Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Man Bites Dog, Eats Dog While High on 'Spice'

Xtreme Member
    you people know there are over 100 different kinds of "bath salts" right? mephedrone is just one and it isnt even used anymore. all these test will come back as no bath salts because they simply arent testing the right chemical. also why is k2 eing talked about when its a completely different thing than bath salts. also since when is "spice" the very first name of the smoking blends with jwh-018 become the code name of "bath salt" which is the code name of a group of research chemicals.
    asrock z77 extreme6
    G.SKILL Sniper F3-17000CL9Q-16GBSR
    asus 5870
    wd 1tb black
    Crucial M4 CT128M4SSD

Xtreme Addict
    lol i think its great that we are all so educated on these different drugs and reactions to the drugs....
    [MOBO] Asus CrossHair Formula 5 AM3+
    [GPU] ATI 6970 x2 Crossfire 2Gb
    [RAM] G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 1600
    [CPU] AMD FX-8120 @ 4.8 ghz
    [COOLER] XSPC Rasa 750 RS360 WaterCooling
    [OS] Windows 8 x64 Enterprise
    [HDD] OCZ Vertex 3 120GB SSD
    [AUDIO] Logitech S-220 17 Watts 2.1

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by god_43 View Post
    lol i think its great that we are all so educated on these different drugs and reactions to the drugs....
    I'm not surprised. I'd bet that there are more than a few fellow psychonauts on this site.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    ^^^^ Oh you know it. I've seen bongs and stuff on people's desks in the pic threads

Seriously though they should just legalize pot and then we wouldn't have these problems.

Xtreme Member
    ^^ Exactly. The only reason these synthetic drugs exist at all is because of the prohibition of pot. Ludicrous..it's a frikken plant for gods sake

Core i5 2500K @ 4.8GHz 1.31v [L041C123] | Gigabyte P67-UD3P-B3 | Corsair H60 | 4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3-1866 8-9-8-24-1T | Samsung F3 1TB |
    ASUS GTX 670 2GB| PCP&C Silencer 500W | Antec Three Hundred "Blacked Out" | Dell Ultrasharp 23" U2311H IPS 1920x1080

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by metachronos View Post
    ^^^^ Oh you know it. I've seen bongs and stuff on people's desks in the pic threads

Seriously though they should just legalize pot and then we wouldn't have these problems.
    Don't confuse your average pot smoker with one of the dopeheads that you try this .

Quote Originally Posted by OCX600RR View Post
    ^^ Exactly. The only reason these synthetic drugs exist at all is because of the prohibition of pot. Ludicrous..it's a frikken plant for gods sake
    Yeah, because marijuana is so hard to get a hold of.

Thats like saying people shouldn't be smoking pot since Alcohol is legal.

Xtreme Addict
    Yep alcohol, Jeffrey Dahmer's and several other cannibals' drug of choice, is still legal. Bath salts have a long way to go to catch up.

I am Xtreme
    this news is much more interesting than the other news posted today.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BababooeyHTJ View Post
    Don't confuse your average pot smoker with one of the dopeheads that you try this .

Has it ever occurred to you that these synthetic "drugs" are on the market because people can actually use them without fear of losing their employment? Companies don't test for stuff like Spice or Bath Salts, but if you happen to test positive for MJ you can kiss your job goodbye.

Core i5 2500K @ 4.8GHz 1.31v [L041C123] | Gigabyte P67-UD3P-B3 | Corsair H60 | 4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3-1866 8-9-8-24-1T | Samsung F3 1TB |
    ASUS GTX 670 2GB| PCP&C Silencer 500W | Antec Three Hundred "Blacked Out" | Dell Ultrasharp 23" U2311H IPS 1920x1080

That's a stretch. They would exist whether pot was legal or not because people do stupid things.
    The Cardboard Master
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

Xtreme Member
    True, probably not the "only" reason but a main one at that. Read my comment above. Lot of people like the idea of being able to "mimic" the high from MJ using synthetics and still being able to pass drug tests so they don't have to be in fear of losing their job.

Xtreme Addict

Actually I talked with a group of people that use K2, and other synthetic drugs. I asked them why they preferred this over the real thing. The replies were this:

1). It's not illegal, for the most part. Less fear of going to or back to jail.
    2). Can pass job and/or probation related drug testing.

So I would say if the real stuff was legal People would be smoking it and eating cookies rather than smoking the synth crap and eating Toto
    Sandy Bridge 2500k @ 4.5ghz 1.28v | MSI p67a-gd65 B3 Mobo | Samsung ddr3 8gb |
    Swiftech apogee drive II | Coolgate 120| GTX660ti w/heat killer gpu x| Seasonic x650 PSU

QX9650 @ 4ghz | P5K-E/WIFI-AP Mobo | Hyperx ddr2 1066 4gb | EVGA GTX560ti 448 core FTW @ 900mhz | OCZ 700w Modular PSU |
    DD MC-TDX CPU block | DD Maze5 GPU block | Black Ice Xtreme II 240 Rad | Laing D5 Pump

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Think this headline would be better ............. Ok Ok I know ban hammer time

Quote Originally Posted by FUGGER View Post
    MovieMan Bites Dog, Eats Dog While High on 'Old Spice'

Xtreme Guru
    You can't teach a new dog old spice.

Hackintosh Lover
    Between London & Eastbourne, United Kingdom
    I think is a question of Choice, People should be free to do or take whatever they want... to be able to choose what they want to take, Not a big fan of Drugs, but I do acknowledged there should be legal, people think by legalizing them we would all do drugs, where that's just bull, in Europe UK is the biggest Weed smoking country way ahead of Holland.. I for one am tired of the massive war on tobacco too!, as a matter of fact Legal drugs kill a hell of a lot more people, taking those drugs or not, than Illegal...
    Why Not Try a Hackintosh for A Change?? Steps HERE!!
    Want to installing Mountain/Lion from a DVD or USB on you Apple PC?? Steps Here!

Super Stable aKa 24/7

Winners of EURO 08 | World Cup 10 | EURO 12
    Quote: Killin' Tube Kinks One Coil At A Time
    Hackintosh Lover
    "Dumb people" shouldn't use "Smart Phones"

New Personal Wallpapers Selection

Xtreme Mentor
    True, probably not the "only" reason but a main one at that. Read my comment above. Lot of people like the idea of being able to "mimic" the high from MJ using synthetics and still being able to pass drug tests so they don't have to be in fear of losing their job.
    These drugs don't mimic the high from marijuana from what I hear. Aren't most bath salts a stimulant? I thought that the high was closer to blow or e or some other drug that I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNutz View Post
    Actually I talked with a group of people that use K2, and other synthetic drugs. I asked them why they preferred this over the real thing. The replies were this:

1). It's not illegal, for the most part. Less fear of going to or back to jail.
    2). Can pass job and/or probation related drug testing.

So I would say if the real stuff was legal People would be smoking it and eating cookies rather than smoking the synth crap and eating Toto
    Yeah, and what other drugs do these people use? Once again, you're confusing an occasional pot smoker or even pot head for what I would look at as a drug user or dopehead. I don't think that one is in anyway related to the other. You could legalize pot tomorrow and I don't think that people would stop using crap like this. The people that would use crap like this just want to try a new high.
    Last edited by BababooeyHTJ; 06-29-2012 at 09:02 AM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    These drugs don't mimic the high from marijuana from what I hear. Aren't most bath salts a stimulant? I thought that the high was closer to blow or e or some other drug that I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole.

Yeah, and what other drugs do these people use? Once again, you're confusing an occasional pot smoker or even pot head for what I would look at as a drug user or dopehead. I don't think that one is in anyway related to the other. You could legalize pot tomorrow and I don't think that people would stop using crap like this. The people that would use crap like this just want to try a new high.
    "Bath Salts" are mephedrone, an amphetamine. It is a stimulant, and a mild hallucinogenic. Effects of it are similar to crystal meth, with more hallucinations.

Spice =/= other synthetic drugs. Spice is not addictive (At least not to the scale of amphetamines or opiates). Spice is simply a cheap, legal alternative to marijuana. The high is not the same, no, but it is in the same vein and lasts for a very short period of time (compared to marijuana), making it a good alternative for people who cannot smoke marijuana for whatever reason. (Read: Army)

NooB MOD
    It's not a bath salt. It's sold as a bath salt and labeled "not for human consumption" for legal reasons.
    Xtreme SUPERCOMPUTER
    Nov 1 - Nov 8 Join Now!

Quote Originally Posted by Jowy Atreides View Post
    Intel is about to get athlon'd
    Athlon64 3700+ KACAE 0605APAW @ 3455MHz 314x11 1.92v/Vapochill || Core 2 Duo E8500 Q807 @ 6060MHz 638x9.5 1.95v LN2 @ -120'c || Athlon64 FX-55 CABCE 0516WPMW @ 3916MHz 261x15 1.802v/LN2 @ -40c || DFI LP UT CFX3200-DR || DFI LP UT NF4 SLI-DR || DFI LP UT NF4 Ultra D || Sapphire X1950XT || 2x256MB Kingston HyperX BH-5 @ 290MHz 2-2-2-5 3.94v || 2x256MB G.Skill TCCD @ 350MHz 3-4-4-8 3.1v || 2x256MB Kingston HyperX BH-5 @ 294MHz 2-2-2-5 3.94v

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] Oj101 View Post
    It's not a bath salt. It's sold as a bath salt and labeled "not for human consumption" for legal reasons.
    Just as spice is incense strictly not for human consumption

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by Kain665 View Post
    "Bath Salts" are mephedrone, an amphetamine. It is a stimulant, and a mild hallucinogenic. Effects of it are similar to crystal meth, with more hallucinations.

Spice =/= other synthetic drugs. Spice is not addictive (At least not to the scale of amphetamines or opiates). Spice is simply a cheap, legal alternative to marijuana. The high is not the same, no, but it is in the same vein and lasts for a very short period of time (compared to marijuana), making it a good alternative for people who cannot smoke marijuana for whatever reason. (Read: Army)
    Thanks for the clarification. I don't know much about that stuff.

I'm just not buying that that crap is an alternative to pot, I'm sorry. I don't think that the two are in any way related. I still think that the people who have tried this crap would have if pot were legal or not. Even if you are in the Army you can still smoke every once in a while. As long as you aren't consuming marijuana excessively it doesn't stay in your system for all that long.

From what I hear the high isn't even the same and the side effects are far worse.

tried spice once, absolutely hated it and refuse to ever try that crap again
    asus p5q pro p45
    e8400 @ 3.6
    g.skill 4 x 2 gb ddr2 1066
    gigabtye 4850

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Thanks for the clarification. I don't know much about that stuff.

I'm just not buying that that crap is an alternative to pot, I'm sorry. I don't think that the two are in any way related. I still think that the people who have tried this crap would have if pot were legal or not. Even if you are in the Army you can still smoke every once in a while. As long as you aren't consuming marijuana excessively it doesn't stay in your system for all that long.

From what I hear the high isn't even the same and the side effects are far worse.
    The high is similar, the side effects can be much worse. If marijuana was legal, then spice wouldn't be nearly as prolific - there's really be no reason to smoke it.

Pie assassin
    showing up positive for thc doesnt even mean that he was high at the time. it takes 30 days to purge from the system to result in a "clean" drug test. I see this as another couple billion injected into the losing drug war with widespread publicity to help exploit this. New ridicoulous laws here we come!

im not supporting the use of "bath salts" or "spice" but new laws created to ban this will have effects on other drugs as well. It might become a felony to even posess MJ.

this leads me to another thought... this upcoming generation is so doomed its not even funny. they have the pokemon, justin beiber, bath salts, and spice.... can it get any more lame? next they will be tripping out on heavy metal after cats piss in their face.
    Last edited by ZenEffect; 06-29-2012 at 04:09 PM.
    Current Status - Testing & Research

Xtreme Memory Hoarder
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenEffect View Post
    showing up positive for thc doesnt even mean that he was high at the time. it takes 30 days to purge from the system to result in a "clean" drug test. I see this as another couple billion injected into the losing drug war with widespread publicity to help exploit this. New ridicoulous laws here we come!

im not supporting the use of "bath salts" or "spice" but new laws created to ban this will have effects on other drugs as well. It might become a felony to even posess MJ.

this leads me to another thought... this upcoming generation is so doomed its not even funny. they have the pokemon, justin beiber, bath salts, and spice.... can it get any more lame? next they will be tripping out on heavy metal after cats piss in their face.
    pretty much nailed it, I mean f(l)ucking bath salts really?

and of course so perfect using mj as a scapegoat for the zombie apocalypse
    Quote Originally Posted by Hondacity View Post
    gskillllin it!

Hackintosh Lover
    Between London & Eastbourne, United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenEffect View Post

Agree with ya, but Leave POKEMON Alone!! PLEASE!!!
    Last edited by davidkozat; 06-30-2012 at 07:36 AM.
    Why Not Try a Hackintosh for A Change?? Steps HERE!!
    Want to installing Mountain/Lion from a DVD or USB on you Apple PC?? Steps Here!

Super Stable aKa 24/7

Winners of EURO 08 | World Cup 10 | EURO 12
    Quote: Killin' Tube Kinks One Coil At A Time
    Hackintosh Lover
    "Dumb people" shouldn't use "Smart Phones"

New Personal Wallpapers Selection

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast