Thread: Fun with Indigo Xtreme

Xtreme Member

Fun with Indigo Xtreme

First, my final analysis. I'm not sure. I mean, it didn't seem like my temps were any better than with Noctua grease.

Now, I know that I installed it correctly: sterilized surfaces, perfectly centered, plastic coverings removed at the right time etc. Since my temps didn't seem improved, I installed the second apllication in case I had boinked the first one so...

DSC_00021.jpg

The one on th right was on my socket. A gentle tap and it was free. The one on the left came tumbling out from under something (a capacitor maybe, idk) when I rotated my box to empty one of my loops.

I am certain of my proper application of this stuff yet, I'm sure there will be doubters so, let the accusations fly.

Personally, I think this stuff might be a little like Russian roulette.
    Case: Lian Li A71F
    Sys: 3930k, Sabertooth X79, G.Skill 2133Mhz 16Gb, (2x) GTX 680
    (2x) WD Black 1.5Tb, (2x) Crucial M4 - RAID 0

Loop 1: Apogee HD, (2x) RX240, DDC3.2 w/EK v2 top, MCRES (R2)
    Loop 2: EK Full Cover (x2), RX360, DDC3.2 w/EK v2 top, MCRES (R2)

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I had this happen once, mainly because I messed up - I thought the reflow had completed and turned the case back on it's side. You have to make sure the motherboard is absolutely level (horizontal) until you've completed reflow otherwise it can leak out the side. Reflow should be fast though with a waterblock. Just turn the pump off while loading the cpu and it normally happens within seconds. Otherwise though I've had a bunch of successful applications before and after that incident.

Xtreme Member
    Although I did not believe it was necessary to achieve a perfect level "flatness", since it was my first time, I leveled my box, with a bubble level and magazines for shims. I centered it all based on the outline printed on the plastic. I tightened my hs, alternating corners until tight. I don't know what I did wrong but both applications splooged out a little metal bubble.
    Case: Lian Li A71F
    Sys: 3930k, Sabertooth X79, G.Skill 2133Mhz 16Gb, (2x) GTX 680
    (2x) WD Black 1.5Tb, (2x) Crucial M4 - RAID 0

Loop 1: Apogee HD, (2x) RX240, DDC3.2 w/EK v2 top, MCRES (R2)
    Loop 2: EK Full Cover (x2), RX360, DDC3.2 w/EK v2 top, MCRES (R2)

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by basserdan View Post
    Although I did not believe it was necessary to achieve a perfect level "flatness", since it was my first time, I leveled my box, with a bubble level and magazines for shims. I centered it all based on the outline printed on the plastic. I tightened my hs, alternating corners until tight. I don't know what I did wrong but both applications splooged out a little metal bubble.
    Hmm maybe it was too tight so that there was too much IX and some was squeezed out during reflow? You don't need to go as tight as you would with regular grease. Not sure though. I'm not an expert on it