Page 35 of 72 FirstFirst ... 253233343536373845 ... LastLast

Thread: SuperPi32m 5Ghz Ivy All Out Challenge!

PI in the face
    Quote Originally Posted by bassplayer View Post
    Interesting issues...

First off, I can't boot Cas 8 with anything over ~2300, no matter what mem volts.

When trying 1M, I can pass at 2550 9-11-9 with 1.775V. If I give it 1.8V, it will fail. These sticks seem like anything over ~1.8V and they flake out. I delidded one and they're definitely BBSE. Does this make sense at all?
    sure its bbse?
    Quote Originally Posted by L0ud View Post
    So many opinions and so few screenshots

Xtreme Member
    Yeah, definitely BBSE. Raja, I'll try your suggestions when I get a chance.

At low voltages they seem to be pretty decent, but once I give them much juice they start to drop out. I've been doing all of my testing on an MIVG. I'm going to borrow a Z77-GD65 from a friend [and hope it doesn't blow up] for more testing.

i7 920 / X58A-OC / Dominator GT 2000 7-8-7 / 5870 Lightning

XIP
    Try run 2200 7-9-7-24 1T with 1.6V or less, imo decent bbse should passed 32m easy with any board.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Yeah, definitely BBSE. Raja, I'll try your suggestions when I get a chance.

At low voltages they seem to be pretty decent, but once I give them much juice they start to drop out. I've been doing all of my testing on an MIVG. I'm going to borrow a Z77-GD65 from a friend [and hope it doesn't blow up] for more testing.

There are some DIMMs that can't handle a lot of VDIMM. I have one set that tops out at 1.85V, only way to get it to scale is to chill it to -40 or so. It's one of those kits that has insufficient voltage tolerance and cold bugs too early to get decent numbers.
    ASUS North America Technical Marketing - If you are based outside North America and require technical assistance or have a query please contact ASUS Support for your region.

Rampage IV Extreme tweaking guide

ASUS Z77 UEFI Tuning Guide for overclocking

Maximus 5 Gene OC Guide

Maximus VI Series UEFI OC Guide

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post
    There are some DIMMs that can't handle a lot of VDIMM. I have one set that tops out at 1.85V, only way to get it to scale is to chill it to -40 or so. It's one of those kits that has insufficient voltage tolerance and cold bugs too early to get decent numbers.
    Bah... hope mine isn't like that! I'll try one stick at a time. Are there any recent MIVG BIOSes or did that stop once the MVG was released? I running the most recent one on Asus' site.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Use the most recent BIOS. What bugs do you have on that BIOS that need an update?
    ASUS North America Technical Marketing - If you are based outside North America and require technical assistance or have a query please contact ASUS Support for your region.

Maximus 5 Gene OC Guide

Xtreme Member
    there are also bbse that don't like subzero i noticed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post
    Use the most recent BIOS. What bugs do you have on that BIOS that need an update?
    Not sure if they're really bugs, but it seems a bit testy on whether or not it will boot. Sometimes it will fail to boot and then it will go into a Giga-like cycle until I kill the power at the PSU. It will go through the boot, pause on 49, then flash 60 and restart. A successful boot pauses on 60, then goes to 62.

Often times after I apply some settings, the boot will fail. I'll then just have to re-apply them and it will succeed. I also had a hell of a time getting AI II to install. I had to use a patch that isn't linked to on the MIVG page.

And finally, I still can't get any settings from Mem Tweakit to apply. I choose the value, hit apply, then it flashes and all values return to what they were before.

Not sure if they're really bugs, but it seems a bit testy on whether or not it will boot. Sometimes it will fail to boot and then it will go into a Giga-like cycle until I kill the power at the PSU. It will go through the boot, pause on 49, then flash 60 and restart. A successful boot pauses on 60, then goes to 62.

Often times after I apply some settings, the boot will fail. I'll then just have to re-apply them and it will succeed. I also had a hell of a time getting AI II to install. I had to use a patch that isn't linked to on the MIVG page.

And finally, I still can't get any settings from Mem Tweakit to apply. I choose the value, hit apply, then it flashes and all values return to what they were before.
    Sounds like its time for a z77 Tom. I had a hell of a time trying to get my Ivy to play nicely with my MIVE.

XIP
    Quote Originally Posted by HobieCat View Post
    Sounds like its time for a z77 Tom
    +1

Only a few more days left for this thread

Xtreme X.I.P.

The AI Suite issue is something weird in Windows.

MemTweakIt should work, latest version with MemTweakit Support enabled in UEFI (used to be an option, could be permanently on now).

The rest of the BOOT cycle stuff sounds like the memory controller is failing training sometimes. Not much can be done about that.

The Z77 boards have layouts and components optimised for IB (hardware change), so the P67/Z68 boards are not going to keep up.

Maximus 5 Gene OC Guide

Hey Hondacity, long time!

Finally got a Z77 board. MivE couldn't keep up. Got a nice proc too but mems not so nice on air. Results with SSD and wazza.

Alex_tpc - 6:22:562 - 48x104.2 - 1389.5MHz - 10-13-12-32-130-1 - MVE - G.Skill TridentX 2666C11 2x4GB - 1.88V Air Cooling

Last edited by alex_tpc; 07-27-2012 at 06:41 PM.

Hey Hondacity.
    it is not possible to postpone the date 14 days, so we can test maximus, here in Denmark, the first card is first arrived 2 days ago.

I am Xtreme
    Does a SSD make a lot of difference for SuperPi?
    Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | FX 8350 | 2x4GB Trident-X 2600 C10 | 2x ATI HD5870 Crossfire | Enermax Revo 1050watt | OCZ Vertex 3 60GB | Samsung F1 1TB

Watercooling: XSPC Raystorm | EK 5870 Delrin fullcover | TFC X-changer 480 w/ 4x Gentle Typhoon | DDC2+ Delrin top | EK 200mm res | Primochill LRT 3/8 tubing

Case: Murdermodded TJ-07

sub 9 sec. SPi1M 940BE 955BE 965BE 1090T

Xtreme Member
    Faster bootup faster waza,nothing else..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am Xtreme
    Last day: Aug1 PST
    None qualifying date: Aug2 PST

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by angoholic View Post
    Faster bootup faster waza,nothing else..
    Thanks.

I'm still using an ancient Raptor connected via eSata. No clue if that is slowing me down though.
    Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | FX 8350 | 2x4GB Trident-X 2600 C10 | 2x ATI HD5870 Crossfire | Enermax Revo 1050watt | OCZ Vertex 3 60GB | Samsung F1 1TB

Watercooling: XSPC Raystorm | EK 5870 Delrin fullcover | TFC X-changer 480 w/ 4x Gentle Typhoon | DDC2+ Delrin top | EK 200mm res | Primochill LRT 3/8 tubing

Case: Murdermodded TJ-07

sub 9 sec. SPi1M 940BE 955BE 965BE 1090T

XIP
    Dumo - 6:18:703 - 50x100 - 1300MHz - 8-11-7-22-72-1T - MVE - Gskill BBSE - 1.915v - air

PIfection
    wow nice dumo , great time for the bandwidth and strong bonus loop

PIfection
    honda what does none-qualifying, as in if you submit on this day its not counted?

Admin
    Even though August 1 is the final day for Hondas contest, there is no reason why you can't keep running 32m pi and submitting your scores here. This has been a great thread with a lot of people joining together just to have some simple fun and competition. Someone can volunteer and make a new list and run a second competition for another length of time.
    UNDER THE ICE .com
    Phase Change Cooling

is the remedy

I am Xtreme
    the new boards signify ivy bridge marketability. will it introduce better efficiency probably not.

@pro

results outside the All-out-challenge time frame, will still be ranked in another list. so it goes on.

those who participated in the all out challenge time frame will of course be ranked historically

XIP
    Quote Originally Posted by youngpro View Post
    wow nice dumo , great time for the bandwidth and strong bonus loop
    Thanks Pro Lots of fun clocking this rig

Quote Originally Posted by runmc View Post
    Even though August 1 is the final day for Hondas contest, there is no reason why you can't keep running 32m pi and submitting your scores here. This has been a great thread with a lot of people joining together just to have some simple fun and competition. Someone can volunteer and make a new list and run a second competition for another length of time.
    Agreed 100%.
    Last edited by Dumo; 07-29-2012 at 10:14 PM.

The fastest Gigabyte board in this contest will recieve: GA-X77X-UD5H TH (Thunderbolt board)

Thanks Gigabyte

Thanks Hondacity for putting this together
    Last edited by Charles Wirth; 07-31-2012 at 05:28 PM.
    Intel 9990XE @ 5.1Ghz
    ASUS Rampage VI Extreme Omega
    GTX 2080 ti Galax Hall of Fame
    64GB Galax Hall of Fame
    Intel Optane
    Platimax 1245W

Intel 3175X
    Asus Dominus Extreme
    GRX 1080ti Galax Hall of Fame
    96GB Patriot Steel
    Intel Optane 900P RAID

Xtreme Legend
    time to break out the gear again and force a second round for that UP5 TH LOL
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia
    Need a GIGABYTE bios or support?

Page 35 of 72 FirstFirst ... 253233343536373845 ... LastLast