Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So I get a message from MovieMan the other day...

Xtreme Cruncher

So I get a message from MovieMan the other day...

a Deal on a board and two cpus and I end getting all this

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...s/DSC00263.jpg

plus case, lcd, mouse, keyboard and all the small stuff

Talk about impulsive buy

So beware of MovieMan gtalk messages or emails or gods forbid telephone calls, he can induce you into spending a ton of money
    Incoming new computer after 5 long years

YOU want to FIGHT CANCER OR AIDS join us at WCG and help to have a better FUTURE

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    I'm taking the 5th..and drinking one too!
    ALL I did here was tell my good buddy Axel of a deal that existed.
    All the rest was up to him but I will admit he's getting one hell of a machine and the Lian Li case he ordered is SWEET!
    Congrats pal!
    Oh, I forgot to tell you there is a cost..
    YOu have to get this pig up on the XS WCG team..
    If you have issues with setting it up I'll show you how to put it on my account!
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

Xtreme Cruncher
    you just want the approx 100k this thing does right

I will put it to WCG I always been a WCG guy and I've missed helping the team

YOU want to FIGHT CANCER OR AIDS join us at WCG and help to have a better FUTURE

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] leviathan18 View Post
    you just want the approx 100k this thing does right

I will put it to WCG I always been a WCG guy and I've missed helping the team
    Who me? Want the piddly 100K/day that will put out? Moi?
    Of course I do..
    I know you do!
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Fanboy of Good Products
    It'll be good to have you back!
    Cruncher #1: EVGA Z68 FTW | i7-2600k @ 4.5 | 6GB Ram
    Cruncher #2: Supermicro Dual-Socket | 2 x 6-core Opterons | 4GB Ram
    Cruncher #3: 8-core Xserve 1,1

T400 for non-crunching

"But don't think you'll run me over - It's, ah, planting season here in Texas... and the farm is growing..." -Otis11 on crunching WCG

Crunching For The Points! NKrader's Avatar
    So beware of MovieMan gtalk messages or emails or gods forbid telephone calls, he can induce you into spending a ton of money
    oh bananas

movieman has gtalk sounds like a few many hours of fun conversations! adds meee :P

Dave has gtalk? CRAAPPPPPPPP *hides*
    The Cardboard Master
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

Xtreme Cruncher
    Very nice!!! I have the same board on the way and some E5-2690's. Need more power for my trillion poly renders and it will also crunch most of the time.

Cruncher 1 | 2600K @ 4.5ghz | 2x GTX 690 |
    Cruncher 2 | Skulltrail @ 4.0ghz | XFX 7970 |

i dont see any cpus in that deal
    Intel C2Q Q9550 2.83ghz :: Intel DQ45CB :: 4 x 2gb OCZ DDR2 PC2-8500 Reaper HPC :: ASUS EAH5850 :: Thermaltake TR2 RX 750w :: Western Digital Caviar Black 4 x 750gb in RAID 10
    Intel e3-1235 3.3ghz :: Intel s1200kp :: 4gb kingston hyperX 1600mhz :: WD 500gb Cavier Green
    Intel i7-3770k 4.4ghz :: msi z77ma-g45 :: 8 gb patriot Signature 1600mhz :: 160gb WD Cavier :: 5830 + 5870 CF :: Antec Earthwatts 650w

"...all men die, and no brave man lets death frighten him from his desire..."

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by masterg View Post
    i dont see any cpus in that deal
    2 retail E5-2650's

Sweet - that could be my next upgrade for the dualie (unless I win the Lotto and can afford the SR-X)!
    Asus Maximus VIII Ranger Z170 : Core i5-6600K : EVGA RTX2080 XC : 16Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3200 : 256Gb Crucial MX500 : Corsair H100i : PCP&C 750w 60A : CM Cosmos S : Windows 10 x64
    Asus Z8NA-D6 : Dual Xeon E5645 : 24Gb DDR3-1333 ECC : MSI GTX470 : 120Gb Samsung EVO 840 : 1TB HDD : PCP&C 750w 60A : CM Stacker : DD MC-TDX, EK-FC470, RX240+RX120, D5 X-Top, BayRes : VMware ESXi 6.7.0 - VM's - WCG crunchers x 5 (Ubuntu 18.04 LTS), Mint 19, Windows 10 Insider Preview
    Sophos XG 17.5.3 running on GA-Z97-Wifi : Core i3 : 8Gb DDR3-1600 : 120Gb SSD : Corsair H80
    BenQ GW2765, Aten 4-port KVM, Asustor AS5002 4Tb NAS, Belkin 1500va UPS, Sky Fibre Max 80/20Mbps

Crunching For The Points! NKrader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ_64 View Post
    Sweet - that could be my next upgrade for the dualie (unless I win the Lotto and can afford the SR-X)!
    if i won the lottery then i could afford a dual E5-2650

I am Xtreme-ly Unemployed
    Noted... but I'm kinda with NKrader on this one.

Which reminds me, I need to finish getting this house together so that I can get the sammys back up.
    I'm doing science and I'm still alive...

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by Petra View Post
    Noted... but I'm kinda with NKrader on this one.

Which reminds me, I need to finish getting this house together so that I can get the sammys back up.
    You know I had the opportunity a few months ago to travel to New Hampshire and meet Dave, "we were talking" (that means he was talking I spent the whole day listening and drinking coke) but one of the few little things he let me spoke I was talking how awesome was to buy at PTS and how much you guys helped me to buy my first watercooling and how awesome the services was.

I was talking with hardass who sold me all this stuff that I wanted to go Water for this build, but now I don't have a nice store where I know, I will get the best customer service around and a nice Pen.

I know its been a while since you moved from PTS, but it was until I talked with Dave that he told me what happened and as past customer I'm really sad PTS didn't grow further.

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    You know I had the opportunity a few months ago to travel to New Hampshire and meet Dave, "we were talking" (that means he was talking I spent the whole day listening and drinking coke) but one of the few little things he let me spoke I was talking how awesome was to buy at PTS and how much you guys helped me to buy my first watercooling and how awesome the services was.

I was talking with hardass who sold me all this stuff that I wanted to go Water for this build, but now I don't have a nice store where I know, I will get the best customer service around and a nice Pen.

I know its been a while since you moved from PTS, but it was until I talked with Dave that he told me what happened and as past customer I'm really sad PTS didn't grow further.
    Hey, I counted and you said at least 12 words in the hours you were here..Wait, let me check my records!

Petra: Years ago I mailed a complete machine in parts and God's truth the first thing Levi said to me when he got the parts was " I got a Petra's pen"..
    I've said it before and I'll say it here: You ran your business with an understanding of who your customers were and treated them not just as customers, but as friends.
    Your business may be closed but the kindness and courtesy you extended to all of us won't be forgotten.

I still use my Petra's Pen!!
    The Cardboard Master
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

Xtreme Cruncher
    with me moving to Panama I lost my trusted PTS pen

Dave: Yeah 12 is stretching it, I said I loved PTS and you never let me speak again for at least a couple of hours. Besides that, I had lots of fun in NH, did you manage to open that bottle of wine?
    Last edited by [XC] leviathan18; 06-20-2012 at 10:53 AM.

Isn't that about how all "conversations" with Dave go?

Yeah, there's definitely a part of me that would have liked to see things turn out differently... especially since, toward the end, I was slowly working on pivoting PTS into being more of a water cooling parts manufacturer than a just a store--obviously, I was never able to fully realize that goal.

There's still quite a lot of stuff that went on at PT/PTS that most people don't know about (my "battles" with Swiftech (if you're reading this Gabe, I mean that in the most loving way possible ), Eddy, helping Ian get products off the ground, various product designs that never ended up being produced, amusing anecdotes, etc., etc.) and it actually has me thinking about doing some sort of video series, video podcast, or streaming Q&A thing if there's enough interest... I mean, from a bandwidth and A/V standpoint, I'm already set up for that sort of thing. Heck, I could even go into what starting a company is like, reasons why we handled interacting with people the way we did, and all that more basic [and somewhat generic] business stuff. It has probably been long enough since PTS changed hands that nobody (rather, very few) would get pissed at me for saying stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Movieman View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it here: You ran your business with an understanding of who your customers were and treated them not just as customers, but as friends.
    Well, which would you rather have: names and order numbers as customers or friends who happen to buy stuff from you? I started as an enthusiast who didn't really like the way companies interacted with the community, so I sought to change things. I'm not sure if I ever mentioned this to you, Dave, but my first employee was actually an XS member who dropped by the shop from time to time to pick up orders from us directly.

with me moving to Panama I lost my trusted PTS pen
    Shoot me a PM with your address and I'll look into what I'd have to do to ship one down to you (I only have a few that I snagged while we were moving out of the office/warehouse at the end of 2009).

Xtreme Cruncher
    @ Petra:

I can't tell you how much I miss you being in control of your business. UPS was 1 day delivery- ground. You were 30 minutes away if I needed it quicker. There are other very good sites. I miss the TY notes and pens. No one does business the way you did. I can't believe someone hasn't put you to work! The "xtremely unemployed" needs to change!
    Cooler Master HAF 942
    Sabertooth X79
    Win7 64
    3960X @ 4805 1.376 v-core
    32GB DDR3 1866 G.SKILL Ripjaws Z
    OCZ RevoDrive 3 series RVD3-FHPX4-120G PCI-E 120GB
    3 X 6T Raid 0 Hitachi Storage
    Themaltake Tough Power 1200
    1 HD 7970

F@H badge by xoqolat

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman View Post
    I'm taking the 5th..and drinking one too!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNE2QnfYcrY
    http://youtu.be/YohZrKJd2r0 - you might need to skip to 4:28
    この世界には 人の運命を司る 何らかの超越的な 〝律〝...... 〝神の手〝が 存在するのだろうか? 少なくとも 人は 自らの意志さえ 自由にはできな

Xtreme Addict
    I talked to Dave on the phone once and had to SELL that much hardware to cover the phone bill!
    i5 2500K @ 4.9GHz+ 8GB G-Skill RipJaws DDR3-2000 @1600Mhz CAS 6 Asus P8P67 Pro CrossFire 6970's @ 950/1450
    Xeon X5677 @ 4.5Ghz 6GB G-Skill RipJaws DDR3-2000 @1600Mhz CAS 7 Gigabyte EX58-UD5 4870x2
    i7-880 @ 4.2Ghz+ (still playing) 4GB G-Skill RipJaws DDR3-2000 @2300Mhz CAS 9 Asus Maximus III Formula MSI Hawk 5770

Quote Originally Posted by WFO View Post
    I can't believe someone hasn't put you to work! The "xtremely unemployed" needs to change!
    Tell me about it... Granted, my biggest problem in that department is my inability to relocate (I moved out here so that my wife could accept a job offer she really wanted). Which leaves me with only a few options: 1) find a remote position of some sort, 2) find something local (which, given the area, is rather unlikely unless I want to fight my way into Lockheed, Northrop, Boeing, or General Atomics...or take a computer repair job at a random Mom & Pop shop), or 3) start another business doing something that isn't what PTS did (due to the purchase contract's non-compete clause not expiring until the start of 2015).

...and I haven't had much luck coming across desirable remote positions, aside from the product design work for Lamptron that I turned down (I had my reasons).

Xtreme Cruncher
    I got the monster, its running naked (no case) I had to run to buy a new licence for windows 7. Windows 8 for some reason didn't install

I love my new computer and I can't thanks Dave enough

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    .................................................. .........................pics!

Xtreme crazy bastid
    I got the monster, its running naked (no case) I had to run to buy a new licence for windows 7. Windows 8 for some reason didn't install

I love my new computer and I can't thanks Dave enough
    So, good things all around then!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast