Thread: Sound Output Issue

Xtreme Addict

Sound Output Issue

My audio setup consists of an Audigy 2ZS outputting analog 4.0 to my Kenwood 1070VR receiver and out to four rather large KLH full range speakers. My setup works and sounds great using MPC and in games, but for some reason when playing music from Pandora or YouTube in Firefox it only outputs 2.0 and only on the front speakers. Whats the deal?

Thanks!

Last edited by RAW-Raptor22; 07-13-2012 at 03:41 PM.
    |-------Conner-------|

RIP JimmyMoonDog

2,147,222 F@H Points - My F@H Statistics:
    http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/...e=Conman%5F530

Xtreme Addict
    Bump, it works in chrome but the sound quality is kind of bad. Is there a way to make it work in firefox?
    Last edited by RAW-Raptor22; 07-13-2012 at 08:18 PM.
    |-------Conner-------|

RIP JimmyMoonDog

Xtreme Addict
    I've noticed in Chrome it plays on 4 speakers but its got really terrible static for some reason. Playing through Firefox is clear but its only on the front channel...

Anyone?
    Last edited by RAW-Raptor22; 07-14-2012 at 03:39 PM.
    |-------Conner-------|

RIP JimmyMoonDog

I am Xtreme
    Most of the time the original source is sent out in 2.0. You have to use some kind of sound spanning or matrix-ing to expand it to the other speakers. It some cases, even in analog mode for the Sub as well. Find your CMSS-3D, enable and set it to either expand (I like better ) or surround.
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman
    With the two approaches to "how" to design a processor WE are the lucky ones as we get to choose what is important to us as individuals.
    For that we should thank BOTH (AMD and Intel) companies!

Posted by duploxxx
    I am sure JF is relaxed and smiling these days with there intended launch schedule. SNB Xeon servers on the other hand....
    Posted by gallag
    there yo go bringing intel into a amd thread again lol, if that was someone droping a dig at amd you would be crying like a girl.
    qft!

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Donnie27 View Post
    Most of the time the original source is sent out in 2.0. You have to use some kind of sound spanning or matrix-ing to expand it to the other speakers. It some cases, even in analog mode for the Sub as well. Find your CMSS-3D, enable and set it to either expand (I like better ) or surround.
    Hey Donnie, thanks for the response, I wasn't sure if you were still on here.

Your old sound card still works great, and I have the CMSS 3D enabled. Reinstalling firefox fixed the sound issue however in chrome there is still static. Whatever, if it works in firefox I am happy. Put any speakers together lately?
    |-------Conner-------|

RIP JimmyMoonDog

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by RAW-Raptor22 View Post
    Hey Donnie, thanks for the response, I wasn't sure if you were still on here.

Your old sound card still works great, and I have the CMSS 3D enabled. Reinstalling firefox fixed the sound issue however in chrome there is still static. Whatever, if it works in firefox I am happy. Put any speakers together lately?
    I just finished up a nice set of 3 way 10s and a 10" Sub. The Mach One like speaker literally is being shook apart as I totally underestimated the power of the those Road Thunder Woofers that are actually single voice coil Woofer/subs. They are rated from 18Hz to 1000Hz, don't make em' like the used to. The Dayton plate AMP died for a second time. Since my old JVC sub sonic filter is about 20Hz, hell I think I'll use it to power the sub. Not tested with any equipment but they are made up of a 400W Cerwin Vega Crossover for their 1980's model 15" 3 way model. I cerwin vega 3/4" soft dowm tweeter, Pioneer 5.25" Miderange and Polk/ESS 10" woofer.

Here's example of the next sub down on the list and not as powerful of as the one I have in that setup. It is strictly a woofer though.
    EB_CL_MTX-7.jpg

They have to be broken down, braced and reassembled.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman
    With the two approaches to "how" to design a processor WE are the lucky ones as we get to choose what is important to us as individuals.
    For that we should thank BOTH (AMD and Intel) companies!

Posted by duploxxx
    I am sure JF is relaxed and smiling these days with there intended launch schedule. SNB Xeon servers on the other hand....
    Posted by gallag
    there yo go bringing intel into a amd thread again lol, if that was someone droping a dig at amd you would be crying like a girl.
    qft!