Thread: Some program disable Turbo feature on i7-920 ?

Some program disable Turbo feature on i7-920 ?

I overclocked my cpu to 4,2Mhz (200X21) I had to enable turbo in order to use X21 (because the maximum cpu-multiplier for 920 is X20)!

In CpuZ It shows 4,2Mhz and I tested with Prime95 and IntelBurnTest, everything ok!

Then I did a benchmark with "heaven Uningine 3.0" and I noticed at the end in the summary screen it shows under "Cpu flags" only 4000Mhz like if the turbo was disabled and I was at 200X20 instead of X21!

Does some program automatically disable turbo?
    If so it Can happen that sometimes I'm underclocked compared to my setting and I don't notice!?

Thanks
    Last edited by Luca T; 05-16-2012 at 05:02 PM.

Xtreme Addict
    Some software does not correctly recognize when Intel Turbo Boost is engaged or not. Try running RealTemp with the Log File option checked while benchmarking and you will have an accurate record of your CPU speed before, during and after the benchmark. Some Asus P6T based boards can disable Turbo Boost when fully loaded depending on what bios version you are using and how much you are overclocking. Make sure your CPU is still using full Turbo Boost when fully loaded with IntelBurnTest or LinX.

RealTemp 3.70
    http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads...Temp_3.70.html