Thread: Stereo - Display Mode = nView Clone mode, possible on geForce cards not just Quadro?

Xtreme Addict

Stereo - Display Mode = nView Clone mode, possible on geForce cards not just Quadro?

I was wondering if anyone with a working 3d setup of any sort could look into there cpl and looky see if the nView clone mode value is present?
    Please look at this link to see what I'm talking about:
    http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answe...s-in-windows-7.

I'm planning on making my own 3d display.
    I may or may not go ahead with it, right now I'm not sure.
    If can pull off this mode on a geforce card I'm for it.
    If I have to buy a quadro, I might doit, but right now there is no quadro on newegg at the min that is any better then what I got.

I'de have to wait for the 680 card quadro ver's, whatever name those are gonna go by.
    Which should be out soon, but the cost would be extremely high, way to high...
    in which case... instead I would buy the 680 and hard mod it, but I doubt anyone knows how right now.

Plan is to use 2x projectors in passive polarized mode.
    2 lens for the projectors, and a pair of polarized glasses for each person.
    Each projector will run at 1920x1080x32@60hz (full sbs, not half sbs like lg cinema 3d tv's...), I might end up running them 70hz, most likely, if they can...
    (60hz on this type of config is equ to using 120hz on a mon in 3d mode, 60hz per eye, or ruffly 30fps per eye)

SBS mode is fine, for movies.
    And youtube, etc.
    That's half of the 3d support, and no 3dwhatever software needed for that one.
    But gaming is diffrent, I need 3dvision/3dvision pro or 3dtv play support working on a dual pipe passive config.
    With dual pipe, I mean 2x modified hdmi (dvi mode, no sense in keeping the audio protocals in it).
    I could do 2x vga instead, hdmi would be the way to go though.
    Last edited by NEOAethyr; 07-19-2012 at 06:59 AM.