Thread: Petition: Google Vs Youtube

Wanna look under my kilt?

Petition: Google Vs Youtube

http://www.change.org/petitions/ceo-...s-for-youtube#

Google Inc., YouTube LLC: Allow third party recording tools for YouTube

For decades people were allowed to take a private copy of a public broadcast. You could record the radio program with a cassette recorder or make a copy of your favorite movie by using a video recorder. All these techniques have been opposed heavily in its early years by the big media companies who didn't want the public to have such technology. They did describe such technology as criminal and as a threat to their business.

Several years later history is about to repeat: Google has teamed up with the RIAA to make the same claims against all sorts of online recording tools for their 21th century broadcasting service: YouTube ("Broadcast yourself"). Google is taking action against nearly every service that enables its users to create a private copy of a public YouTube broadcast while the RIAA is threatening news media like CNet for promoting such a software.

I hereby ask Google to break their silence and participate in an open and fair discussion with the intention to find a solution that suits the needs of the users.

I never thought i'd care about something enough to post the petition on XS, but if you feel the same, please share the link as widely as possible and/or sign it. Everyone has their own opinion on this subject and I know it's a sensitive one. I'm not gonna add my own words and opinion on it, you can all think for yourselves and make your own decisions

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by T_M View Post
    Not sure i totally follow anything you said, but regardless of that you helped me come up with a very good idea....
    Quote Originally Posted by soundood View Post
    you sigged that?

why?
    ______

Sometimes, it's not your time. Sometimes, you have to make it your time. Sometimes, it can ONLY be your time.

what tools did google go affter, the only thing i have heard of was going affter a couple of sites that automated the ripping of audio on their site (not a tool but a site that dose it)

things like download helper seam to still be going strong.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

NooB MOD
    I can record whatever is coming out of my speakers. How do you like that, Google?
    Xtreme SUPERCOMPUTER
    Nov 1 - Nov 8 Join Now!

Quote Originally Posted by Jowy Atreides View Post
    Intel is about to get athlon'd
    Athlon64 3700+ KACAE 0605APAW @ 3455MHz 314x11 1.92v/Vapochill || Core 2 Duo E8500 Q807 @ 6060MHz 638x9.5 1.95v LN2 @ -120'c || Athlon64 FX-55 CABCE 0516WPMW @ 3916MHz 261x15 1.802v/LN2 @ -40c || DFI LP UT CFX3200-DR || DFI LP UT NF4 SLI-DR || DFI LP UT NF4 Ultra D || Sapphire X1950XT || 2x256MB Kingston HyperX BH-5 @ 290MHz 2-2-2-5 3.94v || 2x256MB G.Skill TCCD @ 350MHz 3-4-4-8 3.1v || 2x256MB Kingston HyperX BH-5 @ 294MHz 2-2-2-5 3.94v

Xtreme Addict
    We don't need no petition to allow us to dl from those 2 places lol...
    I can already doit np, does it really matter if anyone else can or not lol... ^^ ?

I don't mean to be mean.., but it's not that hard to dl what you want, except for hulu maybe, but supposedly there is a script out there or something I dn whatever.
    Hulu sucks anyways, to boring to be honest, not enough content.

Just leave it be I think...

It does not matter to me if they after ripping sites...

NooB MOD
    Ten seconds of Googling found me a Firefox add-on and two apps that can download from Hulu with positive reviews
    Xtreme SUPERCOMPUTER
    Nov 1 - Nov 8 Join Now!

Quote Originally Posted by Jowy Atreides View Post
    Intel is about to get athlon'd
    Athlon64 3700+ KACAE 0605APAW @ 3455MHz 314x11 1.92v/Vapochill || Core 2 Duo E8500 Q807 @ 6060MHz 638x9.5 1.95v LN2 @ -120'c || Athlon64 FX-55 CABCE 0516WPMW @ 3916MHz 261x15 1.802v/LN2 @ -40c || DFI LP UT CFX3200-DR || DFI LP UT NF4 SLI-DR || DFI LP UT NF4 Ultra D || Sapphire X1950XT || 2x256MB Kingston HyperX BH-5 @ 290MHz 2-2-2-5 3.94v || 2x256MB G.Skill TCCD @ 350MHz 3-4-4-8 3.1v || 2x256MB Kingston HyperX BH-5 @ 294MHz 2-2-2-5 3.94v

Hmmmmm. So far, the replies haven't been what i've been expecting.

It's NOT about "oh, I can find a workaround in seconds, this isn't a problem for me"

Think BIGGER.

What will Google do next? Who will they go after? What do people with power crave? More power
    Not sure i totally follow anything you said, but regardless of that you helped me come up with a very good idea....
    you sigged that?

why?
    ______

Sometimes, it's not your time. Sometimes, you have to make it your time. Sometimes, it can ONLY be your time.

Quote Originally Posted by K404 View Post
    Hmmmmm. So far, the replies haven't been what i've been expecting.

It's NOT about "oh, I can find a workaround in seconds, this isn't a problem for me"

Think BIGGER.

What will Google do next? Who will they go after? What do people with power crave? More power
    if those 3rd party music videos were audio only they would be illegal, hence a site that sends you the mp3 from a video was a target for the RIAA. when google attacks the apps and plugins then it will matter, but they have not gone affter those and give instructions on how to capture the flv.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

But as stated in what I quoted (in the OP,) what's the difference between this and recording something off the TV (100% of the content- audio AND video) or back in the good ol days of taping something off the radio?

I taped a song off the radio in 1994 when buying a pop single was £4 and no-one gave a crap. Do it now when it costs £0.79 and i'm apparently funding terrorism.

Googles claim doesn't even make sense. I can listen to it as often as I like through Youtube, FOR FREE. What exactly is Google annoyed about? Less internet traffic because I don't HAVE to be online to listen to a song?
    you sigged that?

why?
    ______

Quote Originally Posted by K404 View Post
    Googles claim doesn't even make sense. I can listen to it as often as I like through Youtube, FOR FREE. What exactly is Google annoyed about? Less internet traffic because I don't HAVE to be online to listen to a song?
    Hmmm, you haven't figured this on out? MONEY!
    The NEED you and everyone else to go ONLINE so you can be fed with their commercials.... Simple as that!

Think bigger you said... OK Here goes....
    Tomorrow EVERYONE starts downloading stuff off of YT. Soon there will be LESS traffic to YT (remember we are thinking BIG here) and the revenue from commercials will be less, YT have no money to uphold the great service they provide and soon YT will be no more. No money to run it!
    No, there will not "come another site to do the same" since all saw what happened to YT when "everybody" started to download EVERYTHING.

This translates to TV-Series too. They who produce a TV series doesn't care if it's seen by 7 squadrillion people. They don't count views, they count INCOME. MONEY.
    If no one whatch it on TV with commersials, the TV company can't sell commersial spots and they don't earn money to buy new TV productions....