Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 512131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: ASUS Maximus V Forumla/Extreme Official Support Thread

Xtreme Enthusiast
    For those who have problem running MemTweakIt (minimized to taskbar after launching)
    Here is the solution,

Quote Originally Posted by bdr33733 View Post
    it turns out to be windows font related problem

right click on the desktop select personalize
    to the left column click on display
    you can either keep the default 100% display size or change to the larger 150% display size , under any of these display sizes the stubid MemTeake-it program will work just fine

for some reason (that i don't know) that weird program window starts minimized to the taskbar with no way to get it maximized only if you are using the Medium 125% display size , whenever you change the display size to 100% or 150% the memtweakit window start in normal maximized window

i'm glad that i found out a way to fix that bug so i thought to put in here for anyone who may get similar problem
    I hope Asus would release a new version of MemTweakIt which will run properly on display size 125% and 150%
    SUCCESSFUL TRADE LIST RM600k+

^^ Malaysia's Overclocking Enthusiast Community Website ^^
    Find us at Facebook HERE

XS Successful Trades:
    G.Skill RipjawsZ 2400C9 4X4GB - sold to easegantini | G.Skill RipjawsX 2133C8 2X2GB - bought from Dumo | 2600K 57X - bought from newhit | 3770K 6750 - bought from Viss | 3770K 6750 - sold to Sniper | 3770K IMC 2800+ - bought from Dumo | G.Skill Pi 2200C7 - bought from websmile | 3770K IMC 2933+ - bought from Viss | DomGT 2kC7 3X2GB - sold to _AntLionBR_ | G.Skill Pi 2133C8 - bought from websmile | DomP 2800C11 - bought from Alex-Ro | Pi 2000C7 - bought from websmile | GTX4 + KVR 1333C9 - bought from TaPaKaH

Greetings Folks,

I had a Maximus V up and running great for a month. Then it went bad where I had crazy Q-Codes popping up and the system not posting.

Well I RMA'ed the board. The replacement wont boot either

The difference is that it always stops at Q-Code "4F"

Anyway, its a helpless feeling. Have switched out all of the ram, took the gtx680 out, unplugged all of the USB.

Should I try to order some more Bios chips and see if that helps? (read somewhere that replacing the bios chip fixed 4F for someone"

thanks in advance

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Hey guys I have a stupid issue hopefully you can help me with. Im running GSkill here

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231589

I installed my watercooling today and so far so good EXCEPT now I cant use the first 2 DIMMs, only the last 2, or else I get a Code 55. Any ideas what happened or what I can do to fix this?

intel i7 3770k 4.40GHz
    ASUS Maximus V Extreme
    EVGA GTX 680 FTW
    16GB GSKill 2400MHz
    (1) OCZ Vertex 3 60GB SSD
    (1) Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD
    (1) 1.5 TB WD Caviar Green SATA
    Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional
    Corsair 700D
    Corsair AX850
    Water Cooled (EK blocks on CPU and GPU, TA 120.4, DDC-1+ with XSPC ResTop)

XIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Trice View Post
    Hey guys I have a stupid issue hopefully you can help me with. Im running GSkill here

I installed my watercooling today and so far so good EXCEPT now I cant use the first 2 DIMMs, only the last 2, or else I get a Code 55. Any ideas what happened or what I can do to fix this?
    Reseat the cpu and check with hsf mounting then try to boot up with a single stick of ram.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I can do a single stick, just not in the 1st 2 DIMMs.

intel i7 3770k 4.40GHz
    ASUS Maximus V Extreme
    EVGA GTX 680 FTW
    16GB GSKill 2400MHz
    Corsair 700D
    Corsair AX850

Xtreme Memory Hoarder

this, my team mate and I faced the same issue and it ended up being the backplate/rods putting a weird outward strain on the motherboard, thus causing said 55 issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hondacity View Post
    gskillllin it!

XIP
    I can do a single stick, just not in the 1st 2 DIMMs.
    It happened to my 3570K but with last 2 dimm slots (on any board) always "55". Imc controller is half dead.

Can you confirm it with another cpu?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    No second CPU

I'm going to see if there are any bent pins on the MB.

As far as pressure from the backplate did you just loosen it up a little and all was good?

intel i7 3770k 4.40GHz
    ASUS Maximus V Extreme
    EVGA GTX 680 FTW
    16GB GSKill 2400MHz
    Corsair 700D
    Corsair AX850

Xtreme Enthusiast
    No second CPU

I'm going to see if there are any bent pins on the MB.

As far as pressure from the backplate did you just loosen it up a little and all was good?

intel i7 3770k 4.40GHz
    ASUS Maximus V Extreme
    EVGA GTX 680 FTW
    16GB GSKill 2400MHz
    Corsair 700D
    Corsair AX850

Iam having data corruption happen on me 2x on a M5G with a simple 4.2k on 3770k iam kinda new to this offset overclocking so iam wondering if it has something to do with the idle 1.6ghz voltage being too low 0.850v. System seams stable i have no idea what else could be causing this.
    Maximus V Gene
    I7 3770k
    Samsung 8 GB MV-3V4G3D/US
    XFX 850W BlackEdition
    Intel X25-m 80GB
    Asus 7970Ghz Edition

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by usoldier View Post
    Iam having data corruption happen on me 2x on a M5G with a simple 4.2k on 3770k iam kinda new to this offset overclocking so iam wondering if it has something to do with the idle 1.6ghz voltage being too low 0.850v. System seams stable i have no idea what else could be causing this.

Return the system to stock to debug this would be the best advice. Make a backup of the RAID array if you have sensitive data on there as well. See if it occurs at stock speeds, and then you can work on stabilizing the overclock if need be.
    ASUS North America Technical Marketing - If you are based outside North America and require technical assistance or have a query please contact ASUS Support for your region.

Rampage IV Extreme tweaking guide

ASUS Z77 UEFI Tuning Guide for overclocking

Maximus 5 Gene OC Guide

Maximus VI Series UEFI OC Guide

Xtreme Member
    Hello everyone.
    I've got an asus motherboard again. Until now everything has been good by far. But I?ve got a problem with OCKEY, it is not working properly. When I push the key combination in order to make it appear, no?thing tends to happen. I don?t know if it is my keyboard or what.
    Am I the only one?
    i7 2600k / G1. Sniper 2 / 8Gb Sniper 1600 / GTX 580 / 3.4Tb / AX1200 *Mod. / v2120 / Rheobus Extreme *Mod.

HF 14 Livingstone / Thermochill Pa 120.3 / Bitspower Water Tank Z-Multi 250ml / MCP 355 + XSPC Laing DDC Acetal Top / Bitspower Matt Black Fittings Army / NoiseBlocker Blacksilent Fans

Another maximus formula v problem here; When I change overclock settings in the bios they dont seem to apply. I have the cpu ratio on 47 in bios but windows still shows 42 no matter what I do, any ideas? Only thing that seems to apply is the cpu voltage setting.

Xtreme Addict
    You have 1308 1408 bios?Try with 1604 or previous 1308

The board came with 1308 and now i'm using 1608. I'm gonna try 1308 again, is this a known issue?

Xtreme Addict
    It happened to me with those...With the versions before 1308 no problems like that

Ok, i'm at 1309 and so far so good, changes made in the bios also appear in windows. Testing @ 4.4 Ghz at the moment, any higher is locking up my windows even at 1.325 volts

Thanks for the help!

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex-Ro View Post
    It happened to me with those...With the versions before 1308 no problems like that
    +1.

Quote Originally Posted by Matic View Post
    Ok, i'm at 1309 and so far so good, changes made in the bios also appear in windows. Testing @ 4.4 Ghz at the moment, any higher is locking up my windows even at 1.325 volts

Thanks for the help!
    Yeah, BIOS might be a bit knackered, try going back to early early BIOS, and then flashing forward. My Formula board now has iGP stuck on, no way to disable, BIOS options in many instances now change, but do nothing, save, exit, reboot, all goes back to whatever was in BIOS prior to a VGA crash.

Just wait until your board starts dropping SSDs on boot. :p
    Last edited by cadaveca; 01-19-2013 at 10:19 AM.

Ok, getting frustrated, also bios 1309 has the same problem. Bios settings are multi 44 but windows/AIDA64/cpu-z shows 42, only voltage settings are the same as the bios settings.

I am Xtreme
    Ok, getting frustrated, also bios 1309 has the same problem. Bios settings are multi 44 but windows/AIDA64/cpu-z shows 42, only voltage settings are the same as the bios settings.
    Yeah, you got AMD VGA?

Tracking issue now with ASUS about this, unstable AMD card, upon crash, corrupts BIOS, and makes board unusable. I have 4 boards here with this issue, they all have similar, but slightly different version of this same problem.

Something introduced to ROG Z77 BIOSes for Windows8 makes them prone to this issue when AMD driver crashes, other board makers are not as prone, but some boards, like Gigabyte UP7, are very much similar.

So, your board is knackered, flashing BOIS isn't going to fix it, and it's not ASUS's fault, really.

With Catalyst 13.1 driver, this crash no longer results in this BSOD..and boards are now safe.

This is the crash I get now, trying to replicate this problem to document for the OEMs:

for the past several months, I've been blaming ASUS for this, since these new BIOSes have this problem, but perhaps it's AMI's fault, not ASUS, since other OEMs have similar problems right now.

It's a rather weird mix that leads to boards doing this, if you recover from it and get it working, please let me know.

You really need to flash BIOS so that you get that "ROG is Updating" screen to get even close to fixing things I have found.

@ Raja...I hope you are hearing about this issue from internal channels. Any help you con provide on this issue would be great, I am really ed when it comes to reviews since all of my Z77 ROG boards that I use for memory reviews have this problem now. ALL OF THEM. Some way of recovering these boards would be great, and no, there is not just one single symptom here...SSDs dropping, IGP permanently enabled, EIST not working, changes in one part of BIOS changing other parts...it's all corrupted BIOS or Intel MEI from these AMD driver crashes, as far as I can tell.

I have been working on tracking this issue now for 5 months. AMD sucks balls in the driver department, AMI sucks, Windows8 sucks...and motherboards are the casualties. :p

If the user above has AMD videocard...OH MY GOD.
    Last edited by cadaveca; 01-19-2013 at 12:44 PM.

No AMD card, evga 670 ftw. I'm benching 4.5 Ghz right now with bios 0701, seems stable but dont know what this board gonna doin a couple of hours.

Xtreme Addict
    That is very good bios i found,no issues.Stick to it if you do not encounter any problems...

I am Xtreme
    No AMD card, evga 670 ftw. I'm benching 4.5 Ghz right now with bios 0701, seems stable but dont know what this board gonna doin a couple of hours.
    Well that really throws a wrench in my ideas.

My gene does just the same as your does, formula used to do that and EIST was broken, now drops SSDs and iGP forced on, Extreme x2 drops SSDs, and has this multi problem.

Any VGA crashes that hardlock the system though? That's what starts it for me, just got new board, put that VGA in, made it crash, now board is ed.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex-Ro View Post
    That is very good bios i found,no issues.Stick to it if you do not encounter any problems...
    +1...?

BIOSes after august updates seem to be the start of the problem. All I want it a way to recover properly, since I'm left benching a tonne of memory kits in another OEM's board if I want to do a review any time soon. Going back to earlier BIOSes didn't fix it for me, but I also did the MEI update.
    Last edited by cadaveca; 01-19-2013 at 01:03 PM.

Hello guys iam having a wierd issue with my Maximus V Gene , today i changed the Cpu cooler and at reboot it told me CPU fan RPM is too low, ( New fan is realy slow by default) went onto the menu droped the fan warning to 200rpm and rebooted.

Now if i set my turbo Multiplier to 42x its always at default 39x in Windows no matter what please Help.

EDIT : Went back to 1309 bios version fixed my issue i want ot add that I also have a AMD 7970 with Latest Official 13.1 drivers, iam realy scared about this issue tho :/
    Last edited by usoldier; 01-21-2013 at 09:30 AM.
    Maximus V Gene
    I7 3770k
    Samsung 8 GB MV-3V4G3D/US
    XFX 850W BlackEdition
    Intel X25-m 80GB
    Asus 7970Ghz Edition

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by usoldier View Post
    EDIT : Went back to 1309 bios version fixed my issue i want ot add that I also have a AMD 7970 with Latest Official 13.1 drivers, iam realy scared about this issue tho :/
    Meh. What I have run into sucks, but it'll get fixed. Can't have an overclocking board that gets a screwed up BIOS when OC fails. :p

I just have no idea why it happens. I know I can make it happen with crashing my VGA, but what "breaks", I have no idea. The difference in how each board runs into problems and how that has played out for me is pretty weird, too, since even two board the same... similar problem... but not exactly the same.

That can't help figuring out what the deal is, though. I don't envy the guys at ASUS for this one at all, just kinda wish there was an easy answer to fix my issues. Really, for all I know, what I've got is due to other hardware, or OS, and has nothing to do with ASUS at all.

At the same time, ASUS X79 works great, seems bulletproof in comparison, even using the exact same parts that were in the "broken" boards.

Honestly, I was hoping Raja would say "It's this, you dummy! Fix it this way..."

Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 512131415161718 ... LastLast