Thread: i7-3770K cooler

Xtreme Member

i7-3770K cooler

I'm looking for suggestions for a cooler for a i7-3770K processor. I plan on some moderate overclocking. I like the reviews of the Noctua NH-D14, but I am concerned about it's size and the ability to switch out ram (after the Noctua is installed) if necessary. Suggestions?

Xtreme Member
    This information is taken from DarkMantis review located here:
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...-Living-Review

"The tower itself stands 160mm off the top of the processor so that is one of the critical dimensions to check. The other main one is the clearance over the memory slots. If the fan is fitted you will find that this measurement is 89.5mm out from the centreline of the CPU socket."

"Any modules of 44mm height or less will fit without any problem."

This is of course to do with the Noctua
    Last edited by Kessian; 07-23-2012 at 12:28 AM.
    i7-3770k / Maximus V Extreme / G.Skill Trident X 2400 2x4gb 10-12-12-31-2N / 2x Sapphire 7970 Dual X OC / 4x Samsung 830 128GB / Corsair HX1000

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kessian View Post
    This information is taken from DarkMantis review located here:
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...-Living-Review

"The tower itself stands 160mm off the top of the processor so that is one of the critical dimensions to check. The other main one is the clearance over the memory slots. If the fan is fitted you will find that this measurement is 89.5mm out from the centreline of the CPU socket."

"Any modules of 44mm height or less will fit without any problem."

This is of course to do with the Noctua
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Salamander 2 View Post
    I'm looking for suggestions for a cooler for a i7-3770K processor. I plan on some moderate overclocking. I like the reviews of the Noctua NH-D14, but I am concerned about it's size and the ability to switch out ram (after the Noctua is installed) if necessary. Suggestions?
    get the h80 or h100

they are great for the price/[erformance and will beat d14 easy and won't take up as much space