Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mayhems Limited Edition MHE Rads

Xtreme Addict

Mayhems Limited Edition MHE Rads

Its been a long time in coming this and some thing we have been working on a while. We have come together with Thermochill to produce a very limited run of heater exchangers or what we all like to call radiators.

We have produced 2 types of rad the MHE240LE and MHE360LE. Both Rads are quad pass based on them Thermochill He series with 1/4 Fitting and tapped. Both the rads are powder coated to a extremely high finish to protect the rads for damage. The rads are of Brass and Copper construction and perform extremely well (tested independently of Mayhems and Thermochill) in comparison to the top Rads out there at the moment. They have 14 FPI are are perfect for fans running at 700 RPM to 1200 RPM.

These rads are produced and made in the UK by Mayhems using licensed Thermochill cores.

Here are a quick pic just for now

More info to follow

Mick
    Last edited by mlwood37; 06-04-2012 at 03:25 AM.
    Mayhems Lastest News -> https://www.facebook.com/Mayhems2009

If you need to direct contact me its michael at mayhems dot co dot uk.

Crunching For The Points! NKrader's Avatar
    powder coat, how thick, will it just scratch off when i breathe too hard on it like the paint on everyother rad?

very cool tho, and good for you

Xtreme Addict
    the truth, see the dents at the bottom of the rad. well i drooped this one when getting out of my car (Face palm moment) and it bounced off the floor and the paint work is still fine . These wont fall apart at the first sign of a scratch .

Quote Originally Posted by mlwood37 View Post
    the truth, see the dents at the bottom of the rad. well i drooped this one when getting out of my car and it bounced off the floor and the paint work is still fine . These wont fall apart at the first sign of a scratch .
    thank god, keep making these until im looking to buy rads again. i hated that about "premium" rads.. look like crap even before you get em fully installed.

Xtreme Addict
    This is gonna kill you.... there called limited for a reason. We only have 60 of them under licence from TC. Its been nothing but hart ache to get these out and i wont be doing them again. With the cost involved the unbelievable small amount of mark up its just not worth the effort you have to put in. I honestly don't know how people compete making hardware like this.

I have more respect for hardware makers of water cooling gear now then i ever did have before i started.

Xtreme Member
    They're looking really good. Promising. The FPI suits my taste.
    Though, I doubt I'll manage to get my hands on one of them...

What's the thickness? 6 cm?
    Last edited by fr0wn3r; 06-04-2012 at 05:19 AM.

Xtreme Cruncher
    This is gonna kill you.... there called limited for a reason. We only have 60 of them under licence from TC. Its been nothing but hart ache to get these out and i wont be doing them again. With the cost involved the unbelievable small amount of mark up its just not worth the effort you have to put in. I honestly don't know how people compete making hardware like this.

I have more respect for hardware makers of water cooling gear now then i ever did have before i started.
    I believe that they have them made in China. That's how they compete. It's a sad reality, IMO.

Regardless, nice work. What's the price point out of curiosity?
    upgrading...

Xtreme Addict
    Were still talking price point atm but we are looking around £70 for the 240mm and £100 for the 360mm. if we can get the price down we will do but we have to account for our loss in making these.

We cannot compete on price with every one else so were not even going to try.
    Last edited by mlwood37; 06-04-2012 at 05:54 AM.

Xtreme Addict
    240mm end to end is 28cm, 6cm hight and weighs 1.207 Kgs with out screws.

I cannot tell you the 360mm atm as its been fitted in a system and ill need to wait till testing is finished.

Quote Originally Posted by meanmoe View Post
    I believe that they have them made in China. That's how they compete.
    arent most rads? appart from aqua computer and the extinct tfc?

Xtreme Addict
    Looks great to me. I'd love the dimensions on the depth of the 3x120, though. Such little space in here.

Xtreme Addict
    The 360 Depth will be 6cm as in thickness. Just cannot measure the length for a few days till testing is completed.

Xtreme Addict
    That might just fit in my system, I need to measure. Trying to edge out any advantages I can.

I am Xtreme
    Mick, are these basically just ThermoChill radiators with a quad-pass design?
    I have a few OG ThermoChill 12.3 (25mm) that I popped the top and bottoms off of and added some brass baffles to, too do the same thing! (Quad pass)

Xtreme Addict
    @AmuseMe Yes mate they are pretty much they same as what you have done except instead we have built them from the ground up. We licensed the original TC core from TC, ordered them in, built the rads, Added the baffle tanks and new threads , then found a powder coater who could do what we needed and not distort the rads in the process.

Yours are 25mm ours are 15mm Fan spacing and we all so changed from the old thread size to the new one that ever ones uses. Each rad has to be tipple checked in the process.

