Thread: From WCG support : Scheduler request failed: HTTP file not found

I am Xtreme

Exclamation From WCG support : Scheduler request failed: HTTP file not found

From WCG support forum

Scheduler request failed: HTTP file not found
    Your BOINC client will now start seeing this message as we transition from having our schedulers located at https://grid.worldcommunitygrid.org/boinc/wcg_cgi/fcgi to having them located at https://scheduler.worldcommunitygrid...c/wcg_cgi/fcgi

Unfortunately, there is no way to do this 'gracefully'. Instead your client will attempt 10-15 times to connect to the old scheduler before contacting the main website page in order to find out the current location of the scheduler. Once that happens, it will resume communicating properly. This will all happen automatically if left alone.

If you wish to complete this process faster on your machine, then please go to the 'Advanced View' of the software, then go to the 'Projects' tab, Select 'World Community Grid' and click on the 'Update' button. If you do this repeatedly (10-15 times) it will eventually fetch the new location.

If you are more technically inclined, then you can stop the BOINC client, edit the client_state.xml and find the line that says:

<scheduler_url>https://grid.worldcommunitygrid.org/boinc/wcg_cgi/fcgi</scheduler_url>

and replace it with

<scheduler_url>https://scheduler.worldcommunitygrid.org/boinc/wcg_cgi/fcgi</scheduler_url>

Save the file and then start your the BOINC client again. You should now be able to connect successfully.
    "
    Cruncher #1: Asus Z68 pro | i7-3770K @ 4.6 | 16GB Ram |Gigabyte Windforce GTX580@930
    Cruncher #2: Asus B75 i7-3770K @ 3.6 | 4GB Ram - new
    Cruncher #3: Acer i3 laptop - just on and of.

Nanoseconds from Permaban
    Hit the update button about 30x and it'll trigger the master file download

Good luck on the bigger farms.

Xtreme crazy bastid
    It'll sort itself out on it's own if you just ignore it. I suspect the big farm guys use something like BOINCTasks to manage their farms so the whole plot can update at once if need be.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Both of my rigs have already been updated automatically.
    Asus Maximus VIII Ranger Z170 : Core i5-6600K : EVGA RTX2080 XC : 16Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3200 : 256Gb Crucial MX500 : Corsair H100i : PCP&C 750w 60A : CM Cosmos S : Windows 10 x64
    Asus Z8NA-D6 : Dual Xeon E5645 : 24Gb DDR3-1333 ECC : MSI GTX470 : 120Gb Samsung EVO 840 : 1TB HDD : PCP&C 750w 60A : CM Stacker : DD MC-TDX, EK-FC470, RX240+RX120, D5 X-Top, BayRes : VMware ESXi 6.7.0 - VM's - WCG crunchers x 5 (Ubuntu 18.04 LTS), Mint 19, Windows 10 Insider Preview
    Sophos XG 17.5.3 running on GA-Z97-Wifi : Core i3 : 8Gb DDR3-1600 : 120Gb SSD : Corsair H80
    BenQ GW2765, Aten 4-port KVM, Asustor AS5002 4Tb NAS, Belkin 1500va UPS, Sky Fibre Max 80/20Mbps

Xtreme Addict
    I was wondering what happened to my farm... That explains it! (Thanks Karl)

and 1396 results just waiting to be returned - talk about a huge dump!
    Current: AMD Threadripper 1950X @ 4.2GHz / EK Supremacy/ 360 EK Rad, EK-DBAY D5 PWM, 32GB G.Skill 3000MHz DDR4, AMD Vega 64 Wave, Samsung nVME SSDs
    Prior Build: Core i7 7700K @ 4.9GHz / Apogee XT/120.2 Magicool rad, 16GB G.Skill 3000MHz DDR4, AMD Saphire rx580 8GB, Samsung 850 Pro SSD

Intel 4.5GHz LinX Stable Club

Crunch with us, the XS WCG team

I found this link:
    https://secure.worldcommunitygrid.or...d_thread,33481

Looks like it was intentional.

Having a problem with downloads/uploads today.

They like taking those servers offline first thing in the morning. Can't upload ATM.

My office PC is jammed up trying to download. Been trying to download files most of today. Occasionally it'll get a piece of a file through but that's it. My queue is starting to run a little thin (this PC always has a very short queue for some reason, no matter what I tell it to do).
    The Cardboard Master
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

I am also getting "servers may be down" for the last couple of hours......
    Asus Maximus VIII Ranger Z170 : Core i5-6600K : EVGA RTX2080 XC : 16Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3200 : 256Gb Crucial MX500 : Corsair H100i : PCP&C 750w 60A : CM Cosmos S : Windows 10 x64
    Asus Z8NA-D6 : Dual Xeon E5645 : 24Gb DDR3-1333 ECC : MSI GTX470 : 120Gb Samsung EVO 840 : 1TB HDD : PCP&C 750w 60A : CM Stacker : DD MC-TDX, EK-FC470, RX240+RX120, D5 X-Top, BayRes : VMware ESXi 6.7.0 - VM's - WCG crunchers x 5 (Ubuntu 18.04 LTS), Mint 19, Windows 10 Insider Preview
    Sophos XG 17.5.3 running on GA-Z97-Wifi : Core i3 : 8Gb DDR3-1600 : 120Gb SSD : Corsair H80
    BenQ GW2765, Aten 4-port KVM, Asustor AS5002 4Tb NAS, Belkin 1500va UPS, Sky Fibre Max 80/20Mbps

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by karl.martin View Post
    If you are more technically inclined, then you can stop the BOINC client, edit the client_state.xml and find the line that says:

<scheduler_url>https://grid.worldcommunitygrid.org/boinc/wcg_cgi/fcgi</scheduler_url>

and replace it with

<scheduler_url>https://scheduler.worldcommunitygrid.org/boinc/wcg_cgi/fcgi</scheduler_url>

Save the file and then start your the BOINC client again. You should now be able to connect successfully.
    "
    Worked for me - thanks karl.martin!

I keep getting the following message on and off for the past couple of days

Untitled.jpg

Xtreme Cruncher
    same here - cant upload any files but i can download them

My Free-DC Stats
    You use IRC and Crunch in Xs WCG team? Join #xs.wcg @ Quakenet

I've edited the file and clicked on update more than 20 times but I still can't get it working.

It eventually says master file download succeeded but the scheduler request still fails.

Linux those diseases
    From World Community Grid Tech

We experienced an outage that caused the website to be unavaible for about 30 minutes. The website and the forums are now back up. We are working towards getting the backend processes (which include BOINC uploads and downloads) up and running. There is not an ETA on this yet. We will let you know as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience,

--------------------------------
    It is going to take a while. During some testing of the SAN performance, a small portion of the GPFS file system was corrupted. We are taking the time to create a current copy of the filesystem now before we attempt any sort of repair activity.
    Unfortunately when you are moving nearly a TB of data around it takes a lot of time.

Ah! Thank you.

Linux those diseases
    Update

We are estimating at this point that with backups and restores and related work to recover it is going to take us 12-18 hours before we will be able to resume operations. We will advise and update as we go

didn't even notice my pc was almost out of work, well it will get new work when the servers are up

Linux those diseases
    Update:

We have completed the backup of the filesystem and have rebuilt it. We are now in the process of copying the data back onto the filesystem.

However, because the filesystem was corrupted when we copied data off, we are in the process of validating files in different ways. We already have our work underway to ensure that no corrupted files are returned to the researchers and these scans against the files are running now. We are now working on validating the workunit input files. This is being done in order to minimize the disruptions in workunit distribution when we resume sending/receiving work. The boinc client will verify the download file and application binaries against signatures and hashes that were computed before the file system issue occurred. As a result, they will be rejected if we miss a few corrupt files. However, we are running scans now to ensure that will only be a very small number of files and not 1000's.

Linux those diseases
    We have completed the restore back to the filesystems.

We have done a scan of the job input files and we are seeing about 0.2% of input files corrupted. We are going to cancel the impact jobs and reload those jobs. This may cause some aborts on jobs in progress.

Also - for results that are in progress and due less than 24 hours from now, we are moving the report deadline to 24 hours from now. This will minimize issues with jobs that have missed their deadline. You will not see this on the client - but only in the website.

Files that have already been uploaded will be examined as they pass through normal validation.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Uploads are active again but the "reporting tasks" is still returing "project down for maintenance". The message is misleading as the project is not down but this is the message we get when it is too busy. Due to the heavy weight nature of "reporting tasks" the servers are likely swamped but I think we just need to be patient a little longer

And report completed tasks are being processed again !!!
    Last edited by Snow Crash; 08-31-2012 at 03:55 PM.

so this is why i'm running out of tasks?

thought i had ed something up

I like large posteriors and I cannot prevaricate