Thread: FreeRice anyone?

Xtreme Cruncher

FreeRice anyone?

Hey, so idk if anyone is familiar with the game freerice.com, but it's a little something I try to do every once in a while to refresh on some stuff I forget and donate rice to a good cause while I'm at it.

For a little background, free rice originally started as a english vocabulary game that raised money to buy 10 Grains of rice for every question you answered correctly. That rice was then donated to the World Food Organization to use in emergency situations around the world like Cambodia, Uganda, Haiti, etc. They have since expanded it to have French, Spanish, German, Italian, and a number of science, geography, math and cultural subjects as well.

Since it is quite inline with a lot of the motivation behind what we do here, I thought I would share incase anyone else was interested as well. I started an XS team there if anyone wants to join me!

24 hour prime stable? Please, I'm 24/7/365 WCG stable!

So you can do Furmark, Can you Grid???

Xtreme Member
    Joined the team. Helping others and learning some thing at the same time.

Xtreme Member
    Joined.

Hopefully there are harder questions I haven't seen yet, most of them are very simple :\

Edit: Levels discovered >_>
    Last edited by Red Maw; 07-14-2012 at 09:45 PM.

of the Strawhat crew.
    I've been going on Freerice.com off and on for a few years now it seems. I could have swore that I had an account already but oh well. I made an account just now and joined the team. Hopefully I'll get the time to help out a little.

XtremeSystems BF3 Platoon - Any XS member is welcome.

Xtreme Cruncher
    When I first started playing with freerice I saw started a team for WCG ... wish I had made a better choice and set up XS instead
    Anyone know if I can transfer the 87k+ points I already have collected? I'll have to try and get back into it a bit but this time for XS

Let's get to 100 Million PPD!
    Thanks for the link. Some of the groups sounded interesting, so I tried them and ran up a few points. Quickly discovered how little I know about modern lit. and how much about anatomy.

Xtreme Member
    Signed up and joined the team
    Perfect to do while idling behind my pc or during boring classes

Main Rig:
    - i7 2600k + Noctua NH-C14 - GTX 570
    - 16 GB RAM - Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
    - 1x 256GB Corsair Performance Pro SSD
    - 1x 256GB Samsung 830 SSD

Xtreme Cruncher
    werdwerdus ++
    Main: i7-930 @ 2.8GHz HT on; 1x GIGABYTE GTX 660 Ti OC 100% GPUGrid
    2nd: i7-920 @ 2.66GHz HT off; 1x EVGA GTX 650 Ti SSC 100% GPUGrid
    3rd: i7-3770k @ 3.6GHz HT on, 3 threads GPUGrid CPU; 2x GIGABYTE GTX 660 Ti OC 100% GPUGrid
    Part-time: FX-4100 @ 3.6GHz, 2 threads GPUGrid CPU; 1x EVGA GTX 650 100% GPUGrid

Xtreme Cruncher
    Great to have y'all join! Just make sure you're contributing to the team when you play! In the upper bar right above the game it has your user name, totals, friend activity and team. If team doesn't say XS just click on it and when a little window pops up click play on the right most column.

24 hour prime stable? Please, I'm 24/7/365 WCG stable!

So you can do Furmark, Can you Grid???