Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thermaltake WATER2.0 Performer Review

Quote Originally Posted by Splave View Post
    ^its all good I think people see your post count and expect you are thermaltake employee is all happens
    Ahh I see nope just reviewing the sample. I am a member of the TPU Crunching/Folding teams and have been there for a long time along with anandtech/hardforums. I have had an account here for a while but have not posted much. I need to get more involved with this community as well. Great people here!
    Beat Tha Heat!!!
    Crunchers/F@H for ChimpPowerUp!
    AMD Athlon X4 630 (@3.5ghz) || Gigabyte 880G || 2x2GB DDR3 Mushkin || Enermax Liberty 500W
    AMD Phenom II 940 BE (@ STOCK) || Asus M3A78-CM || 2x2GB DDR2 Corsair || Rocketfish 700W
    AMD 1055T (@3.5GHZ) || MSI K9A2 Platinum || 2x1GB DDR2 Crucial || Ultra VX-700W (OFFLINE)
    Intel I7-2600K (@4.5Ghz) || Gigabyte P67A-UD4 (B2) || 2x2GB DDR3 Corsair XMS3 || Corsair TX550M

Xtreme Addict
    but i see now...

have the same pump of the first gen of liquid all in one cooler.

the A80 have different pump...

confused at all...

and i repeat.. the only problem is the pump noise....

try to search on youtube "corsair pump noise" "antec pump noise"

Administrator
    I have a much earlyer sample of one of these, from last year version 1.0 I think it was and this looks like a much improved version.

Are the hoses on this unit flexable ? They look like rubber hoses to me.

I know the pumps on these are much improved and I also like the size of the rad. In many of builds fans that make no noise are not a concern as I often replace them with 150cfm's LOL.

@Andrea, I guess I haven't had the pump noise issue that you talked about. I have prolly used several hundred H100's and not one has had issues. Maybe what ever was making that nose has been worked out and they don't do that anymore, I don't know.

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea deluxe View Post
    but i see now...

have the same pump of the first gen of liquid all in one cooler.

the A80 have different pump...

confused at all...

and i repeat.. the only problem is the pump noise....

try to search on youtube "corsair pump noise" "antec pump noise"
    The pump on my Corsair H100 was ridiculously loud for the first 15 minutes I had it on and then the noise just stopped. I thought it stopped working. But it's been silent ever since. The Corsair fans that come with it are LOUD though. My Corsair H70 has been silent since the moment I turned it on. I think a big advantage in these Tt kits will be the fans. Tt has always made nice quiet high pressure fans.

I'd love to get my hands on a Tt Water 2.0 Extreme to compare to my Corsair H100 on my de-lidded 3770k.
    STARSCREAM
    3570k @ 4.6 GHz | Asus P8Z77-V LK | G.Skill F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM | ASUS GeForce GTX550 Ti
    Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB | Corsair Force GT 120GB | SK hynix 128GB | Samsung 830 64GB
    WD Black 640GB (3) | Seagate 7200rpm 1TB | Dell Perc H310 xflashed to LSI 9211-8i
    Corsair AX750 | CoolerMaster Hyper 212 | Antec P280 | Dell Ultrasharp U2410 | BenQ XL2420T
    ROCCAT Savu | Filco Majestouch-2 TKL w/Cherry MX Reds
    MEGATRON
    3770k @ 4.5GHz | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM
    SK hynix 128GB | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 60GB | WD Red 3TB (4) | Seagate 7200rpm 3TB (2)
    WD Green 2TB (3) | Seagate 7200rpm 1TB | Dell Perc H310 xflashed to LSI 9211-8i (2)
    Corsair AX650 | Corsair H80i

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye View Post
    I have a much earlyer sample of one of these, from last year version 1.0 I think it was and this looks like a much improved version.

Are the hoses on this unit flexable ? They look like rubber hoses to me.

I know the pumps on these are much improved and I also like the size of the rad. In many of builds fans that make no noise are not a concern as I often replace them with 150cfm's LOL.

@Andrea, I guess I haven't had the pump noise issue that you talked about. I have prolly used several hundred H100's and not one has had issues. Maybe what ever was making that nose has been worked out and they don't do that anymore, I don't know.
    Yes the hoses are fully rubber and were the attach to the pump is on a swivel tube so you can maneuver the hoses in a almost 180 degree direction side to side for easier fitting into tighter cases.

Quote Originally Posted by itznfb View Post
    The pump on my Corsair H100 was ridiculously loud for the first 15 minutes I had it on and then the noise just stopped. I thought it stopped working. But it's been silent ever since. The Corsair fans that come with it are LOUD though. My Corsair H70 has been silent since the moment I turned it on. I think a big advantage in these Tt kits will be the fans. Tt has always made nice quiet high pressure fans.

I'd love to get my hands on a Tt Water 2.0 Extreme to compare to my Corsair H100 on my de-lidded 3770k.
    Yes I would love to see those comparisons as well! They both look like great units. I have been thinking of a H100 or WATER2.0 Extreme for my main rig for a while but haven't really pulled the trigger on it yet.
    Beat Tha Heat!!!
    AMD Athlon X4 630 (@3.5ghz) || Gigabyte 880G || 2x2GB DDR3 Mushkin || Enermax Liberty 500W
    AMD Phenom II 940 BE (@ STOCK) || Asus M3A78-CM || 2x2GB DDR2 Corsair || Rocketfish 700W
    AMD 1055T (@3.5GHZ) || MSI K9A2 Platinum || 2x1GB DDR2 Crucial || Ultra VX-700W (OFFLINE)
    Intel I7-2600K (@4.5Ghz) || Gigabyte P67A-UD4 (B2) || 2x2GB DDR3 Corsair XMS3 || Corsair TX550M

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye View Post
    I often replace them with 150cfm's LOL.
    Like living inside of a jet engine...
    STARSCREAM
    3570k @ 4.6 GHz | Asus P8Z77-V LK | G.Skill F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM | ASUS GeForce GTX550 Ti
    Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB | Corsair Force GT 120GB | SK hynix 128GB | Samsung 830 64GB
    WD Black 640GB (3) | Seagate 7200rpm 1TB | Dell Perc H310 xflashed to LSI 9211-8i
    Corsair AX750 | CoolerMaster Hyper 212 | Antec P280 | Dell Ultrasharp U2410 | BenQ XL2420T
    ROCCAT Savu | Filco Majestouch-2 TKL w/Cherry MX Reds
    MEGATRON
    3770k @ 4.5GHz | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM
    SK hynix 128GB | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 60GB | WD Red 3TB (4) | Seagate 7200rpm 3TB (2)
    WD Green 2TB (3) | Seagate 7200rpm 1TB | Dell Perc H310 xflashed to LSI 9211-8i (2)
    Corsair AX650 | Corsair H80i

Quote Originally Posted by itznfb View Post
    Like living inside of a jet engine...
    LOL I tried this once with a 256CFM delta 120mm and...... well... let the video show you....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=927TEqvthFY
    Beat Tha Heat!!!

Administrator
    Yeah they are loud LOL
    I have had 250cfm fans here also on a Mega Shadow, didn't help much. In my tests going more then 150cfm didn't make any dif either.
    If I strap on 4x 150cfm fans in push pull on a H100 it can handle some pretty heavy loads.

Here's my 250cfm
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6ao4...ure=plpp_video

But back to Tt.
    These units look pretty good for what they do. It looks like the Rad + Fans might be a little bigger than a Corsair unit so that might affect how you might them in some cases.

I am Xtreme
    Bottom line is: Regardless of WHAT the guy was reviewing, he took the time to write out a thoughtful review and deserves a certain level of respect for doing so. The issue is not Thermaltake but instead how the OP was treated. If you guys are going to flame someone at least don't be amateurs about it (on another forum I frequent people know how to properly barbecue someone but at least their they threat their honest members with respect).
    "Thing is, I no longer consider you a member but, rather a parasite...one that should be expunged."

Xtreme Addict
    On that other forum they all so do not have any respect for any one and flame "EVERY" manufacturer and Every one so every thing they say is null and void. In fact they are the biggest laughing stock of the Wcing world. The only people who know any thing get let down by the rest of the drull dribble that gets posted and TBH its like watching a bunch of lost sheep waiting for the sheep dog herder to come along and herd you all back into some sort mass horde which is a dammed shame as there are some excellent and knowledgeable users there as well.

