Thread: DOTA 2: Free to Play Confirmed

Xtreme Mentor

DOTA 2: Free to Play Confirmed

"Valve, creators of best-selling game franchises (such as Counter-Strike, Half-Life, Left 4 Dead, Portal, and Team Fortress) and leading technologies (such as Steam and Source), today confirmed that Dota 2 will be free to play and announced the Dota Store in preparation for the game's release."

Hehe dont flame me for the video...
    Coming Soon

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I didn't really like this game, it's too confusing and requires a lot of time.
    Intel Core i7 4770K @ 4.6ghz| Corsair H100i | MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming Edition | 16GB Corsair Vengeance @ 2.4GHZ | eVGA GTX 780 | Creative Sound Blaster ZxR | Samsung 500GB SSD/4TB Storage | LG 14X BLu-Ray Burner | Corsair HX1050 | Corsair Air 540 | Asus VG248QE 144HZ Monitor

Its more complicated at the beginning but after that it tends to be pretty easy. I like what Valve did with Dota 2. Sadly, games in Dota genre are full of idiots or even worse, retards. Don't think I have ever encountered so many disturbed people like in Dota2, and they are pretty much killing any fun in game.

Xtreme Addict
    @video: what's that
    Nice news though
    TRUE Lapped - Intel Core i7 2600k 4,7Ghz - ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 - Nvidia GTX 1080 FE - 16Gb Crucial 2133 Mhz CL9 1,51v - Crucial M4 256Gb - Crucial MX300 1050Gb - Corsair AX850 - Fractal Define R3

Xtremeish
    Quote Originally Posted by CarvedInside View Post
    Its more complicated at the beginning but after that it tends to be pretty easy. I like what Valve did with Dota 2. Sadly, games in Dota genre are full of idiots or even worse, retards. Don't think I have ever encountered so many disturbed people like in Dota2, and they are pretty much killing any fun in game.
    This is so true, I am playing a bit of League of Legends at the moment and the amount of talk is just insane. May astral powers save you if you do something wrong in casual unranked games... I have this scary idea that most of the people playing are ADHD infested 13 year olds that play waaaaaaay too much.

Quote Originally Posted by SubZero.it View Post
    @video: what's that
    Its a Swedish song-dude called Basshunter:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basshunter

The lyrics are fairly stupid and at times nerdyish.
    Last edited by Kallenator; 06-01-2012 at 08:12 AM.
    Aber ja, naturlich Hans nass ist, er steht unter einem Wasserfall - James May
    Hardware: Gigabyte GA-Z87M-D3H, Intel i5 4670k @ 4GHz, Crucial DDR3 BallistiX, Asus GTX 770 DirectCU II, Corsair HX 650W, Samsung 830 256GB, Silverstone Precision -|- Cooling: Noctua NH-C12P SE14

Xtreme Addict
    Honestly, an extraordinary large pile of festering fecal mater would be better for the world than another one of these games.

Valve can megabyte me hard on this one. TF2s free to play, hat infused fail orgy took a balanced enjoyable game and slapped it so hard and all over it so much that its not even recognizeable anymore. Normally I'm one to praise Valve and their efforts but all good things come to an end as they say...

Over the last decade I've learned that taking things into a more mainstream and accessible direction equates itself to dissapointment. I miss the quality respecting communities of old that weren't laiden with headset toating prepubescent 13 year old boys with more rage and confidence issues than an unstable nuclear reactor. There's a reason I tend to be wary of anything online these days but the direction they are steering this obese, socially retarded failboat doesn't inspire confidence in the gaming industry as a whole. Free to play is a novel idea... until you discover you'll soon be surrounded by people who are undoubtedly better off in solitary padded rooms. Mainstream means lowest common denominator... and sadly that happens to be a big pile of .

Oh and pardon my colorfully creative pessimistic cynicism.

PS: DOTA sucks
    PPS: Peanut butter jelley time es.
    Last edited by Chickenfeed; 06-01-2012 at 09:27 AM. Reason: belligerent ranting
    Feedanator 7.0
    CASE:R5|PSU:850G2|CPU:i7 6850K|MB:x99 Ultra|RAM:8x4 2666|GPU:980TI|SSD:BPX256/Evo500|SOUND:2i4/HS8
    LCD:XB271HU|OS:Win10|INPUT:G900/K70 |HS/F:H115i

Xtreme Addict
    Blizzard needs to learn many things from Valve.

DOTA doesn't suck, it just has a stiffer learning curve than say BF3. It's not a game for the crowds.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I love Dota style gameplay, I find it easy enough granted you stick to one character. For me it's the kind of people who converged upon it like flies to shyte that keep me away from Dota. LoL is only half bad, but HoN; oh my god if there was a community that could be called the skinheads of multiplayer; that would be it.

Xtreme Member
    There goes my hope to keep trolls and flamers out that were/are in the beta. This steers me further away from the game, oh well, I should probably be more productive anyhow.
    If anyone is interested in fitness and/or nutrition hit me up if you'd like advice getting your girlish figure back I'm nearing 10 years of experience, how time flies.

Xtreme Member
    Great. Only downside of DotA 2 I can see so far is that the Source engine is 2 generations old and consequently graphics are hardly better than the original. Modern RTSes are much better-looking.
    BTW, what will they sell in the store ? Hats for Dota heroes
    Va fail, dh'oine.

"I am going to hunt down people who have strong opinions on subjects they dont understand " - Dogbert

Always rooting for the underdog ...

Would you like some Pie?
    Addicted to this. Add me on steam if you want to play.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Roadhog
    Xeon W3520 @ 4.0Ghz ~ 3x 7970 ~ 12GB DDR3 ~ Dell U2711

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Tao~ View Post
    Great. Only downside of DotA 2 I can see so far is that the Source engine is 2 generations old and consequently graphics are hardly better than the original. Modern RTSes are much better-looking.
    BTW, what will they sell in the store ? Hats for Dota heroes
    Yes. Hats and all kind of stuff: weapons, armor etc. Only cosmetic, which is great.

Radohog, I just added you

Xtreme Member
    I've never considered this game hard. Only the first few times I played it because I didn't know how the game worked/was played properly. I'm not trying to insult anyone, but I don't find this game "hard" at all. Just a matter of learning the game and the characters. It's not an instant gratification game you can "beat" in one night. It just takes time and patience.

I know a lot of people who started with LoL think Dota is hard in comparison, so maybe I'm just used to the "difficulty"...You just need to play a lot of games and have patience, but hard? no
    Iron Lung 3.0 | Intel Core i7 6800k @ 4ghz | 32gb G.SKILL RIPJAW V DDR4-3200 @16-16-16-36 | ASUS ROG STRIX X99 GAMING + ASUS ROG GeForce GTX 1070 STRIX GAMING | Samsung 960 Pro 512GB + Samsung 840 EVO + 4TB HDD | 55" Samsung KS8000 + 30" Dell u3011 via Displayport - @ 6400x2160

Xtreme Addict
    Depends on who you play with and where you play with them.
    P5E64_Evo/QX9650, 4x X25-E SSD - gimme speed..
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_SmartAss View Post
    Lately there has been a lot of BS(Dave_Graham where are you?)