZ EL DDR PC-3500 Limited Edition
    Radeon X800XT | Audigy 2 | 2x WD 74Gb Raptors | 60Gb IBM | 20Gb Maxtor
    OCZ PowerStream 520w | Mach II GT Cooled

Xtreme Recruit
    Ok, thanks dude. Now that I've seen it I'm really happy that I always wear the seatbelt...
    (Omorpheus) I think rappers are the noobs of the music world "OMGZ YO I R GANGSTER"

Xtreme Addict
    I almost always wear a seat belt... feels weird to be in a car and not wear one. Only vehicle I ever drive without one is one of the trucks at work... it only has a lap belt, which would probably hurt more than hinder.
    AXP1700+ JIUHB 0302 @ 2400MHz - TEC-Watercooled in The Skyscraper
    ABIT NF7-S , Sapphire Radeon 9500 Pro, 1.5GB XMS3200C2

XS IRC channel: irc.quakenet.net #xtremesystems
    www.ocfaq.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast