Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Diablo 3 focus too much on RMAH /rant

SLC
    It's just unbalanced right now. Melee classes are too weak. I am soloing act 3 inferno right now with my DH. Slowly but surely. The drops there sell for 100k-1mil. Up to 40kdps now without any passives.

all outta gum
    Did you guys see this?
    Diablo III Design Update

A quote:
    Inferno is intended to be extremely difficult, but with some specific skills, a few classes were simply able to progress far more easily than intended. This made the classes, which were about where they were supposed to be, seem very underpowered. It also created the perception that the classes doing well were intended to rely on specific runes in all their builds, and the other classes were just broken. This is the opposite of what’s true. If any single skill or rune feels absolutely required to progress, it means that skill is working against our goal of encouraging build diversity -- and those “required” skills need to be corrected
    So they consider Barbarian to be "where he is supposed to be", but at the same time Barbs viability in Hell and up is 100% depenent on Revenge with "Best served cold" rune, so this "“required” skill needs to be corrected". TBH everything above normal difficulty in this game is just an example of bad design, and they apparently intend to break it even more. Some build is viable without tons of expensive gear? nerf it until it requires money...
    www.teampclab.pl
    MOA 2009 Poland #2, AMD Black Ops 2010, MOA 2011 Poland #1, MOA 2011 EMEA #12

Test bench: empty

Quote Originally Posted by G.Foyle View Post
    Did you guys see this?
    Diablo III Design Update

A quote:

So they consider Barbarian to be "where he is supposed to be", but at the same time Barbs viability in Hell and up is 100% depenent on Revenge with "Best served cold" rune, so this "“required” skill needs to be corrected". TBH everything above normal difficulty in this game is just an example of bad design, and they apparently intend to break it even more. Some build is viable without tons of expensive gear? nerf it until it requires money...
    when was the last time any RPG had build diversity that was not due to redundancy. but as a melee class it seams that i cannot do anything in hell or inferno without the invulnerability and then it is just run away until it comes back up then go and fight. with desiccators, or plague or arcane or fire chains i cannot do anything to them as i get insta gibed, they need to let melee do something since we cannot kite, it needs to be having resist not be changed by level difference or something as most elites are basically unkillable no matter what the build without going for a gimmick, and they keep hot fixing those.

i am not expecting to beat inferno the 1st month or even the second but when the gear only drops in inferno and grouping gets you the same gear as solo there is just no way to get geared as a melee unless you just kill all the normals and run with a ranged that dose all the real work. the bosses are fine, the mob levles of normals are fine but the elite bonuses are not balanced at all, even having the elites explode after death is BS since you get body blocked unless you are ranged and they never do anything to punish range other than vortex and waller (but those are still kiteable.)
    Last edited by zanzabar; 05-28-2012 at 02:31 PM.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

c[_]
    Quote Originally Posted by G.Foyle View Post
    Did you guys see this?
    Diablo III Design Update

A quote:

Blizzard couldnt balance a brick on the ground these days.

Their fix is to nerf everything.

All along the watchtower the watchmen watch the eternal return.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    The more I play D3 the more I realise that it just isn't fun anymore. Somewhere after 2001 they've managed to lose every designer that were genuine gamers & replaced them with corporate stooges. Runic games has all the talent now it seems.

The problem they're having is they went too high, too many zero's in the stats, too much WoW bleed-in and not enough D1/D2 fun. People going for 50k or 100k of this stat or other is overkill. Walls that certain classes hit on certain difficulties are a sign they didn't test it properly. It's a balance issue and the AH has done nothing to stop the economy being messed up. Crafting has become defunct, Gems are not worth the cost to "upgrade" & followers are about as much use as a car with square wheels. They can't even allow you to see over 46 pages of AH, can't sort by end time or bid, limited to 3 stat choices in the search & it's pretty much the only way to finish the game because the drops often suck.

Absurd limitations like 4 players per game, PvP not even ready on launch, really bad server up time in first week of launch (several bouts of 3+ hours of downtime in EU), lag, hacking, there's a trainer for D3 as well.

Xtreme Member
    yeah not to mention the session id hacking... sc2 was a decent game at launch. sure it wasnt quite balance (terran being op at launch). still it didnt have all these issues that people are having with diablo 3.

like i said they focus on RMAH to cash in big. (Sales - $1) x 0.85 = farmer's profit, if u want to move that money to paypal. this encourages people to sell high price items. as u r only making couple cents if u sell an item for $1.25, the minimum bid.
    all the issues like hacking, always online to play a frigging single player game, farming... w/e, are caused by RMAH. who would hack ur account if it were single player game? there would be a lot less hacking as there are no monetary gain. i bought this b/c sc, bw and sc2 were well polished, but this is looking more like a mess now. btw, server maintenance, cant play until 11PM PDT.
    Last edited by Philip_J_Fry; 05-29-2012 at 08:44 AM.
    "Thanks for the f-shack. Love, Dirty Mike & The Boys" - from Dirty Mike & The Boys

all outta gum
    I'm back to League of Legends. Will try Diablo again in a month and see how it goes. Maybe it needs 3 years of patches to become good, like Diablo 2 did?
    www.teampclab.pl
    MOA 2009 Poland #2, AMD Black Ops 2010, MOA 2011 Poland #1, MOA 2011 EMEA #12

Test bench: empty

Xtreme Addict
    After reading through this thread, I'm feeling a bit nostalgic for some D2. My bro bought this game for the full retail price, and I've seen him play it 3 times now, I asked him why he's not playing it more and he replied that it's "boring". I'm glad I didn't buy the game, maybe it's an age thing, when I was playing D2:LOD I was probably 14-15 years old, and I was GLUED to that game, I had 2 main accounts with each character and a couple of MF sorceress and the rest were mules. D2 was a masterpiece, this game is a fail just like SC2 is. They'll probably kill this game like they did with War3 to get people to move towards WOW.
    Quote Originally Posted by nn_step
    Well CPUs are like women they all like things specific ways for them.. Some love 8x and others Love 9x or 7x.. they all just have their G-Spot and you have to learn to use it..
    Quote Originally Posted by nn_step View Post
    He should have given up his nuts too. Since clearly anyone that wants any Apple product that bad, Should NOT ever breed.
    q6600 @ 2.6
    EVGA 680i
    OCZ fatal1ty ddr2 800
    8800gt SLI
    watercooled

Xtreme Addict
    In defense of Diablo 3, D2 wasn't what it is now when it launched. I don't feel the game is flawed but it could have seriously benifited from expanded closed testing for the sake of balancing. These kind of games tend to have end game as a goal and if things fall appart there, there isn't much to stay around for. I've found D3 does a fair few things quite well that D2 did poorly but at the same time Blizzard could have taken a few more pages from D2s book. The thing that made D2 a chore personally was that fact everyone resorted to boss farming with cookie cutter setups. The notion of kiling random elite and mini boss mobs is more appealing to me personally. It keeps things interesting and clearly more difficult. Killing Mephisto for the 10000 time using blizzard kind of gets old... If Diablo 2 didn't introduce runewords and treated loot and elite monsters like D3, it would have been an even better game ( honestly things went downhill with runewords; the enigma in particular ruined the game )

We shall see how things pan out once PVP is added to the game. In that regard hopefully it isn't the disaster that D2 was... where RPGs are concerned I'm not a PVP fan myself. I stick to the shooters for instant gratification where you can do well despite not having played for 100s of hours. I'm sure Blizzard are chomping at the bit to get the auction house in order so PVP gives people reasons to burn money on oneupmanship.
    Last edited by Chickenfeed; 05-31-2012 at 06:58 AM.
    Feedanator 7.0
    CASE:R5|PSU:850G2|CPU:i7 6850K|MB:x99 Ultra|RAM:8x4 2666|GPU:980TI|SSD:BPX256/Evo500|SOUND:2i4/HS8
    LCD:XB271HU|OS:Win10|INPUT:G900/K70 |HS/F:H115i

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickenfeed View Post
    The notion of kiling random elite and mini boss mobs is more appealing to me personally. It keeps things interesting and clearly more difficult.
    those random mini bosses are really tough in the later runs. im on act 1 under hell at lvl 54, and i had to drop the bonus stats for more damage/survival ones.

however i must say i love the way you get to custom build you character when using Elective Mode. i wish WoW used the same idea.
    2500k @ 4900mhz - Asus Maxiums IV Gene Z - Swiftech Apogee LP
    GTX 680 @ +170 (1267mhz) / +300 (3305mhz) - EK 680 FC EN/Acteal
    Swiftech MCR320 Drive @ 1300rpms - 3x GT 1850s @ 1150rpms
    XS Build Log for: My Latest Custom Case

Administrator
    Was playing my Monk last night for a little bit and before I went to bed I thought I would just take a peek at the AH and see what new weapons I might think about getting.

I am only level 16 so nothing is really all that important at this time as far as upgrades go.

I had a few minutes today and double checked what I saw last night.
    I set the AH for level 16 - 16 items and show any.

This is what I found, yup 46 pages of Rabid Strike with slightly different stats but I think you can get an idea on what is going on.

i think that the monk weapons are lvl 14 and 18, not 16. so since the legendary is the only thing there that is all that shows. also always set a buyout the AH cannot dispaly more than 40-50 pages and it will almost always find expensive 1st but that dose not mean better.

and for your pre lvl60 weapons always get a socket so you can put a ruby in it, if you do not have an alt that can get good ones pm me and i will give you a square or a radiant, since they do me no good and i cannot sell them right now. i do make a nice amount selling lower level 2 and 3 socket pants/chest with gems in them (as you cannot buy gems) but they do not make more than a lvl 50+
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400

Xtreme Addict
    My concern with gems as they stand is often there are non socketed items with better stats after taking geming into account. Also the upgrade costs are completely out to lunch. My suggestion would be for them to require jewel crafting pages, tombs ect as a requirement for upgrading instead of gold. It would both increase the demand and value of the plans and also make upgrades more obtainable to new players.

It would also be nice to have an opiton to socket items perhaps through the blacksmith using blacksmithing reagents. These 2 changes would make jewel crafting much more desireable and potentially lucrative.

Unforunately Blizzard are likely to take a wait and see approach to the games economy. I still think these changes would be posistive in the long run.
    Last edited by Chickenfeed; 05-31-2012 at 12:03 PM.
    Feedanator 7.0
    CASE:R5|PSU:850G2|CPU:i7 6850K|MB:x99 Ultra|RAM:8x4 2666|GPU:980TI|SSD:BPX256/Evo500|SOUND:2i4/HS8

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by zanzabar View Post
    i think that the monk weapons are lvl 14 and 18, not 16. so since the legendary is the only thing there that is all that shows. also always set a buyout the AH cannot dispaly more than 40-50 pages and it will almost always find expensive 1st but that dose not mean better.
    I did not know that about the level range, I will check that out thanks.

Gems I have plenty of that my Barb gets, hes only level 38 so I am still working on raising Gem crafting up a bit. Thanks for the offer tho !

I am Xtreme
    i sunk over 100k gold into blacksmithing and could only make stuff lvl 25ish, i was over lvl 50 at the time.
    im actually pretty good about making gold too. i only buy stuff on the AH thats cheap and decent, but then later try to sell it for more than i paid. never DE gear for BS matts, i just vendor or AH them. so how can i possibly be able to keep my BS skill up to where i should for my level?

i think they should have ways for people to modify the stats on gear so its not such a pain to find the one perfect item. or it will let the AH have a whole ton less crappy gear. being able to search on only 3 stats is a joke when most have 6 stats.

and for the love of god let people choose how long to AH their gear should stay on the AH, the 10 limit sucks when 2 days of game time means you fill up every slot you have. almost all my auctions that do sell are sold within 2 hours, some withing 12, almost none for the next 36 hours. or let people end an auction as long as no bids have been placed.

Xtreme Addict
    I never played Diablo III and never will because I don't support schemes like this auction house.

starting today auctions are 36h

Quote Originally Posted by El Maņo View Post
    I never played Diablo III and never will because I don't support schemes like this auction house.
    if you do not like the real money scheme you could play in asia. they get not that bad of ping and will never have a real money AH. then the america and EU auction houses may never open as well since the AH is broken and the goverments want to tax it and in the EU add vat to every transaction.

Xtreme Addict
    I just don't want to suppor the whole thing, so I won't buy it. Buying it means to agree, to agree with the whole game, either you play it or not.
    I sayed it before just because this is a forum and I too wanted to state my opinion, but it wasn't my intention to hijack the thread. if people want to support the situation depicted by Philip_J_Fry, then go ahead, be my guest
    I don't want games to be like this so I won't buy it

Quote Originally Posted by El Maņo View Post
    I just don't want to suppor the whole thing, so I won't buy it. Buying it means to agree, to agree with the whole game, either you play it or not.
    I sayed it before just because this is a forum and I too wanted to state my opinion, but it wasn't my intention to hijack the thread. if people want to support the situation depicted by Philip_J_Fry, then go ahead, be my guest
    I don't want games to be like this so I won't buy it
    good point.

Xtreme Member
    i am not against in game gold auction house. i think its a great way for gamers to exchange in game items, but the problem is the real money auction house, and how the loots, crafted items are MMO-like/rare.

http://www.gamefront.com/blizzard-ta...ouse-proceeds/

this summarize the RMAH pretty well. blizzard gets: 15% on commodities, $1 per transaction on armors and weapons, 15% when you move your money to paypal, or you could move that money to your blizzard wallet and spend it on their products ...

the guy in the comment section has a point. blizzard employees could be the one selling the rare items on the RMAH. no one will get rich out of this but blizzard.

also i have been hearing WOW players saying how this game is cheap due to not having subscription fee ($155 for WOW). thats the money they will use to spend on RMAH. i can see someone paying $50 for some godly gear... personally i will just level all 5 characters to 60 and clear inferno act 1 without using RMAH to get the most out of my $60. the game is fun until inferno act 2.
    "Thanks for the f-shack. Love, Dirty Mike & The Boys" - from Dirty Mike & The Boys

Quote Originally Posted by Philip_J_Fry View Post
    i am not against in game gold auction house. i think its a great way for gamers to exchange in game items, but the problem is the real money auction house, and how the loots, crafted items are MMO-like/rare.

http://www.gamefront.com/blizzard-ta...ouse-proceeds/

this summarize the RMAH pretty well. blizzard gets: 15% on commodities, $1 per transaction on armors and weapons, 15% when you move your money to paypal, or you could move that money to your blizzard wallet and spend it on their products ...

the guy in the comment section has a point. blizzard employees could be the one selling the rare items on the RMAH. no one will get rich out of this but blizzard.

also i have been hearing WOW players saying how this game is cheap due to not having subscription fee ($155 for WOW). thats the money they will use to spend on RMAH. i can see someone paying $50 for some godly gear... personally i will just level all 5 characters to 60 and clear inferno act 1 without using RMAH to get the most out of my $60. the game is fun until inferno act 2.
    i had thought that blizz was down to 15% on auctions only when it launched in the info. and i would like to see them just have money to gold and that is it. that way if you are out side the US or euro zone you do not get screwed with nothing available.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    You guys know the point to the game is to farm entire acts and not just bosses right? The more rares and elites you kill, the more good loot you get.

There are also events and gold chests to find that yield decent loot.

Also, I find setting the max buyout price to 30-40k helps alot.
    emptiness

Xtreme Addict
    The appeal of the crafting system doesn't really come to light on your first character. Once you level it substantailly and start making additional characters ( assuming you have some materials and gold laying around ) its utility can be appreciated. You have to look at it as a long term investment. There is some decent end game stuff that can be made as well but until/if you put a dent in inferno, its mostly off limits unfortunately.

I've tended to break down all the items I didn't try to auction and I have a substantial amount of nightmare level materials in particular ( like 800 essences )

Like it or not though, the real money auction house has its place. In case you didn't notice D2 had a thriving online market for buying items. Blizzard just want to legitimize the process... as well as racking in a few dollars for themselves of course. Having all the competition in one place will hopefully keep prices lower but I fully expect alot of websites to operate independantly of the auction system despite this as they can undercut by not giving a blizzard a piece of the action.

The only foreseable issue I see with this is severe surplus down the road. Unless they implement some checks and bounds, in a few years time the auction house will be full of penny items for all but the most sought after perfect rolls. Their 10 item limit per account and 36 hour auction times are an attempt to reduce the effect of this but as long as there is a substantial player base, it is an inevitable issue. Diablo 2s ability to have multiple accounts free of charge as well as the games low cost over the last few years made this a problem so perhaps Blizzard are banking on Diablo 3s limitations to keep things in line... but I doubt it honestly.

Although I didn't like the ladder system for its restrictions, having a full economy reset every year or so kept the game fresh and for those who wanted to cling to their past characters they could continue to play non ladder. Obviously this couldn't work for Diablo 3 unless they had separate auction houses for both systems.
    Last edited by Chickenfeed; 06-01-2012 at 06:32 AM.
    Feedanator 7.0

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by zanzabar View Post
    i had thought that blizz was down to 15% on auctions only when it launched in the info. and i would like to see them just have money to gold and that is it. that way if you are out side the US or euro zone you do not get screwed with nothing available.
    i dont want even that. lets imagine the price for gold is so cheap that many people buy it that way. then all the costs for items goes up because people bought to much gold. it would just cause inflation, making it suck for people who dont buy their gold.

its the same reason you dont just print unlimited amounts of money, because it devalues everyone else already earned money

Xtreme Addict
    Unfortunately Blizzard plan to allow the sale of gold for real money which as you said, will surely cause problems. If they kept it at items only I could live with that but mixing the 2 crosses the line and will only muddle up the economy even more so.
    Feedanator 7.0

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast