Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FINAL OROM v.11.5.0.1582 available!!! RST 11.5.0.1207 release notes also!

Red face FINAL OROM v.11.5.0.1582 available!!! RST 11.5.0.1207 release notes also!

Hello everyone! Greetings from Brazil - MG! I'm Paulo Henrique.

I have subscribed to this forum and spent one dollar just to inform you there is an updated ROM, version 11.5.0.1582 available!!!

I contacted Biostar requiring an update to the OROM for the motherboard of the server of my gaming center. The mobo is T5XE CFX-SLI, P55 chipset. It was abandoned quite some time ago and left with OROM 9.5.x.xxxx. I asked them to updated BIOS so OROM was brought to the most recent version, and they sent me a new BIOS with the mentioned version.

I sent another email asking if 11.5.0.1582 is the latest stable release and they replied saying soquete 1156 mobos are discontinued and that every update is special and beta only, no support. We'll have to wait until Intel updates their own current mobos so we know which OROM is indeed latest. At least this one I offer is more recent.

Now, I don't know how to extract the OROM from the BIOS file, but I give you the link they provided me with so you can extract yourselves. Whomever manages to do extraction, please provide community with public link so everyone can download! Yes, it's OROM 11.5.0.1582 and proof follows by pictures I took during boot. It even works on P55 (soquete 1156) PCH.

I was shocked, astonished, that I got a positive reply, I mean, I'd never ever expect that they'd update the firmware just for me! OMG! I'm sooooo happy!

Also, there is one thing I noted: they changed recommended strip size for RAID0 arrays. It used to select automatically 128KB, now it chooses per se 16KB. OROM screen below shows 8KB strip, but that's because I used that array with OROM 9.5.x.xxxx before and in my test that's where I achieved maximum performance. I've reformatted the HDD's, now I use 16KB and 16KB NTFS cluster ("unit") size on all partitions.

This is the link:
    http://206.108.48.66/temp/Eric/P55DA726.zip

IMG_0017.JPG

EDIT:

Release notes for RST 11.5.0.1207 drivers have been made available! Here is the link.

Also confirmed from the release notes, OROM 11.5.0.1582 IS THE FINAL OROM FOR 11.5 series!
    Last edited by medeirosdez; 08-03-2012 at 01:03 PM. Reason: Release notes e final version confirmation!

Xtreme Member
    Extracted intel raid option rom file here: (using mmtool)

http://www.canthearu.com/pchraidr.bin

It is in uncompressed format. I have not tested this ... plan to do so a bit later tonight on my Gigabyte P55-UD3.

Edit: hopefully won't break too much :P

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canthearu View Post
    Extracted intel raid option rom file here: (using mmtool)

http://www.canthearu.com/pchraidr.bin

It is in uncompressed format. I have not tested this ... plan to do so a bit later tonight on my Gigabyte P55-UD3.

Edit: hopefully won't break too much :P
    I've run the update .... and it seems ok here. Running 11.5.0.1582!

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by medeirosdez View Post
    I have subscribed to this forum and spent one dollar just to inform you there is an updated ROM, version 11.5.0.1582 available!!!
    Thanks for your info and for sharing this new Intel RAID ROM version.
    Meanwhile I have updated the Intel RAID ROM module of the actual BIOS for my mainboard (ASUS P8Z68-V) and flashed it into the BIOS chip without any problems.
    Thank you for your efforts and congratulation for getting this brandnew ROM file.

Regards
    Fernando

Hello everyone! Greetings from Brazil - MG! I'm Paulo Henrique.

I contacted Biostar requiring an update to the OROM for the motherboard of the server of my gaming center. The mobo is T5XE CFX-SLI, P55 chipset. It was abandoned quite some time ago and left with OROM 9.5.x.xxxx. I asked them to updated BIOS so OROM was brought to the most recent version, and they sent me a new BIOS with the mentioned version.

I sent another email asking if 11.5.0.1582 is the latest stable release and they replied saying soquete 1156 mobos are discontinued and that every update is special and beta only, no support. We'll have to wait until Intel updates their own current mobos so we know which OROM is indeed latest. At least this one I offer is more recent.

Now, I don't know how to extract the OROM from the BIOS file, but I give you the link they provided me with so you can extract yourselves. Whomever manages to do extraction, please provide community with public link so everyone can download! Yes, it's OROM 11.5.0.1582 and proof follows by pictures I took during boot. It even works on P55 (soquete 1156) PCH.

I was shocked, astonished, that I got a positive reply, I mean, I'd never ever expect that they'd update the firmware just for me! OMG! I'm sooooo happy!

Also, there is one thing I noted: they changed recommended strip size for RAID0 arrays. It used to select automatically 128KB, now it chooses per se 16KB. OROM screen below shows 8KB strip, but that's because I used that array with OROM 9.5.x.xxxx before and in my test that's where I achieved maximum performance. I've reformatted the HDD's, now I use 16KB and 16KB NTFS cluster ("unit") size on all partitions.

This is the link:
    http://206.108.48.66/temp/Eric/P55DA726.zip

IMG_0017.JPG
    Gracias desde Uruguay !!!
    Intel Core i9-7980XE@ 4.8GHz 18C/18TH (Direct Die Contact)
    ASRock X299 OC Formula
    ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D80 (4x8GB) DDR4-3800C17 B-Die
    1x Intel Optane SSD 905P 480GB
    4x HP EX950 NVMe 2TB on ASRock ULTRA M.2 CARD
    EVGA RTX 2080TI KINGPIN 2190/8000 Stock Cooling AIO 240
    SilverStone ST1500W-TI TITANIUM
    Alphacool Custom Water Cooling

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Well, not trying to spoil this for u guys waiting for TRIM, but I just read this :

Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS

2) There is no trim support for RAID arrays at all at the moment. This will not change until next year i am told - on Windows 8.

Quote Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post
    Yes, no RAID support for TRIM at present. And from what my source told me won't be here til next year at the earliest.
    All quoted from the ASUS Z77 Official Support Thread...

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Wait. You have to pay to join the forums now?

Xtreme XIP
    Quote Originally Posted by WangChung View Post
    Wait. You have to pay to join the forums now?
    Yes , Its been like that for over a Year now : http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...ration-is-open

How do I thank someone here? I want to thank you for providing the download link!

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by felix_w View Post
    Well, not trying to spoil this for u guys waiting for TRIM, but I just read this :
    All quoted from the ASUS Z77 Official Support Thread...
    This was a roumor or a whispering from an ASUS employee, but I have proved it and can now confirm:
    Trim/Unmap is working inside an SSD RAID array, if the user has an Intel Z77 system with the newest Intel ROM/drivers combination of the RST(e) v11.5 series.
    >Here< I have published my test results and the related screenshots.

@ all:
    Where is the "Thankyou" button? I cannot find it. Am I blind?

Yeah, I can't seem to find it either.

Xtreme Member
    Yeah, I can't seem to find it either.
    Maybe we have do donate 5 Dollars to say thankyou.

No no, that's not necessary. I'm glad to help!

I would "thankyou" here if I could find the way to, but I can't. Now I don't know whether you were ironic or not when you said you couldn't find the "thankyou" button. I, at least, was not, as I don't really find it.

I saw your thanks at the beginning of this thread. I hadn't noticed it was from you. Really, I'm sorry.

No no, that's not necessary. I'm glad to help!

I would "thankyou" here if I could find the way to, but I can't. Now I don't know whether you were ironic or not when you said you couldn't find the "thankyou" button. I, at least, was not, as I don't really find it.

I saw your thanks at the beginning of this thread. I hadn't noticed it was from you. Really, I'm sorry.
    right here

u press Thanks and there u go
    ASRock X299 OC Formula

Ahm... it does not show the "Thanks" button here. I would thank canthearu for first providing community with direct download link for the ROM he extracted, but there is no such option!

No thanks button.PNG

Xtreme Member
    Ahm... it does not show the "Thanks" button here. I would thank canthearu for first providing community with direct download link for the ROM he extracted, but there is no such option!
    I don't see any "Thanks" button either. I wanted to thank medeirosdez for sharing the BIOS file.

Release notes for RST 11.5.0.1207 have been made available at last! Here is the link.

Xtreme Member
    The interesting bit...

4159986 - TRIM causing decreased performance w/ SandForce SSDs, others in pass-thru, RAID and SRT. Windows 8 - 64
    'Best Bang For The Buck' Build - CM Storm Sniper - CM V8 GTS HSF
    2500K @ 4.5GHz 24/7 - Asus P8Z68-V Pro Gen3 - GSkill 2x4GB DDR3-2400 C10
    Sapphire Vapor-X 7770 OC Edition - PC Power & Cooling Silencer MkIII 600W
    Boot: 2x 64GB SuperSSpeed S301 SLC Raid 0 Work: Intel 520 120GB
    Storage: Crucial M500 1TB - Ocz Vertex 4 128GB - 4x 50GB Ocz Vertex 2
    HDDs: 2 x 1TB WD RE4 Raid0 - Ext.Backup: 2 x 1.5TB WD Blacks Raid 1

Quote Originally Posted by Zaxx View Post
    The interesting bit...
    That's in the "fixed issues" session, isn't it? Now, you may have noticed Intel has removed 11.5.0.1207 RST drivers from their download center. People are guessing it's because of the high memory consumption issue of the process IAStorDataMgrSvc.exe.

I just flashed with new RAID ROM 11.5.0.1582 and using latest RST 11.5.0.1207 and i seem to get very low performance compared to RAID ROM 11.5.0.1414
    ASRock X299 OC Formula

Quote Originally Posted by andressergio View Post
    I just flashed with new RAID ROM 11.5.0.1582 and using latest RST 11.5.0.1207 and i seem to get very low performance compared to RAID ROM 11.5.0.1414
    Are you on Windows 8? Release Preview or the leaked RTM? I seem to have no performance issue with my RAID0, although I'm not using SSD's on the computer which has ...1582 OROM.

Are you on Windows 8? Release Preview or the leaked RTM? I seem to have no performance issue with my RAID0, although I'm not using SSD's on the computer which has ...1582 OROM.
    u reminded me i should update my sig im using W7x64 SP1, but my first ASSD using this RAID ROM are very ugly...i was getting 1249 and now 1040 like with old RAID ROMS...will wait till tomorrow lets see if TRIM works...
    Last edited by andressergio; 08-03-2012 at 03:54 PM.
    ASRock X299 OC Formula

Xtreme Member
    That's in the "fixed issues" session, isn't it? Now, you may have noticed Intel has removed 11.5.0.1207 RST drivers from their download center. People are guessing it's because of the high memory consumption issue of the process IAStorDataMgrSvc.exe.
    Yeah...found it interesting but disappointed it wasn't an improvement for W7 (cuz I run mostly SF drives). I'm not gonna bother with the orom/driver update because I have zero intention of switching to W8 unless they make metro optional...even if it means no raid trim. I tried updating to one of the 11.5 beta builds and got BSODd during boot with iastor.sys named the culprit so I rolled back to 11.2 for now.
    'Best Bang For The Buck' Build - CM Storm Sniper - CM V8 GTS HSF
    2500K @ 4.5GHz 24/7 - Asus P8Z68-V Pro Gen3 - GSkill 2x4GB DDR3-2400 C10
    Sapphire Vapor-X 7770 OC Edition - PC Power & Cooling Silencer MkIII 600W
    Boot: 2x 64GB SuperSSpeed S301 SLC Raid 0 Work: Intel 520 120GB
    Storage: Crucial M500 1TB - Ocz Vertex 4 128GB - 4x 50GB Ocz Vertex 2
    HDDs: 2 x 1TB WD RE4 Raid0 - Ext.Backup: 2 x 1.5TB WD Blacks Raid 1

I wish ASUS can do the same thing as BIOSTAR does. My P5Q Deluxe needs a new Intel oROM for SSD....

Well, Intel is like this with their boards: they update their firmware very often and there is a great chance you will get latest code if your board is actively supported at a given time. However, they can barely read your emails requiring support, they are like robots. If you ask them for something like a BIOS update, they're likely to reply offering download link to their latest official BIOS, as they really can barely read.

Biostar, on the other hand, does not care about getting latest code even to their currently supported boards. Their support, however, has proven to be very good as they compiled an updated BIOS for me by a simple email request.

Concerning Asus, I hear they are bringing OROM 11.5.0.1582 to their current line of boards, but they too don't usually update code in BIOS releases. You'd have to email them requiring update for your specific board to know what their support is like. Of course I hope you share your results with us!

Good luck! (And don't risk yourself with modded BIOS, you may regret that someday and it'll then be too late, I speak by experience of my own)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast