Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tons of new stuff from Aqua Computer

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I guess it makes sense with most using a single pump for systems with so many blocks. I guess I am too used to seeing people in here with dual pumps for single loops lol.

Hi Shoggy,

I just purchased:

Aquacomputer Aqualis Base for Pump Adaptor with Nano Coating
    Aquacomputer D5 Pump Mechnics with USB and Aquabus Interface
    Aquacomputer Pump Adaptor for D5 Pumps, Compatible with Aqualis - G1/4

While I wait for them to arrive, I have a couple of questions:

1. I have three poweradjusts for fan management. My Aquabus goes from A5->PA1->PA2->PA3. I was thinking of connecting the Aquabus from PA3->APump. Should work ok right?
    2. To get the temp off the pump, do I need to run a separate cable or is that info passed to A5 via aquabus? Same for the tach?
    3. I would like to mount the res to the side of my case but I have a 25mm fan about half way up. Do you know what the res clearance measurement is (from the edge of the res tube to the outside edge of the bracket. I hope it's more than 25mm!
    4. How do you fill the res?
    5. I looked for a D5 pump adapter with mps but could not find one sold in the US. MPS is not critical for me, more of a nice to have. Do you know when they will become available in the US?

BTW: Turns out my MCP 655 PWM was bad. The rpm signal was not working. I gave up on the pwm pump idea and decided to go with your pump. As long as I can get 1gpm and it's quiet, I will be happy. I'm going to get that right?

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Jeppesen View Post
    Hi Shoggy,

I just purchased:

Aquacomputer Aqualis Base for Pump Adaptor with Nano Coating
    Aquacomputer D5 Pump Mechnics with USB and Aquabus Interface
    Aquacomputer Pump Adaptor for D5 Pumps, Compatible with Aqualis - G1/4

While I wait for them to arrive, I have a couple of questions:

1. I have three poweradjusts for fan management. My Aquabus goes from A5->PA1->PA2->PA3. I was thinking of connecting the Aquabus from PA3->APump. Should work ok right?
    2. To get the temp off the pump, do I need to run a separate cable or is that info passed to A5 via aquabus? Same for the tach?
    3. I would like to mount the res to the side of my case but I have a 25mm fan about half way up. Do you know what the res clearance measurement is (from the edge of the res tube to the outside edge of the bracket. I hope it's more than 25mm!
    4. How do you fill the res?
    5. I looked for a D5 pump adapter with mps but could not find one sold in the US. MPS is not critical for me, more of a nice to have. Do you know when they will become available in the US?

BTW: Turns out my MCP 655 PWM was bad. The rpm signal was not working. I gave up on the pwm pump idea and decided to go with your pump. As long as I can get 1gpm and it's quiet, I will be happy. I'm going to get that right?
    1. Aquabus is a bus system so as long as each component is set with its own address then they can be just strung together so yes it will work fine.
    2. The USB pump includes a temp sensor input but it is not built in. It has a 2 pin header to connect a sensor, and all the signals are sent via Aquabus.
    3. Not sure about clearance sorry
    4. To fill the res you either just take the lid off or connect the top port to an external fill port.

I mounted the AquaComputer res this weekend. It looks incredible. I bought the res and the D5 adapter because I needed the "in" and the "out" on the same side of the pump top. What I didn't consider was how much better the Aquacomputer Res looks in my case! Wow, what a difference a larger nano glass res makes. Great Job!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Jeppesen View Post
    I mounted the AquaComputer res this weekend. It looks incredible. I bought the res and the D5 adapter because I needed the "in" and the "out" on the same side of the pump top. What I didn't consider was how much better the Aquacomputer Res looks in my case! Wow, what a difference a larger nano glass res makes. Great Job!
    Yeah I really like the effect when I tried mine. They are fat though so not every case will fit them

Poweradjust 2 and Aquasuite

Shoggy,

I have 3 poweradjust 2's all connected via aquabus. My A5 does not see them. I hooked each one up via USB individually and I was able to adjust them via aquasuite. But when I remove the USB cable, I'm not able to make changes in the software.

How do I make changes to the PowerAdjust 2's via aquabus in either the A5 or Aquasuite?

Question #2:

I'm getting .8gpm with the Aqualis/USB D5. When I installed the plug on top of the pump top, I noticed that the plug blocks about 35% of the Out chamber. I'm wondering if that is reducing my flow rate. I was thinking of replacing the plug with one that is not so deep. Thoughts?

-Randy

Visitor
    The Poweradjust 2 is only fully configurable through USB. Through the Aquabus they only show up as fans connected to the Aquaero (each needs to be assigned a unique ID number through USB first).

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Shoggy, I'm thinking about buying an Aqualis, but where can I get the LEDs for the base?
    Enermax Liberty 620 Modular
    Liquid Stacker
    8GB G.Skill PC2 8800 5-5-5-15 @ 400MHZ (PC6400 Speed)
    DFI LP LT X48-T2R
    Liquid Cooling:
    Thermochill PA 120.3 W/ Panaflo L1BXs/L1As
    D5 andFuzion V2, DD MCP Universal
    8800GTS G92
    Intel Q9450 @3200MHZ @ 1.18v (Wont OC any higher despite voltage increases)

Aqua Computer Rep
    The LEDs are normal 5mm LEDs. You should get them easily anywhere where you can buy electronic parts. We also offer these LEDs as single parts or complete kit with resistor, cable and 4-pin Molex plug.
    Got a question or having a problem with your Aqua Computer product?
    Contact us via PM or E-Mail.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Do you have a link to the kit? I guess I could build something myself but it might not be as clean.
    Enermax Liberty 620 Modular
    Liquid Stacker
    8GB G.Skill PC2 8800 5-5-5-15 @ 400MHZ (PC6400 Speed)
    DFI LP LT X48-T2R
    Liquid Cooling:
    Thermochill PA 120.3 W/ Panaflo L1BXs/L1As
    D5 andFuzion V2, DD MCP Universal
    8800GTS G92
    Intel Q9450 @3200MHZ @ 1.18v (Wont OC any higher despite voltage increases)

Aqua Computer Rep
    Got a question or having a problem with your Aqua Computer product?
    Contact us via PM or E-Mail.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123