Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FINAL OROM v.11.5.0.1582 available!!! RST 11.5.0.1207 release notes also!

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by authenticamd View Post
    I wish ASUS can do the same thing as BIOSTAR does. My P5Q Deluxe needs a new Intel oROM for SSD....
    You should be able to update that yourself, or if you provide a link to the rom and beg nicely, I might be able to do it later for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Fernando View Post
    This was a roumor or a whispering from an ASUS employee...
    lol
    Asus Rampage IV GENE
    i7 3930k
    8 gigs Mushkin 2133
    HIS 7970
    2x OCZ Vector 256gb raid0
    Crossover 27Q

Xtreme Member
    My experience with asus is that they only update option roms if there is a reason to that affects mass users.

So eg. my board was stuck on its original option rom for well over a year even tho was many updates but then went from 8.x to 10.5 because 10.5 brought compatability for drives larger than 2TB. 11.2 was available for asus to use tho but seems they put the oldest version on possible.

I am very curious why this is labeled as Z77 only as I would expect older raid controllers capable as long as it was in the firmware/drivers/ssd functionality. I hope this isnt a move to sell some Z77 boards.

Also I inserted a 11.2 option rom into the asus p7p55d-e 1601 bios which originally had the 10.5 option rom and I Was previously on 8.9 option rom. I kept my drivers as msachi for my ssd.

My benchmarks actually went down on 4k reads. (everything else stayed same), and my hdd also seems to feel more sluggish. However I did go from 1002 bios to 1601 with the new option rom all in one go, so its entirely possible something else in the 1601 bios affected this.

Also the 8.9 bios previously said on post raid with raid 5, it no longer says that so I dont know if raid5 functionality gets lost on p55 boards with these bios's. So even tho I am using AHCI not raid, I did check the raid bios, it does detect drives so assume ok fine on P55, and performance characteristics have changed on msahci also on ahci mode.

I think I will try 11.5 also now I know it works on P55.

Xtreme Guru
    I cannot get verification direct from Intel, but from the article over at RWL and other user input, it seems to be. Not sure why intel is waffling, might be due to the memory leak issue.
    "Lurking" Since 1977

Jesus Saves, God Backs-Up
    *I come to the news section to ban people, not read complaints.*-[XC]Gomeler
    Don't believe Squish, his hardware does control him!

Love will tear us apart
    A guy at the EVGA forums inserted this rom update into the X58 boards bios but apparently I can not get the same done for my P55 FTW as it uses some kind of "non-standard" AMI implementation apparently. I guess I am SOL?
    Dark Star IV
    i5 3570K | Asrock Z77 Extreme4 | 8GB Samsung 30nm | GTX 670 FTW 4GB + XSPC Razer 680 | 128GB Samsung 830
    Apogee HD White | 140MM UT60/120MM UT45/120MM ST30 | XSPC D5 V2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12