Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: someone around here will get something that will change his life forever.

Fanboy of Good Products
    Lawd! that's a scary thought
    Cruncher #1: EVGA Z68 FTW | i7-2600k @ 4.5 | 6GB Ram
    Cruncher #2: Supermicro Dual-Socket | 2 x 6-core Opterons | 4GB Ram
    Cruncher #3: 8-core Xserve 1,1

T400 for non-crunching

"But don't think you'll run me over - It's, ah, planting season here in Texas... and the farm is growing..." -Otis11 on crunching WCG

Xtreme crazy bastid
    He may actually have to change batteries mid call.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Cruncher
    I think he has a cord phone, you know he is from before the ice age...
    Incoming new computer after 5 long years

YOU want to FIGHT CANCER OR AIDS join us at WCG and help to have a better FUTURE

Xtreme crazy bastid
    I was referring to the system batteries at the telephone exchange.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nanoseconds from Permaban
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] leviathan18 View Post
    God I hate the coffee most people in US drinks, I can't stand it, and starbucks is elevated for no reason it tastes the same as Mc Donnalds coffee. A creamy black coffee is something everyone should have at least once in their life time.
    You must do the french press, right? I have the Starbucks 35th Anniversary french press, beautiful piece. [The link is my set I uploaded ahwile back]

I can't drink Starbucks drinks too much. I have a local place I go to that makes some great coffees that aren't overloaded with sugar.

Xtreme crazy bastid
    He's talking about Espresso, not french press. It's different again. Espresso is made by forcing heated water through a coffee puck at high pressure but low volume. A "shot" of espresso is only 30mL. (You turn that into an "Americano" by filling the rest of the cup with hot water. A "long black" is a mug of hot water with a shot of espresso on top. It's a subtle difference, but one that matters to the truly obsessed). A French press (still better than generic "brew it till it dies" stuff, don't get me wrong) is really just a pot with a moving strainer that pushes the grounds to the bottom and holds them there. How the coffee is roasted and blended has to match the extraction method to get the best out of each variation, so the grind/blend that makes a french press coffee taste wonderful (and the right one will) won't work as well in an Espresso machine and v/v.
    I have an Espresso machine (my baby!), French press, drip-filter machine and peculator in the house. The only one that gets any use these days is the Espresso machine.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme crazy bastid
    Quote Originally Posted by trans am View Post
    I dont want to sound like a jackass.
    You pretty much achieved that when you recommended the tele-marketer advertised coffee press, poor quality but stylish grinder and pre-digested beans. The style-over-function iNespresso just secured the position.

I expect like every fanboi there will be a ranting challenge about how you know everything about x and it's the best of all n things. Feel free to create a show and welcome to my ignore list..
    Last edited by Movieman; 07-15-2012 at 01:44 PM.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Cruncher
    Da fuq happened here...

Anyway D_A what espresso machine are you using?

YOU want to FIGHT CANCER OR AIDS join us at WCG and help to have a better FUTURE

Xtreme Addict
    Current: AMD Threadripper 1950X @ 4.2GHz / EK Supremacy/ 360 EK Rad, EK-DBAY D5 PWM, 32GB G.Skill 3000MHz DDR4, AMD Vega 64 Wave, Samsung nVME SSDs
    Prior Build: Core i7 7700K @ 4.9GHz / Apogee XT/120.2 Magicool rad, 16GB G.Skill 3000MHz DDR4, AMD Saphire rx580 8GB, Samsung 850 Pro SSD

Intel 4.5GHz LinX Stable Club

Crunch with us, the XS WCG team

Xtreme Cruncher

I hope the delivery guy hurries up, I just can say that person is almost in Canada
    Almost in Canada, with that accent !!! LOL Heck no, not a single yea has been spoken by him

That is VERY nice of you to be so considerate as to think of Dave and then go ahead and make it happen!
    Just shows what kind of person you are, darn decent one !!!!

NooB MOD
    Quote Originally Posted by D_A View Post
    I was referring to the system batteries at the telephone exchange.
    Made my day
    Xtreme SUPERCOMPUTER
    Nov 1 - Nov 8 Join Now!

Quote Originally Posted by Jowy Atreides View Post
    Intel is about to get athlon'd
    Athlon64 3700+ KACAE 0605APAW @ 3455MHz 314x11 1.92v/Vapochill || Core 2 Duo E8500 Q807 @ 6060MHz 638x9.5 1.95v LN2 @ -120'c || Athlon64 FX-55 CABCE 0516WPMW @ 3916MHz 261x15 1.802v/LN2 @ -40c || DFI LP UT CFX3200-DR || DFI LP UT NF4 SLI-DR || DFI LP UT NF4 Ultra D || Sapphire X1950XT || 2x256MB Kingston HyperX BH-5 @ 290MHz 2-2-2-5 3.94v || 2x256MB G.Skill TCCD @ 350MHz 3-4-4-8 3.1v || 2x256MB Kingston HyperX BH-5 @ 294MHz 2-2-2-5 3.94v

Xtremely Hot Sauce
    Spoke to Dear Old yesterday. Apparently, Movieman nodded off by 9PM!

My toys:
    Asus Sabertooth X58 | Core i7-950 (D0) | CM Hyper 212+ | G.Skill Sniper LV 12GB DDR3-1600 CL9 | GeForce GTX 670-2048MB | OCZ Agility 4 512GB, WD Raptor 150GB x 3 (RAID0), WD Black 1TB x 2 (RAID0) | XFX 650W CAH9 | Lian-Li PC-9F | Win 7 Pro x86-64
    Gigabyte EX58-UD3R | Core i7-920 (D0) | Stock HSF | G.Skill Sniper LV 4GB DDR3-1600 CL9 | Radeon HD 2600 Pro 512MB | WD Caviar 80GB IDE, 4TB x 2 (RAID5) | Corsair TX750 | XClio 188AF | Win 7 Pro x86-64
    Dell Dimension 8400 | Pentium 4 530 HT (E0) | Stock HSF | 1.5GB DDR2-400 CL3 | GeForce 8800 GT 256MB | WD Caviar 160GB SATA | Stock PSU | (Broken) Stock Case | Win Vista HP x86
    Little Dot DAC_I | Little Dot MK IV | Beyerdynamic DT-880 Premium (600 Ω) | TEAC AG-H300 MkIII | Polk Audio Monitor 5 Series 2's

Xtreme Cruncher
    I'm expecting some action shots LOL

XSDCMF
    That does it, i might have to visit him know. I can just see it. Him and me after 3 or 4 espressos. We'd talk all night and half the next! LOL
    Crunching to Crush Cancer
    Somebody, Stop Me!

XSDCMF
    Though I love espresso, I can't afford a quality machine. So, when I want a good cup of coffee I use one of the French presses around here. When coffee is being judged by the "experts", my understanding is that is what is used. I tend to use it only on weekends, or road trips.
    I'm a lazy "blankety-blank" so my Krupps drip machine gets most of the daily use.

DA, you sound like you are well versed in things coffee.
    Crunching to Crush Cancer
    Somebody, Stop Me!

Xtreme Cruncher
    serlv, I've had expensive machines, cheap machines and right now I'm using the same delonghi I sent to Dave is a very very cheap espresso machine that amazingly does a darn fine job. Why I'm using a cheap espresso machine? some idiot at customs in Venezuela decided the box where my La Pavoni was stored was a fine stool to sit or perhaps they played football with it, I don't know in the end the machine was in several pieces and right now I can't afford a $ 3k machine.

So if you like a espresso and have little cash to throw away, that little machine is a nice little thing to have around. I had a nice krups for espresso, but after I broke the water tank from excessive use I got the La Pavoni as they are industrial grade espresso machines (we consume like 20 or 30 espresso a day in my house) yet they are not idiot proof...

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    LOl at this thread..
    Now we were planning to break it in today but had a housefull of people for her birthday and one of them brought some coffee from Belgium..
    Levi's coffee I think DID go to Canada!
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

Xtreme Cruncher
    I think they sent it using UPS donkeys not trucks... and they charged me like $10 shipping those b******

Let's get to 100 Million PPD!
    Hi Guys,
    When that package arrived, you guys should have seen the expression on his face. TOUGH Dave looked like he was going to cry. He was that moved by a lad's generosity. No, I have never tasted espresso or cappochino (spelling??) before either. We are unsophisticated Yankees, but open to try some real soon. Thanks, Leviathan, you really pleased him. (sniff, sniff)
    Jo

Xtreme Cruncher
    Never is too late, to have a good cup of coffee either espresso or capuccino or whatever you guys decide over there. I promised Dave in 2007 that if I had the opportunity I would send him Venezuelan coffee for all the support he gave me. It took me longer than expected, but in the end I managed to do it.

When I was over there I saw the dripping machine, which in total honesty I hate with all my heart, so decided that that coffee deserved better.

Hope you enjoy also the Belgium coffee and that you had a nice birthday

Xtreme Legend
    Never is too late, to have a good cup of coffee either espresso or capuccino or whatever you guys decide over there. I promised Dave in 2007 that if I had the opportunity I would send him Venezuelan coffee for all the support he gave me. It took me longer than expected, but in the end I managed to do it.

When I was over there I saw the dripping machine, which in total honesty I hate with all my heart, so decided that that coffee deserved better.

Hope you enjoy also the Belgium coffee and that you had a nice birthday
    Stay away from the UK then because for the most part they are a nation of Instant coffee drinkers. Then there are the Starbucks/Costa crowd. To get a good coffee here require some detective work.

In a sea of instant coffee you would be surprised how good a filter coffer can be

My Biggest Fear Is When I die, My Wife Sells All My Stuff For What I Told Her I Paid For It.
    79 SB threads and 32 IB Threads across 4 rigs 111 threads Crunching!!

version 2.0
    Coffee from Belgium ? Didn't know we had that
    Belgian beers on the other hand are highly recommended .

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by OldChap View Post
    Stay away from the UK then because for the most part they are a nation of Instant coffee drinkers. Then there are the Starbucks/Costa crowd. To get a good coffee here require some detective work.

In a sea of instant coffee you would be surprised how good a filter coffer can be
    Oh don't make me remember my time at England, I lived in Poole in a tiny town called Bournemouth, also I lived in Birmingham somewhat better as I lived near the bullring and it has a Selfridges where they had some decent coffee at outrageous prices...

I guess I'm spoiled, I live in a place where coffee is cheap and excellent and my family is Italian so they are used to good coffee

Xtreme Cruncher
    what a nice thread. lovinŽit
    "Study hard my young friend"[/B].
    ---------------------------------------
    Woody: It's not a laser! It's a... [sighs in frustration]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12