But total agree with the rest of your comments.
    Mayhems Lastest News -> https://www.facebook.com/Mayhems2009

If you need to direct contact me its michael at mayhems dot co dot uk.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthBeavis View Post
    Bottom line is: Regardless of WHAT the guy was reviewing, he took the time to write out a thoughtful review and deserves a certain level of respect for doing so. The issue is not Thermaltake but instead how the OP was treated. If you guys are going to flame someone at least don't be amateurs about it (on another forum I frequent people know how to properly barbecue someone but at least their they threat their honest members with respect).
    This^^

The arrogance of some on this site is truly amazing,i can see why its in decline......
    SR-2-2x X5650 Xeons-3x 670 FTW-1x 120Gb Force GT-1x 240Gb Force GT-1tb WD Green-12Gb Dom GT 1866-Platimax 1500w-2x HK3-2xD5-24v controller-3x RX 480's-3x NiBlk HK GPU blocks-Koolance tops-BP res-15x SP120's-Little Devil V8.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by mlwood37 View Post
    On that other forum they all so do not have any respect for any one and flame "EVERY" manufacturer and Every one so every thing they say is null and void. In fact they are the biggest laughing stock of the Wcing world. The only people who know any thing get let down by the rest of the drull dribble that gets posted and TBH its like watching a bunch of lost sheep waiting for the sheep dog herder to come along and herd you all back into some sort mass horde which is a dammed shame as there are some excellent and knowledgeable users there as well.

But total agree with the rest of your comments.
    I was referring to how they treat their own. Not vendors, not outsiders. I have been on both sides of that fence. The OP is a member here who has done nothing wrong and did not deserve the crap he got from the two members who attacked him. If you want to attack people and have leeway to be rough then there are other places for it
    "Thing is, I no longer consider you a member but, rather a parasite...one that should be expunged."

I am Xtreme
    XS needs to install one of these to catch some of these off-track posts
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=-IrlhLF1c3k

Xtreme Addict
    Fair enough but yes i do agree the op should have not been attacked in the way he was and his points are valid how ever there are trolls about and every one is a victim of them. Seemingly these posts have been caught now but the "ref" to them have not.
    Mayhems Lastest News -> https://www.facebook.com/Mayhems2009

If you need to direct contact me its michael at mayhems dot co dot uk.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterlogged View Post
    Agree with everything that nik said that was quoted.

Really disappointed Tt came out with these after their so called call for help in their own sub section here and we told them to get away from these type units. Guess they weren't as serious about changing as they told us.
    I am serious about what I asked and a company does not just jump in head first into high end LCS market it takes alot of time and research and working with some of the best companies to ensure we head the right direction.

It also includes working with many educated enthusiasts such as you as we spke in the other thread somewhat at length about higher end LCS.

The water 2.0 product is more of a small step in the right direction and turning around how you guys see our LCS lineup.

I would never expect someone who is a seasoned builder to use this in their showcase rig, but for the every day gaming rig that your using to just pont through games this is more than enough and performs rather well as you will see from the feedback we have gotten from outside testing.

This product IS NOT designed to compete with a high end DIY liquid cooler. its designed to be easy to use and quick install that will blow away pretty much anything you can put on air, and do it while being quiet as well.

If you do not like the product you do not have to buy it, but please at least look at the results before just assuming things about a product. that goes a long way.

Thank you to everyone who looked at the product for "what it is" and not for "what it is not"

also pump noise has been pretty much non existent from my own testing but I will let the community guys tell you how they feel about them
    Last edited by Buckeye; 05-25-2012 at 10:06 AM.

I am Xtreme
    I know of one TT employee (a newer hire who is leading the charge to improve their products) who is a serious LN2 over-clocker. That to me means he understands what we are going for and has credibility. I was one of the strongest opponents to TT here . . .go back and read my posts over the last several years. They knew that and sought me out for advice knowing my position on their products.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthBeavis View Post
    I know of one TT employee (a newer hire who is leading the charge to improve their products) who is a serious LN2 over-clocker. That to me means he understands what we are going for and has credibility. I was one of the strongest opponents to TT here . . .go back and read my posts over the last several years. They knew that and sought me out for advice knowing my position on their products.
    well if we wanna make sure our product gets better... gotta make sure someone who is already most critical of our product likes the direction

Xtreme Addict
    Moral of the thread;

brandon you're a champ.

Looking forward to your next review!

-PB
    -Project Sakura-
    Intel i7 860 @ 4.0Ghz, Asus Maximus III Formula, 8GB G-Skill Ripjaws X F3 (@ 1600Mhz), 2x GTX 295 Quad SLI
    2x 120GB OCZ Vertex 2 RAID 0, OCZ ZX 1000W, NZXT Phantom (Pink), Dell SX2210T Touch Screen, Windows 8.1 Pro

Koolance RP-401X2 1.1 (w/ Swiftech MCP35X), XSPC EX420, XSPC X-Flow 240, DT Sniper, EK-FC 295s (w/ RAM Blocks), Enzotech M3F Mosfet+NB/SB

Quote Originally Posted by paulbagz View Post
    Moral of the thread;

brandon you're a champ.

Looking forward to your next review!

-PB
    You guys over here at this forum need a thanks button cause I would be spamming it with all the positive comments! THANKS GUYS!
    Beat Tha Heat!!!

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonwh64 View Post
    You guys over here at this forum need a thanks button cause I would be spamming it with all the positive comments! THANKS GUYS!
    We used to have one, but the XS Gods took that power from us

-PB
    -Project Sakura-
    Intel i7 860 @ 4.0Ghz, Asus Maximus III Formula, 8GB G-Skill Ripjaws X F3 (@ 1600Mhz), 2x GTX 295 Quad SLI
    2x 120GB OCZ Vertex 2 RAID 0, OCZ ZX 1000W, NZXT Phantom (Pink), Dell SX2210T Touch Screen, Windows 8.1 Pro

Koolance RP-401X2 1.1 (w/ Swiftech MCP35X), XSPC EX420, XSPC X-Flow 240, DT Sniper, EK-FC 295s (w/ RAM Blocks), Enzotech M3F Mosfet+NB/SB

Xtreme Member
    Hey thanks for the review. I see Thermaltake heading in the right direction here.

There are many other directions they could head as well.

Xtreme Member
    Wait, aluminum and copper in the same loop? If TT is serious about not sucking, why do they keep mixing metals in the same loop. I am sure distilled water is cheaper than an anti corrosive mix. Is it that much cheaper to use an aluminum rad and anti corrosive than it would be to just not use aluminum?

Quote Originally Posted by mlwood37 View Post
    I think a lot of people missing some thing here.

1) To the op good mini review well done.
    2) These units bring a lot of new consumers to water cooling. They get these units then they think what if i made my own.
    3) TT are moving forwards and getting there. Give them a chance.

I personally am not a fan of Self contains WC units how ever i can see there advantages and that being, it brings more people closer to "Real water cooling" and all so it offers some thing a little different. And lets be honest here the amount of equipment they get for the price they pay is a feat in itself.

Think out of the box here and you will see a wider picture.
    +1
    I started out with Coolermaster Aquagate the 80cm rad unit The pump died after i upgraded the rad to a 120cm BI. Itīs always good to gain some water cooling knowledge with these.
    All the same nice review and donīt let BS derail you.

MAIN RIG--:
    ASUS ROG Strix XG32VQ---:AMD Ryzen 7 5800X--Aquacomputer Cuplex Kryos NEXT--:ASUS Crosshair VIII HERO---
    32GB G-Skill AEGIS F4-3000C16S-8GISB --:MSI RADEON RX 6900 XT---:X-Fi Titanium HD modded
    Inter-Tech Coba Nitrox Nobility CN-800 NS 800W 80+ Silver--:Cyborg RAT 8--:Creative Sound BlasterX Vanguard K08

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Slave1974 View Post
    Wait, aluminum and copper in the same loop? If TT is serious about not sucking, why do they keep mixing metals in the same loop. I am sure distilled water is cheaper than an anti corrosive mix. Is it that much cheaper to use an aluminum rad and anti corrosive than it would be to just not use aluminum?
    If they use anti-corrosives who gives a damn if it is mixed metals? Sealed loop. Now go check the price of copper verses aluminum.

Administrator
    Agreed DB.

I have units from Corsair/Coolit that have mixed metals and they work just fine. Fact is these units are made very well for what they do, plug and play and they cool a little better then high end air coolers plus they can handle really good loads.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast