Thread: x79 Phase Cooling

Xtreme Addict

x79 Phase Cooling

Is there much of it going on? I tried to search and didnt find much other than sb-e hating the cold. Also how are you mounting? I know x79 has same dimensions at x58 but it uses rods instead of going through the mobo, so in essence my SS only has 1366 but i could find some rods to screw in place and use that to mount??
    i9-10900k@5.3ghz//MSI MEG z490 Unify//32GB Gskill TridentZ b.die@DDR4666//RTX 2080ti(+150/+700) kingpin bios//Samsung 970 Pro//Corsair AX1200i
    Custom Loop: Dual DDCs->Dual EK XE360 w/GT's -> HK IV CPU -> HK IV GPU ->EK X3 Res controlled by Aquaero 6

skibum
    Quote Originally Posted by Circaflex View Post
    Is there much of it going on? I tried to search and didnt find much other than sb-e hating the cold. Also how are you mounting? I know x79 has same dimensions at x58 but it uses rods instead of going through the mobo, so in essence my SS only has 1366 but i could find some rods to screw in place and use that to mount??
    You could always get a board like the ASUS Rampage IV Formula . It has what they call an X-Socket. This enables you to swap out the CPU bracket around a LGA2011 board with one that is designed for an LGA1366 cooler. You could use your chiller as is.