Thread: "Are you hungry sir?"

Xtreme Enthusiast

"Are you hungry sir?"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLD1ba1s88c

Wish there was more like him
    Last edited by DeadlyFire; 05-18-2012 at 01:57 PM.

Xtreme Legend
    Nice to see something positive.

I've kinda said this before but....Every once in a while you realise that you are in a position to maybe help a fellow. The time and expense it takes to do this is small and out of proportion with the effect and besides... you get to feel good too.

My Biggest Fear Is When I die, My Wife Sells All My Stuff For What I Told Her I Paid For It.
    79 SB threads and 32 IB Threads across 4 rigs 111 threads Crunching!!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by OldChap View Post
    Nice to see something positive.

I've kinda said this before but....Every once in a while you realise that you are in a position to maybe help a fellow. The time and expense it takes to do this is small and out of proportion with the effect and besides... you get to feel good too.
    Well said Mike I know some people say they don't bother with a homeless man because "he's just gonna go buy crack" or drink it away, but even if I help someone only 1 out of 5 times, the other 4 no longer matter to me. Like you said the time and expense won't be the end of me but could really help someone else out.

Copenhagen, teh capital village of the World. Hillerød, Malmö
    I used to work in a bakery in Copenhagen, and one day two young teenage italien boys came in and only ordered a small bread roll. I put 2-3 bread rolls in the bag and gave them discount, the boy that ordered didn't notice that, so when I got his bread roll from me, he stole/picked up a bread roll that had felt on the floor by the window.... >_< He was probably travelling with his friend, I didn't get the impression that they had any adults with them. If he had just asked me, I would have ordered a real meal for them, but they acted as if they were in a rush so I didn't allow myself to ask them... I don't want any teenage boys to go hungry on the streets
    *Gape & Ponder*

(\_/) This is Bunny.
    (+.+) Bunny is dead.
    (^ ^) Copy and paste Bunny into your sig to create an army of BUNNY ZOMBIE MINIONS!!!

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Many years ago I heard this expression and has always stuck with me:
    "Go forth and do random acts of kindness"
    Also this:
    "The best things you do in this life are the things you do for others."
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

c[_]
    depends on the locale I guess.. around here if they're homeless its mostly due to addiction and/or just being a lazy bum.

All along the watchtower the watchmen watch the eternal return.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    stay healthy with your fruit sweets lol. Why didn't he just get a sandwich or something.