Just tried to check you pics but cannot seem to find them, we all so have demo samples of the 25mm and old style ports as well. We have actually been doing these since the beginning of last year how ever never had the fiancées in place to do a batch run till this year.

Basic plan of how we did it.

I know TC are brining out a new rad in the next week or so that is quad pass as well and all so is produced in the UK too.
    Last edited by mlwood37; 06-05-2012 at 02:20 PM.

I am Xtreme
    @AmuseMe Yes mate they are pretty much they same as what you have done except instead we have built them from the ground up. We licensed the original TC core from TC, ordered them in, built the rads, Added the baffle tanks and new threads , then found a powder coater who could do what we needed and not distort the rads in the process.

Yours are 25mm ours are 15mm Fan spacing and we all so changed from the old thread size to the new one that ever ones uses. Each rad has to be tipple checked in the process.

Just tried to check you pics but cannot seem to find them, we all so have demo samples of the 25mm and old style ports as well. We have actually been doing these since the beginning of last year how ever never had the fiancées in place to do a batch run till this year.

Basic plan of how we did it.

http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/8098/35204995.png

I know TC are brining out a new rad in the next week or so that is quad pass as well and all so is produced in the UK too.
    I moved them around on my photobucket account, so the links are all broken. I'll re-do the links when I find time. I did build a couple radiators from the ground up, four in fact.

Xtreme Addict
    excellent its good fun but the the profit margins are so small. Like i say i have more respect for manufacturers of hardware after this test run as i didn't realise the implications and down right nightmares involved in such tasks.

Ive answered your PM btw.

Xtreme Addict
    oh yes these are real .. Shiny .

Question .. Personally im a bit bemused as they haven't tappend them and thought they would have been tapped. So should i tap them or leave them to the consumer to tap. !!!

Xtreme Member
    oh yes these are real .. Shiny .

Question .. Personally im a bit bemused as they haven't tappend them and thought they would have been tapped. So should i tap them or leave them to the consumer to tap. !!!
    Are you sure the threads didn't just get powder coating in them?

I had to retap my TA120.2 because Thermochill didn't cover the threads before painting.

I would tap them regardless, I would be annoyed if I couldn't instantly mount that radiator for test fitting.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    It would be nice if you tap them, but not crucial to get any negatives because of that. PA's had flux which couldn't be eliminated yet everyone was buying them
    and they consistently received top marks.
    ..:Core i7 870///eVGA P55 Classified///VTX3D Radeon 6970///Asus Xonar D2X///16GB F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL///WD 6400AAKS 640Gb///Samsung F2 EcoGreen 1.5TB///Samsung F4 EcoGreen 2TB///Pioneer DVR 216///Seasonic X-series 850///Corsair Obsidian 800D///Logitech G15 rev.1///Logitech G400@Zowie G-TF Spawn///Philips 240SW:..

..:EK Supreme Acetal///Bitspower Black Freezer EIP55NSC///Magicool Pro III///S-Flex E@7v///Laing DDC-1T w/ EK Plexi top///EK Multioption 150:..

Xtreme Addict
    No defo not tapped they came with self tapping screws.There were supposed to be tapped as said but i can only tap them to M sizes. Im flushing the rads before ppl get them (with ultra pure h20) as i would like to try our best to do this before hand. How ever this is "No" guarantee that they will be perfectly flushed. Any one dealing with this type of rad before will know what im on about.

Im getting a mixed reaction on FB if we should tap them or not.

Mick
    Last edited by mlwood37; 06-15-2012 at 06:43 PM.

Xtreme Member
    Maybe you could let customers to choose tapped or untapped version when ordering?
    Asus Rampage IV Formula X79 | EK-MOSFET ASUS RF4 - Acetal Copper
    Core i7-3630K@4.5GHz 1.4V | EK-Supreme HF - Full Copper
    G.Skill 16GB Quad Kit Ripjaws Z (4x4GB), DDR3 1600MHz, CL 9
    EVGA GTX TITAN SC | EK-FC Titan SE Copper - Plexi Full Cover | EK-FC Titan SE Backplate
    Corsair AX1200i
    Samsung 256gb 830
    Intel SSD 160GB X25-M G2

Technician
    How will you be selling them? If theyre direct from your store then just offer an option to have them tapped to a size of choice at sale . Given theyre a limited run its probably best to have the actual people who buy them decide.

I dont know why anybody would want self tappers though. M4 all the way...

Xtreme Member
    Havent Thermochill always used self tappers though? Pretty sure my old PA used them.

Xtreme Addict
    Yeh they did how ever i hate self tappers. Were offering customer tapped with M4 screws and enough screws for both Push/Pull config.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast