Thread: Virtu MVP BIOS Settings i7 - 3770K

Mmatus89

Virtu MVP BIOS Settings i7 - 3770K

Well, I've been messing around with Virtu MVP on my i7-3770K with a P8Z77 - V Pro mobo (BIOS 1206) with 16 GB of G.Skill with an EVGA SC GTX 680.
    I know in BIOS, when you enable the iGPU for Virtu MVP it states that it will be fixed at a 64MB rate. I know in BIOS you can set the iGPU up to 1024 mbs. I was wondering if there is a way to increase the iGPU memory from 64mb to more in the CPU with Virtu MVP Enabled? Would changing the iGPU memory actually increase the memory even if the mobo states that its at a fixed rate?

I ask because I find myself getting errors with BF3 DirectX running out of memory error with Virtu MVP enabled. I have been able to narrow it down to the iGPU memory that is causing the game to crash. I don't want to disable Virtu MVP (unless there I really have too) since I love the feel of Virtual V-Sync with frames over 60+ FPS with no tears, no stuttering and/or huge performance loss when the FPS drops below 60+ (unlike natural V-Sync).
    Last edited by Mmatus89; 07-01-2012 at 07:50 AM.

dont work for me either i posted this on the M5G thread i have SLI and raid and manual says "not recommended on raid" and on some sites like GURU3D all ppl with SLI dont work, some with CROSS yes

either way aint need it

cheers
    Sergio
    Intel Core i9-7980XE@ 4.8GHz 18C/18TH (Direct Die Contact)
    ASRock X299 OC Formula
    ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D80 (4x8GB) DDR4-3800C17 B-Die
    1x Intel Optane SSD 905P 480GB
    4x HP EX950 NVMe 2TB on ASRock ULTRA M.2 CARD
    EVGA RTX 2080TI KINGPIN 2190/8000 Stock Cooling AIO 240
    SilverStone ST1500W-TI TITANIUM
    Alphacool Custom Water Cooling

Mmatus89
    Yeah. I've read a bunch of sites saying that MVP isn't SLI friendly. I got MVP working. It works on every other game flawlessly. Even games that aren't on the list. Ghost Recon, Rage, Max Payne, NFS. It even runs on Netflix. IDK how that is(Doesn't bother me). Just with BF3 it crashes giving me the out of memory DX11 error, and I've managed to single it down to the iGPU/MVP. But I noticed it only happens to me on the new CQC Maps. I can play the old maps and back to karland for literally 12 hours with no errors. I figured the iGPU 64MB memory isn't enough for the new BF3 CQC maps with MVP because there is so much destruction the game has to filter too. I guess I'll just have to uninstall MVP and try the new beta drivers with the 680.
    Last edited by Mmatus89; 07-01-2012 at 11:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mmatus89 View Post
    Yeah. I've read a bunch of sites saying that MVP isn't SLI friendly. I got MVP working. It works on every other game flawlessly. Even games that aren't on the list. Ghost Recon, Rage, Max Payne, NFS. It even runs on Netflix. IDK how that is(Doesn't bother me). Just with BF3 it crashes giving me the out of memory DX11 error, and I've managed to single it down to the iGPU/MVP. But I noticed it only happens to me on the new CQC Maps. I can play the old maps and back to karland for literally 12 hours with no errors. I figured the iGPU 64MB memory isn't enough for the new BF3 CQC maps with MVP because there is so much destruction the game has to filter too. I guess I'll just have to uninstall MVP and try the new beta drivers with the 680.
    since BF3 patch + CQC maps this happens to all, uninstall JAVA completely from your system and you will have 80% less crashes trust me

since from now on we will have to fix they're games
    Intel Core i9-7980XE@ 4.8GHz 18C/18TH (Direct Die Contact)
    ASRock X299 OC Formula
    ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D80 (4x8GB) DDR4-3800C17 B-Die
    1x Intel Optane SSD 905P 480GB
    4x HP EX950 NVMe 2TB on ASRock ULTRA M.2 CARD
    EVGA RTX 2080TI KINGPIN 2190/8000 Stock Cooling AIO 240
    SilverStone ST1500W-TI TITANIUM
    Alphacool Custom Water Cooling

Mmatus89
    Quote Originally Posted by andressergio View Post
    since BF3 patch + CQC maps this happens to all, uninstall JAVA completely from your system and you will have 80% less crashes trust me

since from now on we will have to fix they're games
    Can't uninstall JAVA completely. I need it for Netbeans for my ADV Java class. LOL.

So, far I've been playing CQC for 3 hours straight no problem with MVP uninstalled. I am also on the 304.84 drivers. It was as I suspected. The 64MB on the iGPU isn't enough for Virtu MVP on CQC maps. My memory leaks have also vanished. RAM sits at around 5gb and doesn't go above 5.25 GBs. My memory leaks were bad with MVP. Before with MVP running BF3 on CQC maps. http://imgur.com/a/GKgUr#0 The only thing I have now is tons of screen tearing, but that's natural since I am getting about 70 fps minimum. If I enabled V-sync it would go away for sure.

P.S. I also noticed Virtu MVP does NOT work with 304.84 beta drivers. Couldn't get any game to work with the beta drivers and virtu MVP enabled. It works fine on 301.42.
    Last edited by Mmatus89; 07-01-2012 at 02:10 PM.

Xtreme Addict
    The best driver for use with the current release of Virtu MVP is 296.10. The operating system (Win7) and the video driver dynamically allocate system memory for iGPU use. The only time the 64MB is an issue is with XP if the motherboard's UEFI does not allow a manual setting to increase the size.

Quote Originally Posted by Mmatus89 View Post
    Well, I've been messing around with Virtu MVP on my i7-3770K with a P8Z77 - V Pro mobo (BIOS 1206) with 16 GB of G.Skill with an EVGA SC GTX 680.
    I know in BIOS, when you enable the iGPU for Virtu MVP it states that it will be fixed at a 64MB rate. I know in BIOS you can set the iGPU up to 1024 mbs. I was wondering if there is a way to increase the iGPU memory from 64mb to more in the CPU with Virtu MVP Enabled? Would changing the iGPU memory actually increase the memory even if the mobo states that its at a fixed rate?

I ask because I find myself getting errors with BF3 DirectX running out of memory error with Virtu MVP enabled. I have been able to narrow it down to the iGPU memory that is causing the game to crash. I don't want to disable Virtu MVP (unless there I really have too) since I love the feel of Virtual V-Sync with frames over 60+ FPS with no tears, no stuttering and/or huge performance loss when the FPS drops below 60+ (unlike natural V-Sync).
    I built my new system in early June (Gigabyte UD5H, 3770K @ 4.8GHZ and same GPU as you) and I've found MVP annoying to get stable for even older games like L4D. I'm not sure if having the dedicated memory for it set to 32mb is an issue but L4D crashed out with a memory error while MVP was enabled the one time I've tried it. I also experienced massive stability issues with MVP enabled before I put iGPU LLC on @ Turbo. All in all though I don't care a lot since in L4D at least I noticed microstuttering occurring with MVP on, as though I had a crappy SLI/Xfire setup going (bad driver support for the game etc.) even though I'm running a solo card, and that kills any use MVP would have for me as I can't stand input lag / uneven looking framerate.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.