Thread: Future of Cooling?

Xtreme Enthusiast

Future of Cooling?

When will we get some new rad designs that can take advantage of this!? Or will regular air cooling start to catch up!

https://ip.sandia.gov/techpdfs/Funda...20Approach.pdf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=JWQZNXEKkaU

I like large posteriors and I cannot prevaricate

Xtreme Member
    has anybody ever seen any achieved temps with this thing? I remember reading the White paper a while ago but can't remember any info about how many watts it can cool and what temps they were achieving. judging by the lack of hype around it these days and that it hasn't been adapted to the consumer market i assume it is not fantastic, but not that bad. anyone followed its progress or know how well it performs? noise and cooling wise.

Xtreme Addict
    The people that manufactured it stated the best cooling/resistance obtained was 0.2c/w per their white paper. Thermaltake ultra extreme for example has been measure at ~ 0.1C/W. Typical custom water cooling is much better yet.

This is not meant to replace high end air coolers for overclocking. It was aimed at replacing intels stock coolers, ie cool better with lower energy cost, and be less costly to produce. The goal I am sure was to sell to someone like intel and make millions replacing their stock coolers.

But it doesnt perform better than high end air coolers, nor was that the intent.

Xtreme Member
    Nice, but I hardly imagine something non-active (like TECs) that can replace waterblocks. The concept is very simple and extremely functional.

One thing I notice on my WC setup is that the temperatures of components measured my softwares if something like 10-15ºC higher that the temperature of the air comming out of the rad. A research on better TIMs, contruction of better IHS and new wc fluids is the way to go.
    Last edited by LeoAndrade; 06-22-2012 at 02:46 PM.
    PC:
    MOBO: Maximus VI Extreme
    CPU: Core i7-4770k
    RAM: 2x4gb Dominator Platinum 2133
    GPU: GeForce GTX Titan

Greetings from Brazil!