Thread: Marksman CPU pot- impressed!!

Wanna look under my kilt?

Marksman CPU pot- impressed!!

This pot has flown kinda under the radar for a while. It's been available for ~7 months, but outside of the home forum of its creator, not many people appear to know about it.

I asked for a play with one coz I wanted to see what all the fuss was about. I've seen them at two UK bench meets, but couldn't try it out at the time. Plus, i'm lazy as hell- my good CPU pot is mounted to Ivy and my 2nd pot, although it can handle it, is a little overwhelmed by a 3930K at good MHz.

Anyway.... video speaks louder than words. Here the pot spanking Vantage CPU tests with a 3930K at 5588MHz.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6dHpaAN-wY

I added one small pour in-between tests, the rest is the pot coasting by itself!!! (Watch the thermometer.) No tricks, I swear.
    Quote Originally Posted by T_M View Post
    Not sure i totally follow anything you said, but regardless of that you helped me come up with a very good idea....
    Quote Originally Posted by soundood View Post
    you sigged that?

why?
    ______

Sometimes, it's not your time. Sometimes, you have to make it your time. Sometimes, it can ONLY be your time.

Xtreme Memory Hoarder
    interesting, how do you like it in comparison to the Gemini or say the Inflection pot?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hondacity View Post
    gskillllin it!

I've never used the Gemini and after the little time i've spent with the Inflection Point, I couldn't handle how fast it is. I overpoured almost every time.
    Not sure i totally follow anything you said, but regardless of that you helped me come up with a very good idea....
    you sigged that?

why?
    ______

Sometimes, it's not your time. Sometimes, you have to make it your time. Sometimes, it can ONLY be your time.

I am Xtreme
    whats the loading or mass compared to inflection pot?

Pic stolen from El Gappo on OCN

5Lb 13Oz
    you sigged that?

why?
    ______

I am Xtreme
    reaction to loading like wprime, that was my intended question.

Never wPrimed the CPU under cold I'm only using it for Vantage and 3D11 (soon 3D06 too)
    you sigged that?

why?
    ______

Xtreme Member
    Glad you like it Kenny at least you have a good chip to give it a spanking ha ha

Looking good to me sir Not tried mine yet, but will do soon

Xtreme Member
    Glad your having fun with it K.

I put a couple of albums of the pot together here and a better one here featuring our marvelous male model scooter.jay
    My pot is bigger than your pot

WHAU!!!!

I am Xtreme
    Kenny

do you think its alittle to big? insulation sucks for the new socket.

Hmmmmmm. Well, it doesn't entirely suit my insulation method, but there are so many approaches to insulation that there'll be something out there that works without problems For stable temps and reduced LN2 use, i'd be ok to accept a few "inconveniences" here and there.
    you sigged that?

why?
    ______

I am Xtreme
    so its a little bigger diameter,.. so maybe get a slightly larger diameter of armaflex tube.. maybe im missing how insulating will be vastly different than a gemini/inflection pt.

Depending on insulation technique, the mounting rods will go through the full height of the neoprene. Making 4 straight and equally spaced holes through a length of neoprene is a challenge, the neoprene is more likely to crack under cold and pushing neoprene down over a length of rod means there's a chance it will tear through the side.

Mostly cosmetic, but still annoying as hell
    you sigged that?

why?
    ______

It's an interesting pot, on one hand I like the width of the pot as it will be harder to miss the opening, on the other hand it looks like it will bring up complications with insulation. Which is a bigger issue for me than most would think, I don't like to hang around with insulating, 10 minutes or it's taken too long already.

insulating doesnt take that long. vaseling or eraser around socket and piece of arma, paper and pot. BENCH!!

Great pot