Mindchill vs Krow: All-in-One Liquid Chiller!

Sponsored by:

http://www.arqtik.com/

Mindchill and I have been working together for a while to bring you awesome cooling solutions for you computers. We figured we wanted to design an All-In-One Chiller, but we just couldn't seem to come up with anything cheap enough, with enough power; until now. This thread will host the "Head-to-Head TEC Liquid Chiller" and contain all costs, specifications, cooler benchmarks, build logs, and whatever else is needed.

In the end, testing will be performed to compare the analytics of this contest to determine the winner. Criteria such as:

1. Performance
  2. Noise
  3. Power Used

The processor being tested will be the Intel Core i5 2500K (4.5GHz). The overclock isn't too demanding to ensure that we're both able to reach it (as we're going to be testing in two different locations), but whoever scores the lowest temperatures will win the performance category. We may go for a higher overclock to load the chillers but we won't be comparing results of overclocks if one cannot obtain the overclock. To cancel out differences in ambient temperatures, we're going be comparing deltas instead of actual chiller temperatures. But all the information will be contained in the posts for your own reference.

Rules:
  1. Must be All-In-One:
    • Contain Inlet/Outlet to and from CPU
    • Must contain all the necessary cooling equipment (Heat Exchangers, Pumps, Power Supply, etc...) and only require a waterblock on the CPU.
  2. Must be able to handle the load of an overclocked Intel Core i5 2500K
  3. Must be under $500 to build.
  4. Must be built with parts from retailers or wholesalers to ensure continuing production if a winner is chosen.

A special point system has been created to fairly gauge the winner, and will be unbiased.

When all is said and done, a poll will be taken to see which one you would personally prefer, but it will have no sway on the winner.

We hope you enjoy the show, and will hopefully be done in a few weeks at the most. May the best man win!