Thread: very strange keyboard issue

Xtreme Enthusiast

very strange keyboard issue

I have an everglide t1000 that I use for a long time now.

Earlier this week while playing diablo3, keys (1) and (2) stopped responding. I tried to clean it up some, didn't help.

Then I realized that whenever I pressed (3), both (1) and (2) would work again, sometimes just once, sometimes for a while, but if they failed, I would press (3) and they would respond again at least once.

So I grabbed an older t1000 I had, tested it, and even more keys weren't working.

Then tried and older logitech ps/2 and it works 100% fine.

Tried using both everglides with a ps/2 adapter, same error.

I also tried 4 different USB ports, same problem.

The error is not only related to diablo btw, it's acting like that all the time.

Any ideas of what could be causing this? anything I might update to fix this?

please list your ideas so I can test them out, thanks in advance!
    Last edited by hoax; 05-20-2012 at 05:10 PM.

E8600 - Maximus Formula II - HIS 4870x2 - Mushkin DDR2 1066 2x2GB - Silverstone DA 850W - Silverstone TJ09 - TRUE Black

i think its just coincidence, I think it would save you some frustration to put them on a friends computer real quick or try them out in the bios or like in recovery console

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by westomatic View Post
    i think its just coincidence, I think it would save you some frustration to put them on a friends computer real quick or try them out in the bios or like in recovery console
    yeah I been meaning to take them to my mom's house to test on her pc

just want to make sure its just the keyboards before buying a new one, still using the old logitech ps/2 for now

thank you!

E8600 - Maximus Formula II - HIS 4870x2 - Mushkin DDR2 1066 2x2GB - Silverstone DA 850W - Silverstone TJ09 - TRUE Black