MMM
    X

    Subscribe to New Ads!

    Receive weekly ads in your inbox!



Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 41 of 41

Thread: Mayhems Chameleon

  1. #26
    Xtreme X.I.P.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Bend, Oregon
    Posts
    5,693
    Quote Originally Posted by mlwood37 View Post
    The liquid will be realised on a sliding scale. Meaning you choose what temp it will start to change at. So if you what to change from tuning off and on or if it changes when on and the systems heats up say playing a game.

    e.g

    25c to 27c
    27c to 30c
    30c to 33c
    33c to 36c

    The colour change is 99% accurate
    Good job, I wouldn't have thought it would be possible to do it on such a tight scale.

  2. #27
    Xtreme Addict
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,063
    Oh yeh



    This for e.g is 27 to 30c

    We got the nano size down to 10nm how ever i have sitting on my desk some 40nm size as well. We do not know though if this will ever hit the public domain at 40nm due to the cost involved.

    A note to users though. Most if you will never see the reaction above it will be a smooth move from one colour to the next. The effect above is done by me slowing the pump right down on edge and its not recommend any one does this.
    Last edited by mlwood37; 06-11-2012 at 05:39 PM.
    Mayhems Lastest News -> https://www.facebook.com/Mayhems2009

    If you need to direct contact me its michael at mayhems dot co dot uk.

  3. #28
    Xtreme Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Coimbra - Portugal
    Posts
    683
    Well when I saw the 1st rig pics slowing down the pump came to my mind, it isn't "normal" to have a 2ºC delt inside a component... Glad you came out and deliver that infor right way

    What I can't say bad thing about it's the looks, as a liquid used for demo rigs it shall look amazing! The color gradient formed must be the wet dreams of many builders when presenting their rigs to the general public. And ofc when doing that you'll for sure slow down your pump to get such an amazing efect.

    @mlwood

    Would you mind to post some pigs at regular pumping speeds ( aka 100% of a jigway for exemple ) ?

  4. #29
    Xtreme Addict
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,063
    When i get time ill do a video of it at regular pump speeds. The colour just looks the same and merges from pink to white or Purple to Blue over an amount of time (depending on temps).
    Mayhems Lastest News -> https://www.facebook.com/Mayhems2009

    If you need to direct contact me its michael at mayhems dot co dot uk.

  5. #30
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Reunion (France D'Outre Mer)
    Posts
    60
    very impressive

    A question: Based on your fluid is Ice Dragon ?

  6. #31
    Xtreme Addict
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    UW - Madison
    Posts
    1,632
    Quote Originally Posted by mlwood37 View Post
    The liquid will be realised on a sliding scale. Meaning you choose what temp it will start to change at. So if you what to change from tuning off and on or if it changes when on and the systems heats up say playing a game.

    e.g

    25c to 27c
    27c to 30c
    30c to 33c
    33c to 36c

    The colour change is 99% accurate
    So when someone orders the mix they can specify which temperatures the liquid will change at? Would we be able to choose the colors as well? I'm guessing it'd be pretty pricy for such a custom dye, but that's a very one-of-a-kind matte-looking liquid.

    Quote Originally Posted by mlwood37 View Post
    Oh yeh

    *snip*

    This for e.g is 27 to 30c

    We got the nano size down to 10nm how ever i have sitting on my desk some 40nm size as well. We do not know though if this will ever hit the public domain at 40nm due to the cost involved.

    A note to users though. Most if you will never see the reaction above it will be a smooth move from one colour to the next. The effect above is done by me slowing the pump right down on edge and its not recommend any one does this.
    Is it just me, or is that a color shift after the GPU? If so, you could potentially two-tone a loop!
    Signatures make my posts look huge... but I'm not humble enough to completely remove my signature, so I kept this note explaining it.

  7. #32
    Xtreme Addict
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,063
    We still working on the fluids but more info will come forth when were ready.
    Mayhems Lastest News -> https://www.facebook.com/Mayhems2009

    If you need to direct contact me its michael at mayhems dot co dot uk.

  8. #33
    Xtreme Addict
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,063




    slowly getting there
    Mayhems Lastest News -> https://www.facebook.com/Mayhems2009

    If you need to direct contact me its michael at mayhems dot co dot uk.

  9. #34
    Xtreme Addict
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,063
    Mayhems Lastest News -> https://www.facebook.com/Mayhems2009

    If you need to direct contact me its michael at mayhems dot co dot uk.

  10. #35
    Xtreme Guru
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Latvia, Riga
    Posts
    3,959
    I wonder if there is some way to have one chameleon fluid and to be able to "regulate" it's color change temp point with whatever means by user?
    Also i somewhat see need to artificially worsen or enhance cooling (with regulating fans/pumping power), if ambient room temps fluctuate :/
    In general idea/realisation of color changing by temps seems very cool to me , but imho practical realisation with need to change to different fluid with summer or winter temps or with different temps at night/day might bring too much hassle in real life unless room temps are constant throughout all the year with use of some conditioner or alike, which might greatily reduce target market niche.
    I wander if some of my following ideas might work:
    Eg. is it possible to move color change point by pressure in loop and add some regulating valve in place of some fitting? Or .. dunno .. passing different regulatable weak current through fluid for same result of moving color change temp point? (might introduce extra corrosion?)
    Or rather drop idea of fluid changing itself, and release another product: some led strip that can be put inside tubing to light up from inside fluid, with changing it's brightness by temps measured by thermal probe screwed in on block outlet.
    Last edited by Church; 07-13-2012 at 01:19 AM.

  11. #36
    Xtreme Addict
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,063
    its some thing i was chatting to some one about how ever getting some thing like that to work is on another level to what we can do at the moment. Were working with a few companies to get the new mixes right and there going out there way as it is to get the base produces down to the sizes we need for it to effectively work in a loop. If we were not dealing with restrictive systems and micro channels then it would make life much easier how ever with the trends in water cooling changing so much we have to move rapidly with in the constraints of the other users and manufacturers. Im sure as time progresses we can evolve further.
    Mayhems Lastest News -> https://www.facebook.com/Mayhems2009

    If you need to direct contact me its michael at mayhems dot co dot uk.

  12. #37
    Xtreme Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    130
    Quote Originally Posted by churchy View Post
    I wonder if there is some way to have one chameleon fluid and to be able to "regulate" it's color change temp point with whatever means by user?
    Also i somewhat see need to artificially worsen or enhance cooling (with regulating fans/pumping power), if ambient room temps fluctuate :/
    In general idea/realisation of color changing by temps seems very cool to me , but imho practical realisation with need to change to different fluid with summer or winter temps or with different temps at night/day might bring too much hassle in real life unless room temps are constant throughout all the year with use of some conditioner or alike, which might greatily reduce target market niche.
    I wander if some of my following ideas might work:
    Eg. is it possible to move color change point by pressure in loop and add some regulating valve in place of some fitting? Or .. dunno .. passing different regulatable weak current through fluid for same result of moving color change temp point? (might introduce extra corrosion?)
    Or rather drop idea of fluid changing itself, and release another product: some led strip that can be put inside tubing to light up from inside fluid, with changing it's brightness by temps measured by thermal probe screwed in on block outlet.
    Judging from the apparent "thickness" of the dye (I know it's not really any thicker water), this is not a long term fluid. This is something a person would use in a show computer on display for a few weeks.

    Worrying about summer temps vs. winter temps isn't really a consideration for a dye of this kind.

  13. #38
    Xtreme Addict
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,063
    @earthwormjim actually the new fluids are being created to be long term. Unlike aurora which is short term at the moment. We have over 6 new technology's were testing in the new mixes.
    Last edited by mlwood37; 07-13-2012 at 05:10 AM.
    Mayhems Lastest News -> https://www.facebook.com/Mayhems2009

    If you need to direct contact me its michael at mayhems dot co dot uk.

  14. #39
    Xtreme Addict
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,063


    again a new product in dev



    The whole test system is passed though 2 test rads (qaud pass) and a EK block with the worst restriction plate we could find and a long tube res laid flat (checking to see how the liquid reacts having plenty of places to lay) Due to some systems not working with aurora this is a totally new mix built from the ground up to fix these problems wich all so is thermo reactive.
    Last edited by mlwood37; 07-14-2012 at 08:22 AM.
    Mayhems Lastest News -> https://www.facebook.com/Mayhems2009

    If you need to direct contact me its michael at mayhems dot co dot uk.

  15. #40
    Xtreme Addict
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,333
    Will this stuff work with an Apogee Drive II?

  16. #41
    Xtreme Addict
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,063
    These new version were aiming for it to work in every thing. @hi Kayin
    Mayhems Lastest News -> https://www.facebook.com/Mayhems2009

    If you need to direct contact me its michael at mayhems dot co dot uk.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •