Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: EK Supremacy

EK Supremacy

At EK's store (http://www.ekwaterblocks.com/shop/), there is a new block listed under CPU Blocks called Supremacy. Eddy or Tibor or anyone who knows can comment on this? Supreme HF CPU Blocks seem to be in low supply at places like PPCs and EK's own store, so could this be the successor... or is it an old model?

Edit: Okay, this is a really new block after all.

Image:

Link:
    http://www.ekwb.com/news/217/19/EK-S...p-water-block/
    Last edited by Beriphent; 06-05-2012 at 07:23 AM.

Xtreme Mentor
    Not finding it.
    CPUID http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=554982
    New DO Stepping http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=555012
    4.8Ghz - http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=794165

Desk Build
    FX8120 @ 4.6Ghz 24/7 / Asus Crosshair V /HD7970/ 8Gb (4x2Gb) Gskill 2133Mhz / Intel 320 160Gb OS Drive, WD 256GB Game Storage

W/C System
    (CPU) Swiftech HD (GPU) EK HD7970 with backplate (RAM) MIPS Ram block (Rad/Pump) 3 x Thermochill 120.3 triple rads and Dual MCP355's with Heatkiller dual top and Cyberdruid Prism res / B*P/Koolance Compression Fittings and Quick Disconnects.

Xtreme Member
    Its on the home page, hover over the "Blocks" drop down tab and then go to cpu blocks, it has a space reserved for the Supremacy, but no actual block or info. Kind of useless to know this unless EK confirms they are working on or are ready to release a new block.

Xtreme Member

Xtreme Enthusiast
    New goodies ! Yeah! when will they be avaible :P ?

I am Xtreme
    I just bought another Supreme HF yesterday. But I do not like the look of this block, so I don't feel bad.

EDIT: It seems they have added this retro styling to all their blocks. I really hope they are going to continue offering the original styling for upcoming blocks. There is no way I'd ever put something like this anywhere near my computer.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ek-fc680-gtx-ca_front_800.jpg 
Views:	5226 
Size:	38.9 KB 
ID:	127336
    Last edited by lowfat; 06-04-2012 at 07:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
    It seems they have added this retro styling to all their blocks. I really hole they are going to continue offering the original styling up upcoming blocks. There is no way I'd ever put something like this anywhere near my computer.
    I believe there's a word for that.. what is it again? Oh yes- "FUGLY!"

If it was a completely flat top i would definitely get this one, but those rings look really ugly imo. The same as some of their newer GPU blocks with lines all over them, i think they should try to keep it simple and stylish instead.

And the fact that the plexi ones are frosted to, i prefer the original polished top.

They have changed RAM, CPU, GPU- blocks and even their reservoirs to this new design!

http://www.ekwb.com/shop/media/catal...p_side_800.jpg
    Last edited by Marcusk; 06-04-2012 at 07:58 AM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Seems to me their design department has seen better days. Not sleek at all.
    ..:Core i7 870///eVGA P55 Classified///VTX3D Radeon 6970///Asus Xonar D2X///16GB F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL///WD 6400AAKS 640Gb///Samsung F2 EcoGreen 1.5TB///Samsung F4 EcoGreen 2TB///Pioneer DVR 216///Seasonic X-series 850///Corsair Obsidian 800D///Logitech G15 rev.1///Logitech G400@Zowie G-TF Spawn///Philips 240SW:..

..:EK Supreme Acetal///Bitspower Black Freezer EIP55NSC///Magicool Pro III///S-Flex E@7v///Laing DDC-1T w/ EK Plexi top///EK Multioption 150:..

Xtreme Member
    I've got the new catalog of EK. You can check it here: http://www.ultimate.bg/EK-Catalogue-CSQ-Design.pdf

P.S. I've uploaded the catalog to my server, because there is a size limitation for the attachments on XS. I hope it's not against the rules.
    Last edited by V I P E R; 06-04-2012 at 08:12 AM.
    .:If It Isn't Broke, Overclock It!:. .:Overclock It Til It Bleeds!:. .:If you can read this, then you aren't "well" Overclocked yet...!!! :.

Xtreme Addict
    WTF? Seems like they are deliberately trying to destroy their own company. The circles make me nauseous
    Sandy Bridge 2500k @ 4.5ghz 1.28v | MSI p67a-gd65 B3 Mobo | Samsung ddr3 8gb |
    Swiftech apogee drive II | Coolgate 120| GTX660ti w/heat killer gpu x| Seasonic x650 PSU

QX9650 @ 4ghz | P5K-E/WIFI-AP Mobo | Hyperx ddr2 1066 4gb | EVGA GTX560ti 448 core FTW @ 900mhz | OCZ 700w Modular PSU |
    DD MC-TDX CPU block | DD Maze5 GPU block | Black Ice Xtreme II 240 Rad | Laing D5 Pump

Banned
    Ugly
    I prefer polished plexi

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Looks like the supremacy is the supreme HF with the new fugly cover. Anyone know if there's actually a difference beyond the top? Looks like it's the same shape through the plexi.

The only thing I saw was that "EK-Supremacy is also the first CPU water block on the market which has been optimized for every modern CPU platform independently with the use of different type of jet plates to ensure the best contact with the CPU integrated heat spreader (IHS). These jet plates of different shape and thickness are enclosed with the product."

So it seems like after settling on JP1, then making JP6, that now they're back to shipping multiple jetplates lol
    Last edited by stren; 06-04-2012 at 11:20 AM.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aliens.jpg 
Views:	4459 
Size:	22.8 KB 
ID:	127344

I like large posteriors and I cannot prevaricate

I've been holding off getting a 670 as I was waiting for the EK blocks to be released. Then I saw this on their website today............

ek-fc680-gtx-np_front_800.jpg

I'm still hoping this is all a big unused April fools joke that a random employee of EK drunkly found over the weekend and thought it would be hilarious for Eddy and team to wake up to monday morning.

c'mon, Opaque plexi thats been stamped by a penny moulding press, you've not even bothered to shape it to the block, thats quite possible the ugliest waterblock I've ever seen, It even worse than the really old koolance blocks with the orange tinted plexi.
    • Intel i7 2600k
    • Asus p8p67 M-Pro
    • 8gb Corsair Dominator DDR3 8-8-8-22
    • MSI GTX 460 756mb SLi
    • Corsair AX850

• EK Supreme HF Nickel
    • EK FC GTX460 x2
    • EK Dominator Nickel Block
    • EK Coolstream 120
    • HW labs GTX M160
    • Laing DDC Ultra

• Silverstone FT03

Xtreme Member
    Having just bought a new ek supreme 2 weeks ago i was upset untill i saw the picture. I don't mind the new metal badge but the rest... ugh.

I do not like.

I am Xtreme
    Seems like a nice high performance block. Might actually beat everything else on the market if their claims are true. I definitely want a different top, though, these circles are a big No-No.
    Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

-100c Club
    Quote Originally Posted by stren View Post
    Looks like the supremacy is the supreme HF with the new fugly cover. Anyone know if there's actually a difference beyond the top? Looks like it's the same shape through the plexi.

The only thing I saw was that "EK-Supremacy is also the first CPU water block on the market which has been optimized for every modern CPU platform independently with the use of different type of jet plates to ensure the best contact with the CPU integrated heat spreader (IHS). These jet plates of different shape and thickness are enclosed with the product."

So it seems like after settling on JP1, then making JP6, that now they're back to shipping multiple jetplates lol
    Please do bother to read the text carefully. The base is completely redesigned. Also we have shipping jet plate of different shapes and thicknesses, a way to optimize the bow on each platform. We've spent a whole lot of time getting the right mount on each block.

http://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-supremacy.html

Xtreme Member
    I don't mean to be rude or anything, but the visual design is not appealing in the least. The plexi version is blurry so the surface of the block is not easily seen, why hide the nickel plating? That is why I bought the Nickel plexi for my GTX 480, confused! Even the plexi doesn't appear the blend in with the block itself, looks cheap. My 2 cents
    Last edited by Systemlord; 06-05-2012 at 02:06 AM.
    * My Case Labs STH10 Build Log *

Computer System:
    CPU = Intel i7 3770K
    MOBO = Asus Maximus V Extreme
    GPU = EVGA GeForce GTX 480 @ 880MHz|1760MHz|4200MHz @ 1.125v
    RAM = 8GB Dominator GT's
    SSD = Samsung 830 Series 256GB
    PSU = SeaSonic X-1250W
    SC = X-Fi Fatality Pro
    CASE = Case Labs STH10
    LCD = NEC MultiSync 1970GX 19"
    OS = Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Watercooling System:
    CPU = EK Supremacy Nickel+Acetal
    GPU = EK FC-480 GTX Nickel+Acetal
    MB = EK-FB Asus M5E Nickel+Acetal
    RES = EK-RES X3 250
    PUMP = Dual Koolance PMP-450's w/ EK-D5 Dual Top CSQ
    RAD = Dual HWLabs SR-1 560's w/Gentle Typhoon 1850rpm Fans
    LIQUID = Distilled Water w/Petra's Pure Silver Killcoil

Xtreme Guru
    Better performance = good. Round ornaments on all of the new EK blocks = bad. Interesting to see note about optimisation via different jetplates for different CPU platforms (i'm guessing it might mean not just shape/width of cuts in jetplate, but maybe also thickness (thus different bow) - some more feedback/info on this detail from vendor needed (tiborr?).
    Pitty that now one needs to choose to go for performance or for looks (thus competitor blocks), and not both in same block. Seeing these rounded ornaments also on new full covers and SLI/CF water bridges that seems "new EK design language", that very probably will be there for very least a year (if negative enough feedback from community recieved), or to stay if neutral (i somehow fail to see chance of positive feedback, or only as minor exception. Imho those round cuts only looked good in backplates at most). Oh why they didn't ask for some feedback from community first before doing such design choices? Bye bye clean lines/shapes of EK, that many liked.
    Tiborr: please consider also making of some replacement tops with no rounded cuts, just EK's logo like in HF.
    Last edited by Church; 06-05-2012 at 02:06 AM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by tiborrr View Post
    Please do bother to read the text carefully. The base is completely redesigned. Also we have shipping jet plate of different shapes and thicknesses, a way to optimize the bow on each platform. We've spent a whole lot of time getting the right mount on each block.

http://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-supremacy.html
    seems like you guys updated the page since I posted that. Now it has some more useful info/claims:

"- better hydraulic performance: due to improved design up to 20% higher flow compared to EK-Supreme HF
    - better cooling performance: up to 2°C lower CPU temperatures compared to EK-Supreme HF"

Guess I'll have to buy one to throw it in my upcoming test with both of DT's blocks and the supreme HF, raystorm and rasa.

If the performance lives up to the hype, maybe people will stomach it's outward appearance
    Last edited by stren; 06-05-2012 at 02:10 AM.

Will you discontinue the "old" sleek blocks without circles on them? You should keep selling them, i think alot of people would prefer a clean looking block over something filled with circles from the 80's.

-100c Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Systemlord View Post
    I don't mean to be rude or anything, but the visual design is not appealing in the least. The plexi version is blurry so the surface of the block is not easily seen, why hide the nickel plating? That is why I bought the Nickel plexi for my GTX 480, confused! Even the plexi doesn't appear the blend in with the block itself, looks cheap. My 2 cents
    I like your tone on these forums much better than what you type on others. Civil and argumented, just like it should be.

@churchy: Beauty is in the eyes of beholder. I see no point in arguing about the looks with anyone.

Full EK CSQ build (EVGA X79 Classy, 7970 crossfire, Corsair Dominator):

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast