Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: lowfat's Big Lian Li

Xtreme Addict
    Awww man, after all that work? Last update was three months ago ....

How much is left to do?

Bencher/Gamer(1) 4930K - Asus R4E - 2x R9 290x - G.skill Pi 2200c7 or Team 2400LV 4x4GB - EK Supreme HF - SR1-420 - Qnix 2560x1440
    Netbox AMD 5600K - Gigabyte mitx - Aten DVI/USB/120Hz KVM
    PB 1xTitan=16453(3D11), 1xGTX680=13343(3D11), 1x GTX580=8733(3D11)38000(3D06) 1x7970=12059(3D11)40000(vantage)395k(AM3) Folding for team 24

AUSTRALIAN DRAG RACING http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFsbfEIy3Yw

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by aussie-revhead View Post
    Awww man, after all that work? Last update was three months ago ....

How much is left to do?

I will finish it. Just not likely until spring. There still is a lot of work that needs to get done. Actually it is all the hard stuff. I am not even close to being happy w/ the cable management. Then I have to get the shrouds for the PSU, below the motherboard, behind the motherboard, and 5.25" bay sides designed and fabricated. Then I have to get the side and top windows cut in the case. Then lastly powdercoated.

I am Xtreme
    Pulled it out of the closet last night. Decided to ditch my bench and move my X79 rig in to this.

Going to be using the top radiator after all. Going way overkill on the rads this time. The 3x140mm up front, the 2x140mm up top, and a 4x140mm that hangs behind my desk.

Did a quick move job on the 24-pin.

Going to need some repairs and definitely going to need lengths adjusted. Have to wait for reservoir though. Which is coming from China so that will be like a month. :p

Backside. Can't reeally work on cleaning up the cables until I get the reservoir, board, and PSU in here.

Hopefully I can find some nice black countersunk m4 screws as this looks kinda goofy.

Thinking about throwing this 3 drive cage down here to fill up some of the space. Even though I haven't used SATA in my main machine for a long while. Also depends on where I am going to put the pump. Haven't figured that out yet.

Hopefully I can recycle some of these. The GPU cables are meant to be used w/ the double stack GTX680 power connector. Their lengths will pretty much only fit them. But who knows what the GTX780s will have. :p

I am Xtreme
    Cleaned off all the stickers from the power supply.

Definitely looks better naked. Having the PSU facing up makes cable management significantly easier for this build.

Sleeved the rear fan.

Straightened out the 24-pin a bit. Quite a bit of slack that needs to be taken care off.

Spent all day working on the 24-pin. Cleaned it up significantly, only a few more wires need to get done. Hopefully work will be dead again tomorrow so I can finish.

one word comes to mind inspiring,
    cable sleeving looks awesome not
    to mention the whole rig, great work m8
    and very nice pics

I am Xtreme
    Not exactly for this build but I sleeved the fans for my server today. Will likely just continue posting pics for it in this thread.

Got the new CPU block in today. Looks 11ty times better in person than the stock photos EK released for it. The frosted actually looks pretty good.

BUT it doesn't match my setup. So......

Got some replacement keycaps for a Steelseries 7G that I had sitting in the closet for the past 2 years. I ended up warping the original keycaps when I tried to wash them. Water was too hot :whistle:. Unfortunately the 7G uses some non-standard keys so I had to use three of the stock ones :angry2:.

I am Xtreme
    Threw the X79 in the Lian Li last night. Aircooled FTL. Those cable clamps will be staying until after I get the case complete. They really help w/ getting cable lengths correct.

Purolator lady was very generous to me this morning.

64GB of ECC. The plan is to do a 50GB ram drive over a network.

2 NIC + IPMI

ZOMG.

Quote Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
    Threw the X79 in the Lian Li last night. Aircooled FTL. Those cable clamps will be staying until after I get the case complete. They really help w/ getting cable lengths correct.
    I really like those cable clamps. What kind are they? I would love to use something like that on my current build.
    Of all the things I've lost in life, I miss my mind the most.

System:

CM 690 II Advanced case v.3 // ASUS Sabertooth Z77 Motherboard // Intel 15-3570K CPU // 32GB (4x8GB) DDR3, 1600 Kingston Hyper X Black memory // 2GB EVGA GTX 660Ti video card // ASUS BW-14D1XT 14X Internal Blu-Ray Burner - BDXL Format // Corsair AX750 PSU // Corsair AX750 individually sleeved cable set // 2x Samsung 840 128GB SSD // 2x Western Digital Caviar Black 1Tb 7200 RPM SATA drive // 24" Samsung HDTV Monitor

Watercooling Loop:

XSPC Raystorm CPU waterblock // XSPC Razor GTX670 GPU waterblock // XSPC Razor GTX670 back plate // XSPC memory heat sinks // XSPC Dual 5.25" Dual Bay Reservoir // Swiftech MCP655 Water Pump w/ Speed Control // Bitspower Ultimate 3/8 x 5/8 Compression Fittings // 2x XSPC RS240 Dual 120mm Low Profile Radiator Rev 2. // 1x 120MM BitFenix Spectre Red LED fan // 5x 120mm Scythe Gentle Typhoon Fan[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Xtreme Member
    Going to be using the top radiator after all. Going way overkill on the rads this time. The 3x140mm up front, the 2x140mm up top, and a 4x140mm that hangs behind my desk.
    Better to flip those fans to blow out. I know you may think sucking cool air into the case is better, but youre fighting thermal physics here.

Hopefully I can find some nice black countersunk m4 screws as this looks kinda goofy.
    www.fastenal.com http://www.fastenal.com/web/products...20Sockets%22|~

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Grifter723 View Post
    I really like those cable clamps. What kind are they? I would love to use something like that on my current build.
    PPCS sells them. I honestly can't remember who makes them. Akasa maybe? Buy more than you need as they break easy. Especially the 4-wire ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Furball Zen View Post
    Better to flip those fans to blow out. I know you may think sucking cool air into the case is better, but youre fighting thermal physics here.

www.fastenal.com http://www.fastenal.com/web/products...20Sockets%22|~
    Hmm. The 'local' store shows stock. Will have to check them out.
    Last edited by lowfat; 06-01-2013 at 06:47 AM.

I am Xtreme
    I worked on my server bench over the last few days when I could. First I drilled some holes to mount some Lian Li drive cages.

I spray bombed the bench and drive cages w/ some cheap paint I had laying around from work. The arcylic was in awful shape so even cheap paint looks better. Pretty much have the whole loop plumbed although the radiator isn't shown in these pics.

My fill port.

Where the pump and reservoir are mounted. Using a DDC-1T for this as I really don't need a high powered pump.

Word to the wise, don't use an abrasive cleaner on acrylic. Not sure what I was thinking. Thankfully it doesn't look that bad with coolant in it. I may order a new one.

The power button. I've had this bench for 3 years and it will be the first time I've had one. I've always used a screw driver to power on the boards.

At first was just going to do 9 drives + SSD. But I have this cage so I think I'll add it. 14 drives should be enough for a while.

O and the Infiniband cables that will be connecting these two machines. 40Gbps.

Last edited by lowfat; 06-02-2013 at 12:40 PM.

I am Xtreme
    Ended up having to go w/ a different board and CPU due to incompatibilities.

Was thinking about doing this color scheme but ended up sticking w/ the shade 19 + black

The G34 board and 6128 came in.

And just a few more pics of the CPU block and the reservoir that I cleaned up for the Lian Li.

PI in the face
    loving the pics
    Quote Originally Posted by L0ud View Post
    So many opinions and so few screenshots

I am Xtreme
    How the bench sits currently.

Pic of the reservoir after I frosted it up a bit. Doesn't look near as good as the Koolance one I posted earlier.

Will have to clean up a few wires here.

A few more pics of the CPU block. I stole some of the black hardware from the Supreme HF. Hopefully I'll still be able to mount it on the board w/ the non-stock hardware. Then a pic to compare the old vs the new.

Administrator
    I think I just died and went to heaven !!

Nice work man !!

Xtreme Addict
    Just beautiful !!!

Infiniband cables that will be connecting these two machines. 40Gbps
    I got lost somewhere here, two machines? Both in the same build?

Bencher/Gamer(1) 4930K - Asus R4E - 2x R9 290x - G.skill Pi 2200c7 or Team 2400LV 4x4GB - EK Supreme HF - SR1-420 - Qnix 2560x1440
    Netbox AMD 5600K - Gigabyte mitx - Aten DVI/USB/120Hz KVM
    PB 1xTitan=16453(3D11), 1xGTX680=13343(3D11), 1x GTX580=8733(3D11)38000(3D06) 1x7970=12059(3D11)40000(vantage)395k(AM3) Folding for team 24

AUSTRALIAN DRAG RACING http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFsbfEIy3Yw

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by aussie-revhead View Post
    Just beautiful !!!

I got lost somewhere here, two machines? Both in the same build?

Yes. The project split in to actually three machines due to incompatibility or other reasons. The 'Big Lian Li' is now a 3930k + X79 gaming rig. The Technofront bench is my home server and the 2P Z9DE-P8 will be its own dedicated folding@home machine.

I am Xtreme
    A few pics of the coolant I have mixed up. The shade is almost exactly the same as the grand bleu sleeving.

And a few more pics of the bench WIP

I am Xtreme
    Before:

After:

Kind of getting late to take great pics so I'll just post a few.

And the reservoir mounted to the rad.

I am Xtreme
    Bunch of pics

I am Xtreme
    Got the other card polished and blocks mounted so a bunch of pics.

I am Xtreme
    Started to throw the loop together over the weekend.

Wanted to do 140mm fans up front but as you can see I can't reach the fan connectors afterward so I'll be sticking w/ the GTs.

Replaced the Magicool + GTs up top w/ an HWLabs SR1 280 + medium speed Yates. Nothing beats an SR1 for aesthetics. I also did my first tube of the new setup. Might try to straighten it out a bit more but I think it looks ok.

The pump mounted.

A few shots of the 24-pin. Excuse the dust.

and a few randoms

I am Xtreme
    A few more WIP pics.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    What do you use all this equipment for lowfat? Is this home stuff or work stuff? Was really surprised to see some 40gb cables..

BTW your cabling is ing beautiful and pretty much made me decide to redo mine. And you can find any screw you need at fastenal. I love that place.

AWESOME RIG mate congrats !!!
    Intel Core i9-7980XE@ 4.8GHz 18C/18TH (Direct Die Contact)
    ASRock X299 OC Formula
    ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D80 (4x8GB) DDR4-3800C17 B-Die
    1x Intel Optane SSD 905P 480GB
    4x HP EX950 NVMe 2TB on ASRock ULTRA M.2 CARD
    EVGA RTX 2080TI KINGPIN 2190/8000 Stock Cooling AIO 240
    SilverStone ST1500W-TI TITANIUM
    Alphacool Custom Water Cooling

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast