Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: [Gallery] Show us your Liquid Cooled SFF Build!

Xtreme Member

[Gallery] Show us your Liquid Cooled SFF Build!

SFF builds is on the rise, and now days you'll be able to build some highend PC's with SFF. Therefore more and more LC'd builds are showing up and it would be a blast if we could have this place to exchange our experience and solutions so eventual problems.

I would like to see your watercooled SFF build! This would be the place for you to post your work in progress, your finished build or just a place to get inspired.

Some rules to keep this thread tidy and nice.
    • Maximum of 4 pictures/post
    • Maximum resolution 1000x1000px
    • 1 post/build/page, this is not your worklog, we don't want your build spammed all over this place. But please update us with your major progress from time to time.
    • No doubleposts! Edit your posts and use multiquote!
    • Do not quote images!
      Please respect these simple but important rules!

(If you got some thoughts about the rules, please PM me.)

I'll start by showing you this picture of my project Echo, and I'm not going to hotlink to my buildlog now, I don't want you to think that I start this thread to promote my build.

Here's the picture, now post yours!

Project Echo | Fractal-Design Array Rev2 | i5 750 | DFI LANPARTY MI P55-T36 | 2x2GB A-Data | Fractal SFF 300w MDPC-X sleeved orange and black | HD5870 | Kingston V-Series 64GB SSD | 2TB HDD | EK Supreme HF | EK-DCP 4.0 | EK Multioption 250 RES | EK-CoolStream-RAD XT 240 | EK-CoolStream-RAD XT 120 | EK-PSC Fitting 12mm - G1/4 Black | 5870 fullcover block |
    Theory | By Hannes ~ A Lian Li sculpture | Lian Li PC-8NB | AMD Phenom II x6 1090T BE | Asus Crosshair IV Formula | Cooler Master V8 | 2x Laing D5 + Bitspower TOP + MOD-kit | Bitspower 250 + 150 RES | EK-CoolStream-RAD XT 240 | 19mm 1/4G Bitspower Shiny Silver + Matte black Fittings, rotaries, fillports, plugs etc etc. | MDPC-X Color -X, Black and White Sleeve.

Sponsors: Lian Li, ASUS, Bitspower, Cooler Master, EkWaterblocks, Misco.se, Fractal-Design, PCB Distribution AB, Coolingstuff.se, Enermax.

Xtreme Member
    sound like a nub here but SFF???
    CPU:Q6600 @ 3.6Ghz (4.05GHz for bench)
    CASE: Corsair Obsidian 800D
    RAM:4GB OCZ SLi RAM @ 800 Mhz 5-4-4-15
    MOBO:EVGA 780i SLi MB
    GPU:Sapphire 5870
    PSU:Corsair HX850
    RAM COOLING: Dominator Airflow RAM Cooler
    HDD1:WD raptor 150 Gb 10,000 RPM
    HDD2:Samsung 500GB 7,200 RPM
    Monitor:LG 24" Flatron W2452T
    RAD:Thermochill Pa120.3
    CPU BLOCK:Swiftech GTZ
    PUMP:Laing DDC 12V 18w Pump With XSPC Top
    RES: EK 150 Res

Xtreme Member
    http://www.google.com/search?q=SFF

Google is your friend

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Welshman666 View Post
    sound like a nub here but SFF???
    Small Form Factor what i recall.
    | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i7 3770K | 16GB G.Skill Sniper | Asus GeForce GTX Titan | 500GB Samsung 840 | Asus Xonar Essence STX | AOC G2460P 144Hz

Here is my second build

More in gallery

Xtreme Member
    Love it screamer! You use two different pumps in those pictures, don't you? The first, the EK one, is it the 4.0? Do you have any plans on doing some more modding to the case, like you've done on your Lian Li?

SFF = Smal Form Factor, probably ITX or like Screamers build, just smal. ^^, It depends on what it means for you and I'm not that picky. The smaller the more awesome I think it is. And if it's full of LC components then it's even better.

Project Echo | Fractal-Design Array Rev2 | i5 750 | DFI LANPARTY MI P55-T36 | 2x2GB A-Data | Fractal SFF 300w MDPC-X sleeved orange and black | HD5870 | Kingston V-Series 64GB SSD | 2TB HDD | EK Supreme HF | EK-DCP 4.0 | EK Multioption 250 RES | EK-CoolStream-RAD XT 240 | EK-CoolStream-RAD XT 120 | EK-PSC Fitting 12mm - G1/4 Black | 5870 fullcover block |
    Theory | By Hannes ~ A Lian Li sculpture | Lian Li PC-8NB | AMD Phenom II x6 1090T BE | Asus Crosshair IV Formula | Cooler Master V8 | 2x Laing D5 + Bitspower TOP + MOD-kit | Bitspower 250 + 150 RES | EK-CoolStream-RAD XT 240 | 19mm 1/4G Bitspower Shiny Silver + Matte black Fittings, rotaries, fillports, plugs etc etc. | MDPC-X Color -X, Black and White Sleeve.

Sponsors: Lian Li, ASUS, Bitspower, Cooler Master, EkWaterblocks, Misco.se, Fractal-Design, PCB Distribution AB, Coolingstuff.se, Enermax.

Yes, first pump was EK, now is Laing. I plan to add a better graphic card and change the color

Xtreme Member
    Nice rig Screamer! This thread is a great idea iHannes. I'll make a post a little later with a few of my builds...
    Last edited by craigbru; 06-25-2010 at 03:17 PM.
    Project: OSIDIAS - CNC by Romaxx
    Losias Technologies & SFF Modding Forums

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowHunter
    dude, stop trying to create Skynet. at this point, the scale goes - metric tons of awesome < epic < overkill < you

Xtreme Guru
    Nice screamer, always been a fan of ur loops...

Another thing I find funny is AMD/Intel would snipe any of our Moms on a grocery run if it meant good quarterly results, and you are forever whining about what feser did?

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by craigbru View Post
    Nice rig Screamer! This thread is a great idea iHannes. I'll make a post a little later with a few of my builds...
    Might as well lock the topic afterwards because very little is going to measure up to those.
    Circles SucQ!

If your annoyed by sigs telling you to put things in your sig, then put this in your sig

Bribery won't work on me...just say NO to AT!!!

Xtreme Member
    My little addition to this thread. Thinking of redoing it with one of the ITX lian li cases featured in cebit...

more imgs here...

Alittle about this rig,
    Only shuttle casing retained. Everything else has been replaced.
    Zotec 630i itx board
    HEC 350w mini atx psu
    CPU/Mobo wced priority for quietness.
    WC loop using integrated drive block, 80mm black ice rad, mc res, mcw30
    Last edited by Nashaz; 06-25-2010 at 08:58 PM.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Screamer View Post
    Yes, first pump was EK, now is Laing. I plan to add a better graphic card and change the color
    Alright, seeing forward for it.

Quote Originally Posted by craigbru View Post
    Thank you, I'm seeing forward for your builds!

Quote Originally Posted by Waterlogged View Post
    Might as well lock the topic afterwards because very little is going to measure up to those.
    I'm not sure when this became a competition? But yes, Craigbru's build are awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Nashaz View Post
    My little addition to this thread. Thinking of redoing it with one of the ITX lian li cases featured in cebit...
    http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o...tleExotic1.jpg
    http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o...tleExotic8.jpg
    http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o...leExotic10.jpg
    http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o...tleExotic5.jpg

more imgs here...

Alittle about this rig,
    Only shuttle casing retained. Everything else has been replaced.
    Zotec 630i itx board
    HEC 350w mini atx psu
    CPU/Mobo wced priority for quietness.
    WC loop using integrated drive block, 80mm black ice rad, mc res, mcw30
    Awesome dude! Did the hardware fit without modding?

Great job on all the builds posted so far. My guess is we'll see in general, a nice level of expertise with water cooled SFF builds - it certainly takes some skill to get everything in the small case!

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iHannes View Post
    Awesome dude! Did the hardware fit without modding?
    Thanks m8!... Actually there were tonnes of mods to it over the course of 2+ years. The only thing that did fit w/o any mod was the mobo.
    But if you are interested in the full log, its here, though rather lengthy...
    Last edited by Nashaz; 06-26-2010 at 06:07 AM.

Xtreme Guru
    rmorse27: since when antec 1200 is Small Form Factor case?

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nashaz View Post
    Thanks m8!... Actually there were tonnes of mods to it over the course of 2+ years. The only thing that did fit w/o any mod was the mobo.
    But if you are interested in the full log, its here, though rather lengthy...
    I'll check it out! really interesting build. Love how clean it is.

Since some of you have posted your rigs I guess I post some more shots. I haven't a case yet, so it's only the MB that's SFF so far. But next week I'll receive the Fractal Design Array.

Buildlog, tho I haven't really started the building yet, Project Echo.

I want more pictures! Not only of finished builds but also shots of how and what you cool with LC. I've heard sharing is caring.

I am Xtreme
    I'm not sure when this became a competition? But yes, Craigbru's build are awesome!
    Oh, it's not. . .I know that. It's just that after he posts his stuff, all the other rigs will hardly be noticed.

Nice choice on the MoBo, got one coming myself.

With any luck I'll have a few rigs to post in here. . .eventually.
    Circles SucQ!

If your annoyed by sigs telling you to put things in your sig, then put this in your sig

Xtreme Member
    Oh, it's not. . .I know that. It's just that after he posts his stuff, all the other rigs will hardly be noticed.

Nice choice on the MoBo, got one coming myself.

With any luck I'll have a few rigs to post in here. . .eventually.
    It's nice to look at. Haven't been able to test it yet. :P

You'll have to post it! ..Eventually!

Xtreme Member
    Since this thread is kind of dead I'm attempting to revive it through breaking most, if not all the rules I've set for this thread. SFF IS on the rise, and many of you should atleast have been attempting to LC your little beasts. Here's some sugar for you to post your own rigs! And Waterlogged, I'm still waiting your stuff!

Edit: Thread is alive and well, no need for me breaking my own rules.
    Last edited by iHannes; 07-18-2010 at 12:35 AM.

I am Xtreme
    Snip. . .And Waterlogged, I'm still waiting your stuff!
    I do apologize iHannes. After flip flopping on the actually case for over a week, I sort of forgot about this topic. I have finally settled on the case (for now anyways) and should have something posted in the coming weeks as my project time is very limited ATM.
    Circles SucQ!

I am Xtreme
    Should be able to add my PC-V352 to this thread in the next few weeks if all goes well.

Chasing After Diety
    Quote Originally Posted by shazza View Post
    it certainly takes some skill to get everything in the small case!
    you have no idea how much harder it is to wc a sff.

I stopped doing this a while back, because i stopped using SFF's.

But the term think out of the box literally applies in some work jobs.

Anyhow i stopped using SFF's for water, because i realized, when i go SFF, its not a 24/7 machine.

And a pump is not the best eq to put inside a computer with a lot of on and off cycles per day.
    Nadeshiko: i7 990 12GB DDR3 eVGA Classified *In Testing... Jealous? *
    Miyuki: W3580 6GB DDR3 P6T-Dlx
    Lind: Dual Gainestown 3.07
    Sammy: Dual Yonah Sossoman cheerleader. *Sammy-> Lind.*

[12:37] skinnee: quit helping me procrastinate block reviews, you asshat. :p
    [12:38] Naekuh: i love watching u get the firing squad on XS
    Its my fault.. and no im not sorry about it either.

Xtreme Member
    This thread makes me wanna build a SFF and put my parts from the full tower into it . Nice pc's. It's really impressive putting that stuff in such a small case.
    Specs:
    HW: Lian Li PC-A71F | i7 920 | P6T Deluxe | HD5870 | 6GB OCZ Platinum 2000mhz | AX850W | Asus Xonar D2X 7.1 | Intel X25-M 80GB SSD | WD 2TB Caviar Green
    WC: EK-FC5870 | EK Supreme HF | Swiftech MCP655 with EK top | ThermoChill PA120.2 | ThermoChill PA120.3 | EK Multioption 250
    Other: Scythe Gentle Typhoon fans | Aqua Computer Aquaero | Bitspower Comp. Fittings

Xtreme Member
    I do apologize iHannes. After flip flopping on the actually case for over a week, I sort of forgot about this topic. I have finally settled on the case (for now anyways) and should have something posted in the coming weeks as my project time is very limited ATM.
    Ah, man! You have time to monitor the whole LC forum but not time to build your PC! Now thats just excuses! Seeing forward to it tho!

Quote Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
    Should be able to add my PC-V352 to this thread in the next few weeks if all goes well.
    Awesome, seeing forward to your build bro!

Quote Originally Posted by NaeKuh View Post
    you have no idea how much harder it is to wc a sff.

I stopped doing this a while back, because i stopped using SFF's.

But the term think out of the box literally applies in some work jobs.

Anyhow i stopped using SFF's for water, because i realized, when i go SFF, its not a 24/7 machine.

And a pump is not the best eq to put inside a computer with a lot of on and off cycles per day.
    It's not worth it if your not doing it for the challange, thats for sure! But if you pull it off you'll get so much for it!

Quote Originally Posted by Elpy View Post
    This thread makes me wanna build a SFF and put my parts from the full tower into it . Nice pc's. It's really impressive putting that stuff in such a small case.
    If you're up for the challange then I say GOGOGOGO!

Xtreme Addict
    Go go Gadget Gaming PC!
    \Project\ Triple Surround Fury
    Case:
    Mountain Mods Ascension (modded)
    CPU: i7 920 @ 4GHz + EK Supreme HF (plate #1)
    GPU: GTX 670 3-Way SLI + XSPC Razor GTX670 water blocks
    Mobo: ASUS Rampage III Extreme + EK FB R3E water block
    RAM: 3x 2GB Mushkin Enhanced Ridgeback DDR3 @ 6-8-6-24 1T
    SSD: Crucial M4 256GB, 0309 firmware
    PSU: 2x Corsair HX1000s on separate circuits
    LCD: 3x ASUS VW266H 26" Nvidia Surround @ 6030 x 1200
    Games: AoE II: HD, BF4, MKKE, MW2 via FourDeltaOne (Domination all day!)

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast