Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Diablo 3 focus too much on RMAH /rant

Xtreme Member

Diablo 3 focus too much on RMAH /rant

or rather blizzard focus too much on Real Money Auction House. the entire game is based around this pseudo frea to play model where developer gets a cut in the in game item transaction (15% iirc), but still charges u $59.99 to install it.

lets see:
    1. loot sucks, loot is just terrible. u will find little to nothing as far as legendary with 4 to 6 stats rare items. even if u do, the item has to have good stats for its level. otherwise its not gonna sell for crap on the Auction House.

2. crafting sucks just as much if not more. level 60 items cost 50k gold just to craft, not counting the material involve. so u r looking at 70k just to craft an item with completely RANDOM stats. yes its very likely u will spend millions to get an armor anywhere near what u want. not to mention u need to find or buy blacksmith plans on AH, if u want to craft 6+ stats items.

3. they just nerfed monk, wizard, and DH with May 22 patch. the few classes that had success in inferno mode, without ridiculously godly gear. i dont see them buffing any class as that would make farming in inferno too easy, which = less demand/higher supply for auction house. if anything i can see them nerfing more classes.

4. inferno mode is core of RMAH. people will realize grinding hours for 1million gold just to buy that chest armor with +resist all, vit, int, str ... takes way too long. gold comes hard. especially as u reach lvl 55 ~ 60. the cheapest weapon, armor upgrade for my lvl 54 Barb is usually around 100k to 200k. thats just for 1 armor upgrades, and thats not even that much of an upgrade as far as item stats goes. so u can either: 1. grind for gold/items, or 2. quit the game, or 3. pay up.

all in all i had fun with this game while it lasted. i will prolly play other characters until inferno, and wait for price to come down as more and more farmers will be out there farming items, gold for money. i'd say couple weeks after RMAH is out, and after the initial price gouge. many items in the in-game-gold AH will drop in price.

/end rant
    "Thanks for the f-shack. Love, Dirty Mike & The Boys" - from Dirty Mike & The Boys

i took months to do the high end content in d2 (clone, uber and the other hidden bosses.) it dose kind of suck that there are no rune words so that makes it alot harder to get items and there are currently no legendary or set items above lvl60 but there are rare and magic that go almost to lvl70 from act 4 inferno.

the other major problem is that the only way to go through inferno is to use midigation skills and not gear, since armor and resistance are now based on lvls an not the amount of resistance it makes it imposable to mitigate enough damage.

the main item problem that i see is that 1) bosses do not have better drops than random mobs (they even have worse magic find on kill than elite randoms) and 2) there is no way to farm bosses other than belial and he dose not drop over 60 gear in inferno and drops lvl 50-55 in hell so it is worthless to farm him.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Xtreme Member
    pretty much confirmed what i said:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5149013410
    quote from community manager
    The auction house obviously provides an incredible service to allow for very easy trades between characters, and essentially blows out the wide range of items you could have available to you at any one time. So, in fact, the AH has to be a factor in how we drop items. On one hand you have a huge benefit because you can buy and sell items very easily, as opposed to having to post up WTS threads in the old USEast trading forums, but on the other end it does impact the item pool economy with the inherent ease at which you can trade items. If the AH existed but wasn't a factor at all into how items dropped/rolled, the economy would be completely tanked within a matter of weeks.
    more and more games will feature f2p where developer gets a cut in the transaction or selling of in game items. since those items are randomly generated by computers. definitely easier money than developing another game.

my problem with diablo 3 is that its not really a single player game. u will not get pass nightmare without using Auction House (it'd be really hard). why is AH part of the game? u overpay for an item on AH u can have a hard time for a while. why do i have to check AH every now and then to find good deals on an item? instead of actually playing the game

also, they were gonna launch RMAH on 5/15. delayed it to 5/29. now its postponed indefinitely due to too many people's account getting hacked. well they didnt say why, but its pretty obvious that with new "i got hacked" threads popping up every hour or so.
    Last edited by Philip_J_Fry; 05-26-2012 at 07:08 PM.
    "Thanks for the f-shack. Love, Dirty Mike & The Boys" - from Dirty Mike & The Boys

as opposed to having to post up WTS threads in the old USEast trading forums,
    there is the problem right there. US east was not competative and if they used the forum then no wounder why it was never on top of the hidden bosses and why the ladder was so low. i still do not see why they punish people for grouping when you get the same drop rates and xp solo as grouped, you do combine magic and gold find across the party but that is not worth much.

i played d2 for a long time and you ether had to do MDB runs and get lucky or trade to get into hell, and then you still had to grind runes to trade for hell weapons and make gear sets with runes. the only real changes is that you do not get rewarded for running in groups and bosses do not drop .

the other main change is that the economy runs on gold and not high lvl runes and unique rings that have a finite existence number. with a common currency that every1 gets that makes it much easier to trade.

with the hacking, if you join a game then your season ID is viewable by all people in the run when you join. that ID dose not change so people can log into it by spoofing the season ID that they send to the server when they log in so it logs them in it gets you character list instead of theirs. there was a believable tutorial on the official forum a couple days ago.
    Last edited by zanzabar; 05-26-2012 at 08:20 PM.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400

Administrator
    I would like to see that post Zan about session ID's if you can still find it.

I have mobile authenicator set to be required for every login + SMS alerts.
    I have not joined one public game and have 0 people on my fiends list, sad I know LOL.

Yet even with that people are getting hacked some how. At first I did not believe that and the Session ID thing was BS, but a member in a guild I am in was hacked today and pretty much did the same thing as me. Only friends he had on his list were guild mates so he never did a public game.

if they are not logging into you account directly the authenticator will not matter. and i really should have taken a SS but since i do not have one and it was removed i am not down to search for it. i would also assume that once they figure out the schema of the numbers that it is just a matter of probing, or there is always that the blizz servers are messed up. also is there any chance that you friends name and battle tag code were posted publicly.

i am honestly having no fun since the auction house is down and hell act4 is costing me money to run right now since i dont have the gear that i bought that is sitting in the auction stash. the way that resist/armor is reduced when facing enemies of a higher lvl makes using under leveled gear a huge pain, and affter running around in act4 i have to agree more with fry that it seams the real money auction house will end up mandatory once it comes out. maybe i will get far enough that when the real money AH comes out that i can some money back from this game as i dont think it will last like the originals and gw2 is out in a month.

all outta gum
    I wonder when will D3 bots show up. In Diablo 2 most people ran a bot just for themselves, maybe a few pocket change trades - and Blizzard still banned most obvious botters. Now anyone who manages to succesfully run a bot farm will be able to earn tons of money - meaning more people will be interested in creating and maintaining a botting program...
    www.teampclab.pl
    MOA 2009 Poland #2, AMD Black Ops 2010, MOA 2011 Poland #1, MOA 2011 EMEA #12

Test bench: empty

Xtreme Member
    well i was gonna buy the Collector's edition for $40 more. changed my mind and got digital standard edition instead. i suppose now i have $40 more to spare on lvl 60 items. what i will do is level up my other character to 60 and finish hell, and maybe start shopping like 3 months later. according to the in game message, RMAH should launch on 6/12. will be funny to see some farmer asking $100 for some godly sword day 1.

i will probably play maxpayne 3, ghost recon, sins of solar empire and many other games in the next few weeks. if i still give enough of a crap to play this like 3, 6 months later (with torchlight 2, and guild wars 2 sometime this year). i might buy lvl 60 items for like $3. more than $5 i would just pass no matter how good it is. yes i am somewhat cheap :P

Quote Originally Posted by G.Foyle View Post
    I wonder when will D3 bots show up. In Diablo 2 most people ran a bot just for themselves, maybe a few pocket change trades - and Blizzard still banned most obvious botters. Now anyone who manages to succesfully run a bot farm will be able to earn tons of money - meaning more people will be interested in creating and maintaining a botting program...
    yeah they will drive down price, both in game gold and real money.

c[_]
    RMAH? Nah, not going to bother with it.

Diablo 3 kind of sucks.. there's no achievement for sitting through the 20 minutes of credits.

All along the watchtower the watchmen watch the eternal return.

c[_]
    RMAH? Nah, not going to bother with it.

Diablo 3 kind of sucks.. there's no achievement for sitting through the 20 minutes of credits.

Administrator
    Yeah I am a level 36 Bard atm, drops from bosses are like level 26. If I wanted anything more my level I had to go to the AH.
    Nothing worse then a good boss fight and get crap stuff 10 levels below me

Xtreme Member
    i just paid 15,000 for 1H 685 DPS, +100 str, +70 vit lvl 60 spear. pretty sweat deal. most of em are like 700dps for 100k gold atm. my barb needs it... lol this is sad. why do i have to troll AH to advance the game, only 10min tho

Administrator
    Yeah I picked up a dagger on the AH last night thats working out well atm.
    Its just frustrating to get drops so low in level.

Quote Originally Posted by Philip_J_Fry View Post
    i just paid 15,000 for 1H 685 DPS, +100 str, +70 vit lvl 60 spear. pretty sweat deal. most of em are like 700dps for 100k gold atm. my barb needs it... lol this is sad. why do i have to troll AH to advance the game, only 10min tho
    if you were anything but a barb you would have paid alot more than that, for a dex/vit weapon with +dmg to get 650+ dps you are looking at well over 200k and 800+ is 2mil. playing a barb you are using gear that is generally throw away since barbs are so rare. that said if i were to reroll i think barb would be great since the gear is so cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye View Post
    Yeah I picked up a dagger on the AH last night thats working out well atm.
    Its just frustrating to get drops so low in level.
    diablo was always like that, to overcome it you grouped and that raised mob levels so you got better gear, this game it just gives the mobs more stats.

Administrator
    I love playing my Barb, I don't know why they get no respect

But I have not been in Inferno yet so my thoughts might change.

c[_]
    There are dawn 1-hand crossbows (57-67DPS) for DH's going for 100k to 2 mill.. I picked one up last night for 79k. Its non-socketed so kind of sucks, but it was way better than my old stuff..

I love playing my Barb, I don't know why they get no respect

But I have not been in Inferno yet so my thoughts might change.
    i get raped on my monk in inferno. and i do not know about the hate, i was not hating the class just that the items do not sell and are cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by STEvil View Post
    There are dawn 1-hand crossbows (57-67DPS) for DH's going for 100k to 2 mill.. I picked one up last night for 79k. Its non-socketed so kind of sucks, but it was way better than my old stuff..
    are sockets that useful now at low level that you have risk getting hacked to get high level gems in trade.

Administrator
    I know Zan, not you hating Barbs, just reading the forums was all I ment.

c[_]
    anything that gives +vitality is almost a need with how poorly this game is set up..

all outta gum
    Played a bit on A1 hell with my bro witch doctor yesterday. Compared to barb he's killing stuff 3 times faster, but also dying 3 times faster (dies in one hit, I die in 3 hits ). So I'm pretty pleased with my barb too, i just wish his best abilities weren't totally dependent on random number generator
    www.teampclab.pl
    MOA 2009 Poland #2, AMD Black Ops 2010, MOA 2011 Poland #1, MOA 2011 EMEA #12

Test bench: empty

I'm level 59 Monk and have been saving since level 26 to buy some stuff - almost act 4 in Hell and Rare mobs kinda beat the crap out of me. 36k health, 5k DPS, 3k AC atm. I've been putting a lot into my jeweler and blacksmith, what a waste of time on the blacksmith..

Administrator
    Yeah it seems to be a vitality stacking game... again.

I wonder tho, twards end game Int seems to be what you want to add a lot of for resists right ?
    All that is going to do tho is make you click on those monster a super lot to actually kill them which tbh is getting pretty old. I think I am going to kill my mouse and finger playing this game LOL

Xtreme Member
    Im halfway through hell Lvl 55 wizard and bored as hell ....am not playing this anymore for a while , AH got me this far for sure , find a good deal on the AH game feels easier.

Administrator
    One thing I never really understood all that much about the Diablo series is that you play through what is called normal, beat the game and then guess what, play that same game over but at a more difficult setting, then do it again... until you reach level 60 and then what ? start up a new character from a different class.

Yes there are some different twists as you move into higher difficulty settings but ... I don't know.

For me a good example is I finished Normal as a Barb np, only died a few times and that was from the end bosses, once I figured out what they are doing attack wise it was pretty easy. So now I am in Nightmare Act 2 about half way and besides a few twists in what mobs do when attacking it just takes longer to kill them is all.

So there is four levels, Normal, Nightmare, Hell & Inferno. Four times running through the same thing. Its fun and all I guess but now clicking on some mob 100+ times vs 20 in normal is just getting to be a bit to much for me.

I will most likely finish Nightmare on my Barb and then check out what Hell is like but at some point I will start in on another character and finish Normal with that. I don't know after that tbh

Xtreme Member
    So there is four levels, Normal, Nightmare, Hell & Inferno. Four times running through the same thing. Its fun and all I guess but now clicking on some mob 100+ times vs 20 in normal is just getting to be a bit to much for me.
    lol i am on inferno act 1 right now with my barb, and i can literally roflstomp everything besides diablo on hell...on inferno act 1, all the yellow, blue mob feels like a frigging boss fight, and i heard act2 is 5 times harder than act 1, and act 3 is harder than act 2, so on... when u get ganged up as barb on inferno u are pretty much dead.

again back to my 1st post. if i dont drop like 200k to 500k, or a mill for anything. like pants, chest armor, shoulders ... w/e. i dont get an upgrade. as far as vitality, str, resist all's concern.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast