Thread: 3D printers, anyone here do 3D CNC?

Xtreme Addict

3D printers, anyone here do 3D CNC?

I'm interested in these now.
    I didn't used to be but now I am, because I'm studying diff things and polymer's is one of the things I'm interested in.

I was curious, if anyone here knows about 3d printing perhaps you can answer this...
    Are you restricted to a certain kind of polymer, or can you use most anything?
    For ex., vinegar and milk, just a extremely simple example...

A 3d printer I came across for the public was called SeeMeCNC H-1 (this isn't an advert...).
    There's probably a few others out there too.

The idea that you can write something up in cad, take it to another program and convert it for some cnc program and print it out in 3d sounds awesome to me .
    I'm interested in it because I would like to get into rc planes, it would make it more interesting because I could design it in a virtual wind tunnel with x-plane, fly it virtually, then take that data and print out a rc ver.
    I don't know exactly how to do that lol, but I know it's all there to doit.

Last year a friend of mine had an internship with a well-known manufacturer or selective laser sintering machines, his main task was to test many different polymers, so no, you can't use just any polymer you want. At least not for the machines he worked on, although he had access to all the control functions that are locked in the retail machines you can buy as a customer.

Quote Originally Posted by chew* View Post
    You can never have enough D9's.

-150c Club Member
    We have a fairly large section for DIY 3d printers going on at cnczone, check it out.

If you have a cooling question or concern feel free to contact me.