Thread: i7 920 and Bloodrage Overclock Recovery Occur System is running in Safe Mode Now.

Xtreme Enthusiast

i7 920 and Bloodrage Overclock Recovery Occur System is running in Safe Mode Now.

So it's been about a year since I've touched overclocking on this rig. I had to do alot of reading when I did this stuff a year ago considering the bios is completely different over say a E8400. The terminology is all different. I started following the guide http://www.techreaction.net/2010/09/...nd-gulftown/3/ since the guides here aren't even close to being up to date. I'm at the start of the guide and for some reason the Bloodrage keeps recovering and halting on boot.

My Corsair Doms are manually adjusted to the correct timings and voltage of: 8.9.8.24 1.65v XMP enabled.

The only thing different in my settings vs the guide so far is the Core on the 920. The I can't lower it more then the voltage it defaults to: 1.27500
    That is if I'm understanding the QPI/VTT is the cpu voltage which the guide calls for 1.2v

I think the easiest way to do this is to post up bios settings instead of typing it all down.

Board Info

Memory Settings

Quantum Bios

Voltage Settings

I just changed the Memory Bus Multiplier from x6 to x8 and I'm in Windows.

CPUZ is reporting:
    Core 3151MHZ
    Multiplier x21
    Bus 150MHZ (Because I moved onto the next step in the guide)
    QPI 2700MHZ

Memory is at 600MHZ which is really 1200MHZ
    Last edited by scgt1; 07-01-2012 at 03:41 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SkItZo View Post
    Any worklog of the girl in your avatar?
    HEAT
    EBAY

Project Slumber Parties aka PSP Liquid Cooling Work Log

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I think I'm getting somewhere now. Just cleared one run on the Burn Test max temp 63*C so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by SkItZo View Post
    Any worklog of the girl in your avatar?
    HEAT
    EBAY

Project Slumber Parties aka PSP Liquid Cooling Work Log