Thread: Custom made mounts

Xtreme X.I.P.

Custom made mounts

I want to use a pair of heatkiller 3.0 CU's on my G34 folding setup, however there are no G34 kits available for that water block. I did talk to a guy who made some technical drawings of the bracket, any idea who I should ask to make these and roughly how much it will cost?
    --->TeamPURE<---

Xtreme Cruncher
    You need to find a local machine shop. If the bracket isn't complicated, it should not cost too much.
    Fold for XS!
    You know you want to

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Here's the drawing btw The thickness is not ideal, should be 1.45mm.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    --->TeamPURE<---

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Can you not mod the AMD to fit the socket or are the long holes spaced further apart than the 939 holes on the AMD bracket?

If you decided to make your own, you could also angle the "corners" going from the CPU block to the mounting hole instead of the 90° corner reactangle that the bracket is now. If you care about looks there's a lot of room to experiment with different designs here.

Xtreme Mentor
    If you are in the Stated, hit up Bei Fei, he may be able to make them.
    CPUID http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=554982
    New DO Stepping http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=555012
    4.8Ghz - http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=794165

Desk Build
    FX8120 @ 4.6Ghz 24/7 / Asus Crosshair V /HD7970/ 8Gb (4x2Gb) Gskill 2133Mhz / Intel 320 160Gb OS Drive, WD 256GB Game Storage

W/C System
    (CPU) Swiftech HD (GPU) EK HD7970 with backplate (RAM) MIPS Ram block (Rad/Pump) 3 x Thermochill 120.3 triple rads and Dual MCP355's with Heatkiller dual top and Cyberdruid Prism res / B*P/Koolance Compression Fittings and Quick Disconnects.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    The 939 holes are 3.5" apart, the g34 ones 4.1".

I've been thinking about cutting the corners, that's an easy job, too This is just a first attempt.
    --->TeamPURE<---

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by Utnorris View Post
    If you are in the Stated, hit up Bei Fei, he may be able to make them.
    I live in Norway myself, but i have friends in the US, so that should be no issue, I'll send him a PM. Thanks!
    --->TeamPURE<---

Xtreme Member
    order 2 pieces of metal from states? why not from moon or mars??? move to nearest HW store, buy appropriate piece of metal. 20 min with hacksaw, 5 min to drill holes and 20 min to filing...

Xtreme X.I.P.
    I'm a student, and I live in just one room (15m^2). I can't just go out and buy a huge set of tools (I will when I get out of here, trust me). Plus, this needs to be fairly accurate - so I'm bound to it up :p

I have a feeling doing this in the US and have them first class mail'ed over here is cheaper than having someone here do the job, actually.

I do need more than 2 pieces, i'd like to water cool at least 2 G34 rigs, one dual and one quad socket, and 2 plates pr CPU means I need about 12.
    --->TeamPURE<---

Xtreme Mentor
    There has to be a machine shop somewhere with a CNC laser, if your in university that's probably in a city. You made the drawing so have them take a look and see what it will cost. They have access to materials, maybe laying on the shelf as scrap, so materials would be free. Get a letter from a professor, or maybe you can say you crunch for Cancer, possibly someone at the shop has a family member with Cancer, maybe someone will want to WC thier PC, you can build it etc.

Shipping and possible taxes can really cost a lot.
    All stock for now, no need for more, but it's gonna be soon methinks.
    Giga Xtreme 58 mobo i7 965 ES D0 step Corsair 1600 6 gig
    SLI GTX470 EVGA
    EK HF nickle blue top CPU block (free from Eddie)
    Koolance 470 waterblocks
    One big loop, two 120x3 rads. Pa 120.3 and XSPC RX 120x3. Swiftech 35x pump with V2 restop. GT AP15 fans.
    Banchetto Tech Station
    120 GB SSD, and a few other drives.
    1000W UltraX3 PSU, 900 watt (1500VA UPS
    23.999" Acer GD235hz and 24" Acer H243H

Xtreme X.I.P.
    I'll check Uni, too. if I'm lucky the guys I think have the equipment to do this ended their holiday tonight
    --->TeamPURE<---