Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
    Have one pre-ordered.
    so envious...

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I so wish I had the $$$
    sigh

Xtreme Guru
    For that price CaseLabs products seem to me better choice. Though end result of build might depend more from user, there will be more diversity among builds. Yes, most murdermod builds look top notch at level of best ever mod projects without need to do load of work by user himself .. but as actual product to buy with pros/cons/price weighted it's imho rather for bragging rights, not as best possible choice. Nice to see AA5 options @MB MK2 available.
    Last edited by Church; 09-04-2012 at 02:16 AM.

Xtreme Member
    I find it rather strange, some peoples opinions of this case.

If the case was inexpensive they'd sell millions and it would be the greatest case ever built.

But when eliminating all cut corners, using finest materials possible, and with a "no compromising" approach, something has to give. Namely price, and as the slider gets pushed further towards perfection the price will inflate.

To some it's worth it, to others it's not.

i wouldn't be surprised if the world doesn't see half of the 499 cases online, ever. I think a lot of people are going to purchase this, like stated on other forums, as a piece of art to be enjoyed by themselves, for themselves.

I have been waiting for this case ever since they stopped doing the full MK1 case and now after what feels like a life time, £700 just does not seem worth it at all.

I have a few mudermod bits from orginal MK1 design and they are quality, but I must admit for that price I would rather wait for the red harbinger desk.

Pre-ordered mine, Case no. 033. Then I got this message in an email
    http://www.murderbox.com/announcement/

Real pity. Hope they find a workaround.
    Last edited by h20xide; 09-06-2012 at 05:15 AM.

Only 8 replies damn!?

I really want to grab one of these, I just got a £938 tax rebate so I might, just might consider it!!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Man ....that is one sexy lookin case.

More & more very expensive, quickly obsolete parts!!

Alright! Finally some movement. I deposited the whole wad of cash at once to help speed through pre-order phase to the manufacturing stage. Anyone else rolling in the glorious murderbox band-wagon? Thankfully still have no.033

I am Xtreme
    Have one pre-ordered.
    Once again this. With options:

• Internal Aquaero 5 PRO Mount
    • Single Rad & DDC Pump Mount
    • Illuminated Luminous Panel
    • EK-X3 EVO.2 Reservoir

It will be so nice to have the perfect case and not have to worry about trying to modify something so suit my needs ever again.

Xtreme Addict
    Did my own Murderbox case a few years back. Got bored of the TJ07 case very quickly. Still ended up with Lian Li cases though, Tried out a 343B which is still one of my faves but had to migrate from that in the end as I didnt have the space for it after moving.

Once again this. With options:

• Internal Aquaero 5 PRO Mount
    • Illuminated Luminous Panel
    • EK-X3 EVO.2 Reservoir

It will be so nice to have the perfect case and not have to worry about trying to modify something so suit my needs ever again.
    Agree'd. What no. are you? I got it with the;

• External Aquaero 5 XT Mount
    • EK-X3 EVO.2 Reservoir

And paid all at once so I get the little Patron badge, woo!

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by h20xide View Post
    what no. Are you?
    020. :d

I'm 063 (Patron), hopefully everyone who preordered months ago commits to the buy.

according to the new update, there are still 200 people Murderbox purchase, and that we were 659 people who were interested, do not understand

There were around 650 pre-orders. Since the actual payment process started around 100 people came through with the order. For the production to roll on there are still more people missing!

Mine will be #101 and I'd really like to see the case see the light of day. I hope some of the guys who pre-ordered will reconsider and decide to order their reserved case too!

I think Charles and the whole Murderbox team invested too much time and compassion to let this project go to waste!!

Best Regards, Luke

in my opinion, what we should do is put a deadline for example on June 10, that day is started with all production orders have been made to date, while occurring ordered boxes, other stakeholders buy the product to reach the 499 goal, so it prevents many people who have purchased the Murderbox will come back, not to lose customers, but it will make a series of people who made and people coming back, so you never will get the 499.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I wouldnt worry too much guys.. Charles and his team has put way too much time in this project to let it die. Im sure he has some great news for us all soon.

Engineering The Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenjiwing View Post
    I wouldnt worry too much guys.. Charles and his team has put way too much time in this project to let it die. Im sure he has some great news for us all soon.
    It's been a long time since I've been on this board, but since then I have done a lot of things with manufacturing and I'm willing to wager that the reason this project died is that they were going to lose too much money only producing 100 or 200 and there just aren't enough people to buy these.

There's a reason these high end systems are considered "custom"

Given that charles doesnt like me very much maybe my wild unfounded accusations will garner a real response....

I wouldn't call it dead, its just progressing a lot slower than expected. Patience is a virtue.

I'm in - No. 9.

Quote Originally Posted by SNiiPE_DoGG View Post
    It's been a long time since I've been on this board, but since then I have done a lot of things with manufacturing and I'm willing to wager that the reason this project died is that they were going to lose too much money only producing 100 or 200 and there just aren't enough people to buy these.

There's a reason these high end systems are considered "custom"

Given that charles doesnt like me very much maybe my wild unfounded accusations will garner a real response....

As h20xide said - the project isn't dead. Charles (and Callen and some other folks) have invested a huge amount of time and effort in the MKII project. Charles has put his heart and soul into this endeavor - it's not just about making money, but having a vision and making it happen. And yes, we do have to be patient. It hasn't been an easy process for Charles and his team, but they are committed.

SNiiPE_DoGG - if you or anyone else needs a real answer, check out the website. Those of us who have ordered one are being kept in the loop as we go forward - Charles has been up front about the struggles and knows people are waiting anxiously (and patiently )

I can't speak directly for Charles, but I doubt he has any animosity towards you, and wishes you nothing but success.

I am Xtreme

Best part of the email. As for the rest; upsetting news. Fingers crossed this makes it to production.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast