Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Thread: lowfat's Big Lian Li

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by felix_w View Post
    I suspect that the performance of the modded may be weirdly lower (not sure though), the fan walls are amid the fan-blade width. What about adding a small 120mm tube ring on top of the adapter to cover them up ?
    They seem to perform great. I haven't found any noticeable decrease in air flow when comparing it to a stock fan.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    So it's a win-win case then. They perform the same and they look cooler than stock...

Xtreme XIP

Thumbs up

Amazing craftsmanship and beautiful built , so much attention to every little detail. I like the way is going and keep up that nice work of yours

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by felix_w View Post
    So it's a win-win case then. They perform the same and they look cooler than stock...
    Not idea about exact performance loss though. Good enough for me though. My radiators are rather overkill for this small loop anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by chispy View Post
    Amazing craftsmanship and beautiful built , so much attention to every little detail. I like the way is going and keep up that nice work of yours
    Thanks man.

I tried (and failed) Infiniband before. So now I am going to finally just go w/ 10Gb Ethernet. It is a much more plug and play standard so it should be much easier this time around. One connection will go to my FreeNAS box and the other will go to my Windows server.

I do think I am finally ready for the powder coaters. Next day off I will try to take it there to get done.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    looking forward to see the powder coating result!!!

I am Xtreme
    Didn't make it to the powder coaters yet. Monday or Tuesday....

Slightly modified the SR1 to have curved fan mounts versus the straight. The reason why this was done will be shown soon. First we give them a good prime coat.

Fins were painted gloss black. The rest of the radiator will be painted matte black.

Felt like doing a bit of polishing while watching some TV this evening. So I took out the D5 for this build.

I am Xtreme
    I finished off the rest of the pump (again) today. I sanded and polished the lip of the pump body. I painted the backside delrin piece of the pump matte black so it was a more even colour. Was also able to remove the paint off the impeller w/ some mineral spirits.

I am Xtreme
    Had to reinstall the pump and radiator this morning to get a few more measurements.

Decided I didn't like the Koolance reservoir that I had previously. So I stole the glass XSPC Photon from my upcoming Black Pearl build.

Wow Lowfat, your build is beautiful! You gave me a lot of inspiration and I will definitely steal some of your ideas for my Ncase M1 build.
    PC: Case: Zalman Z-Machine GT-1000 Black Brushed Alu - Screen: HP W2408H - Mobo: DFI Lanparty DK P45-T2RS PLUS - CPU: Intel C2Q Q9550 - Ram: Corsair Dominator 8GB PC2-8500 - GPU: MSI 460GTX OC 'Cyclone' - Sound: Asus Xonar D2X + Onkyo HT-S5105 5.1 set
    Cooling Thermolab Baram + 2x tacens Ventus ice - Storage: OCZ Vertex 60GB, WD Caviar Black 1TB, WD Green 3TB - PSU: Corsair HX520 - Peripherals: Duck Orion TKL (MX Clears) + Roccat Kova mouse

I am Xtreme
    Got some good/bad news. As you can see the pics the case is obviously powder coated. The bad news is the 'high temp' filler I used wasn't high temp enough it seems. Everything I patched was in vain, as it all melted. So you can see all the screw holes. It doesn't look terrible but not near what I imagined in my head. However this is my first major case mod so I am still learning. Next time I'll know better.

A few teasers.

A few pics w/ the false floor, radiator, pump, reservoir, and PSU in place.

Took my rig down to transfer hardware to the Lian Li. Typing updates from my HTPC is frustrating so updates will be short until the rig is operational.

Had to fix the reset switch.

Here are a few progress pics. No Lightroom on HTPC so they are unedited.

Xtreme Addict
    SHINY !!!!!!

You wont be using those oversized res angle brackets will you ???, wayyyyyyy too BIG
    lots and lots of cores and lots and lots of tuners,HTPC's boards,cases,HDD's,vga's,DDR1&2&3 etc etc all powered by Corsair PSU's

Looking good as always...

Xtreme Member
    Excited about the finish and detail in your work!

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by alpha0ne View Post
    SHINY !!!!!!

You wont be using those oversized res angle brackets will you ???, wayyyyyyy too BIG
    Yup I will be.

Honestly they haven't even bothered me. I probably could have cut them down a bit but didn't even think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltire View Post
    Looking good as always...
    Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by HWaddict View Post
    Excited about the finish and detail in your work!
    Thanks. It might even happen this year!

Well I had planned on having the acrylic all done this week but unfortunately I killed my videocard. Going to be buying an Asus GTX980 Strix to replace it. But now I will need to wait for a block to be released. In the meantime I will try to finish up all the sleeving.

I am Xtreme
    Finished off the 24-pin this morning.

Coolant that I may possible end up using for this build.

I am Xtreme
    Haven't done anything w/ the case for a few days as work and headlight modding has got in the way. But the sun and clouds cooperated for some better pictures. Still unedited. Life without a desktop kind of sucks.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678