Thread: Liquid-Cooled TEC Spot Air Conditioner, possible?

Xtreme 3D Team

Liquid-Cooled TEC Spot Air Conditioner, possible?

I've seen products on the market like this, around 800-5000 BTU
    Was wondering if I could devise my own as a little project to keep my room (or part of it, near my bed) a few degrees cooler

Thinking cheap water loop with no-name pump, 2x120mm rad and Yate Loons on hot side

Cold side not really sure? I know waterblocks can transfer heat from heat source to water, probably not too efficient at doing the opposite?
    Smile

I was wondering about this for the last year. Always wanted to try it myself. Probably not even that expensive. The hard part is 2 waterblocks that can sandwich a TEC in there. Atleast for the testing. I don't think a waterblock for a cpu can take the pressure that a TEC requires for full time and proper use.

All a waterblock will do is transfer heat. Aslong as there is a temperature difference, heat will be moved. So no need to worry about that. What you'll have to worry about is freezing if the heat being pulled out of the air isn't enough. Either a thermostat or a glycol mix should probably be used if freezing does start. Might also need a drip tray or something for the condensation if you don't use a thermostat.
    Last edited by KrowniK; 07-01-2012 at 09:33 AM.

Xtreme 3D Team
    Hmm...
    Smile