Thread: did maintaince flow dropped masively suddenly

did maintaince flow dropped masively suddenly

Already known everything was properly checked attached.

Changes i did was set gpu straight again it was dropping down little like \ not massively like gpu was bend , Thank god its not bend.

Cleaned my pump took out rotor cleaned that asswell.

reduced tubing size little here and their so gpu would't hang all the way down.

for rest nothing changed.

also blocks i have in my loop and pump.

ek supreme hf full nicke old one with jet plate one which gave me 3 lpm before.

ek fc480 copper block

probably have like 1 lpm right now.

what i am thinking atm is that if not had jet plate put in properly that would just leak around jet plate.

pump seems to make noise asswell air in it constantly does't stay silent been like that now for 2 3 hours.

I'm suspecting jet plate finaly working like it should , Tough i have no idea what normal flow rate would be with jet plate one.
    Anyway think i let it run now over night for leak testing, see if noise from pump becomes less.

Sorry if its unreadable i'm extreme stressed out that my back hurt like hell.

It would help btw to known if you own a ek supreme hf full nickel blockto known what flow rates you getting with each jet plate you tryit.
    If had 3 lpm before with jet plate 4 then wen't to jet plate one still had 3 lpm i put in jet plate one back then because flow was just to much for reservoir to handle.

Xtreme Member
    Hi zer0kewl, hope you are feeling better soon. I do not have an EK Supreme HF so will bow out. My advice is get your pump(s) working so you know the flow is getting to the inlet of the CPU block. You don't want to give power to the system until your leak testing is complete and the bubbles are nearly gone with the reservoir topped off. It's hard to tell but your problem could be a bubble if you are still leak testing.

You may get more accurate replies if you let us know about your system including your pumps. Here is a link to a template that you might find useful:
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...late&p=3556546

You can copy & paste to fill out areas that might help. Good luck.

System:
    CPU:
    Motherboard:
    CPU Overclock Speed:
    Video Card & Quantity:
    Videocard Overclock:

Watercooling:
    CPU Block:
    NorthBridge Block:
    SouthBridgeBlock:
    Mosfet Block:
    Videocard WB/WBs:
    Radiator & Quantity:
    Radiator Fans & Quantity:
    Radiator Location:
    Radiator Fan Direction:
    Reservoir:
    Tubing & Size:
    Barb/Fitting Size:
    Pump & Quantity:
    Pumps-Series/Parallel:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Cooler Master HAF 932 case; Corsair 850 tx psu; Dell 27" monitor
    XSPC rx rads; Apogee xt2; gtx680+Heatkiller fc; mcp655's in EK-D5 top
    distilled water + silver in MasterKleer 7/16" ID on 1/2" barbs & compressions

System:
    CPU: i7 920 c0 @ 3.8 ghz
    Motherboard: p6x58d premium
    CPU Overclock Speed: 3.8 ghz
    Video Card & Quantity: 1x
    Videocard Overclock: 850 core 2000 mem

Watercooling: gpu + cpu
    CPU Block: ek supreme hf full nickel jet plate one
    NorthBridge Block:
    SouthBridgeBlock:
    Mosfet Block:
    Videocard WB/WBs: fc480 copper
    Radiator & Quantity:1x pa120.3
    Radiator Fans & Quantity: 3x
    Radiator Location: top
    Radiator Fan Direction: bottom pushing up
    Reservoir: ek spinbay res
    Tubing & Size: 1/2
    Barb/Fitting Size: g1/4 and g3/8 for radiator
    Pump & Quantity: 1x laing d5 mcp-655 + ek rev 2 top
    Pumps-Series/Parallel: ?

for rest i use demi water + killcoil

just hope flow rate wont effect temps else i would have to check cpu block or perhaps i damaged my pump.

their was a dirty spot on rotor which i cleaned off.

like brown spot.

like this

pb090032wu1.jpg

btw pic ain't mine i just use it as example.

I'm kindy starting to think if cleaned off something i should have left alone........
    Last edited by zer0kewl; 08-22-2012 at 09:37 AM.

can anyone tell me what this spot is for or am i getting worried for nothing ?

anyway i am assembling rig see what flows i get and if temps went up or down, or i'm gonna become even more stressed.
    Last edited by zer0kewl; 08-22-2012 at 09:48 AM.

Xtreme Member
    Im fairly sure that that brown/gold spot is just a mark made with marker for quality check or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward88 View Post
    Im fairly sure that that brown/gold spot is just a mark made with marker for quality check or something like that.
    oke thank god hope its just jet plate thats sit in properly then i really dont seee point having 3 lpm but if its because pump degradation or something else i be worried.
    whichj why i am assembling now to see if temps went down or up.
    probably down since radiator was fully gunked with dust it was unreal..............

if its not quality check and effect rotor speed then i might be screwed...........

I wish i was't autistic then i would't be so uber worried and obsessed with something it makes me stuborn aka go on till finding solution mode, while remaining ignorant having masive tunel vision.
    Last edited by zer0kewl; 08-22-2012 at 10:08 AM.

I am Xtreme
    Are you sure you didn't turn the top of the Supreme HF 90 degrees? The in and outlet need to be in line with the microchannels of the bottomplate.
    Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | FX 8350 | 2x4GB Trident-X 2600 C10 | 2x ATI HD5870 Crossfire | Enermax Revo 1050watt | OCZ Vertex 3 60GB | Samsung F1 1TB

Watercooling: XSPC Raystorm | EK 5870 Delrin fullcover | TFC X-changer 480 w/ 4x Gentle Typhoon | DDC2+ Delrin top | EK 200mm res | Primochill LRT 3/8 tubing

Case: Murdermodded TJ-07

sub 9 sec. SPi1M 940BE 955BE 965BE 1090T

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Are you sure you didn't turn the top of the Supreme HF 90 degrees? The in and outlet need to be in line with the microchannels of the bottomplate.

Thats a good point did't even known they had be sitting properly......

Guess i re do it properly worth checking out anyway.

How they supose to be pointed ?

or

| | |
    | | |

I am Xtreme
    The orientation of the block itself does not matter for flowrate. It is how you mount the top of the block to the bottom. Like said, the in and outlet have got to be parallel to the microchannels. So if you have the block mounted vertical you need to have the microchannels vertical too.

If you drain the loop and remove the fitting on the inlet of the block you can see how the channels are running with the aid of a flashlight.

Horizontal example:

() () in and outlet

--------
    -------- microchannels
    --------
    --------
    Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | FX 8350 | 2x4GB Trident-X 2600 C10 | 2x ATI HD5870 Crossfire | Enermax Revo 1050watt | OCZ Vertex 3 60GB | Samsung F1 1TB

Watercooling: XSPC Raystorm | EK 5870 Delrin fullcover | TFC X-changer 480 w/ 4x Gentle Typhoon | DDC2+ Delrin top | EK 200mm res | Primochill LRT 3/8 tubing

think their running | | | atm anyhow would explain why flow is so low atm.

anyway draining loop as i speak i really should drop this hobby its to much stress for me.... -,-

Lucky me their people helping me or i do go totaly nuts

Zues was right it was like this

( ) ( )
    | | | |

I am Xtreme
    I think you've found the culprit. Good luck fighting the O-ring back in place.

I think you've found the culprit. Good luck fighting the O-ring back in place.
    it was pasted like glue already i did't move it before did't move it now besides already learned proper way doing it, before i was stuborn kept trying it the wrong way

is it oke to use demi water thats been sitting in bottle for 1 year or should't use it else have wait till morning to leak test lol.......
    Might not have enough unless i use some old botle's

I am Xtreme
    Well, if it's still 100% clear and no signs of algea i wouldn't be afraid to use it. Did you store it out of direct sunlight?

Well, if it's still 100% clear and no signs of algea i wouldn't be afraid to use it. Did you store it out of direct sunlight?
    dark spot ofc closed off.

tough their been legionella in shower next to it, thats only reason i am afraid to use it.

anyway looks like if got least enough for a leak test.

flow is like faster then it was before think i'm pumping 4 lpm now least before was 3,3 lpm
    Last edited by zer0kewl; 08-22-2012 at 11:45 AM.

I am Xtreme
    Great! Legionella won´t get into a fully closed bottle i think.

Great! Legionella won´t get into a fully closed bottle i think.
    just still water but i dont known if that includes bottles that are closed off or sealed.

anyway not gonna risk it.

anyway love my spinbay res ever since i use mid as inlet most left for outlet.

pump is instantly silent after fillup.
    Last edited by zer0kewl; 08-22-2012 at 12:01 PM.

Yep way more flow then ever had before like 5,2 lpm

and my temps dropped by least 5c lol

wonder if i somehow managed to losen up jet plate now lol oh well its leak free for 10 hours

if seen skinee reviews that my block can reach 1.78 gpm with jet plate one

so maybe jet plate is fine and all.

think i leave it be for 6 month then figure out what increased the flow.
    Last edited by zer0kewl; 08-22-2012 at 10:31 PM.