Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: iPhone 4S or wait?

Xtreme Member
    I would consider the iPhone if it had a 4.1 screen and 4g.

Hopefully Apple will anounce this by this fall....
    MB: Asus Crosshair VI Hero / Bios ver:6102 / Cpu:Ryzen 2700x @ 4.2Ghz (24/7) (1.373), FSB 100x42
    Ram: GSkill PC4-25600 2x8Gb @ 3200MHz, 14-14-14-14-34-1T, 1.352v
    Gfx: EVGa 1080Ti GTX FTW DT
    SSD: Samsung 960 M2 Evo 500 GB
    PSU: Corsair HX1000W
    Cooling: EKWB L360 Kit
    Temps: Cpu: 30c Ambient / 28c @ Idle / 65c @ 100% Load

Xtreme Member
    I won't consider an apple because I don't like over paying for under-powered tech

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Reflex1 View Post
    Well how do i respond to that. i guess congratulations..you've succeeded in sounding like a douche

go back and manage your 1000 idevices
    +1

the new iphone looks way better than the 4s
    http://www.engadget.com/2012/05/29/s...ody-tiny-dock/

Quote Originally Posted by Khaotic View Post
    I won't consider an apple because I don't like over paying for under-powered tech
    the iphone is not really over priced at launch, it is underpowered and has a poor stock OS that makes it more of a feature phone though.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Xtreme Member
    How on earth is it underpowered? Before the S3 it had by far and away the fastest gpu of any phone on the planet.

Xtreme Member
    wow why get iphone 4s when iphone 5 will come out in like few months. I know that switching from ios to android will be a hassel and you will lose all the apps you bought but there are so many better phones out now like One S, S3, razr maxx
    Q6600
    Powercolor Ax6870 1GB
    Corsair HX620
    WD3200AAKS
    MSI p43 neo3
    patriot 2gb 800MHz

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by comc49 View Post
    wow why get iphone 4s when iphone 5 will come out in like few months. I know that switching from ios to android will be a hassel and you will lose all the apps you bought but there are so many better phones out now like One S, S3, razr maxx
    How are you defining a better phone? By specifications a lone you would need Krait and under some circumstances tegra 3 in order to be better than the iphone (unless a big screen counts as better). If it's software we're talking about then such an debate is entirely pointless because it goes by user preference.

Software is huge. I felt the same way about Apple, "under powered" as far as not having all the latest technology, very expensive, etc. but I still decided to get a 4S and shell out the big bucks. 2 months later, very glad I did. The main reasons I got it were the nice screen, smooth transitions, compact size, good camera, open source, just to name some. Battery life is pretty good I should add, it does last me a complete 12+ hour day of full usage without having to worry about charging soon or whatever. Prior to purchasing the iPhone, I almost went with the S3 because I was offered a very good deal for one. I used one for a day and I am very glad I did not get it. It was a very light phone, but software and screen was just no where up to par with the 4S. I'm not sure if a third party improved OS would be a lot smoother, but stock for stock, shelling out almost double the price was actually the right decision. I'm fed up with lag, stuttering, and the likes, and the 4S has none of that. While surfing the web with the brand new S3, it lags and gets stuck for like 10 seconds, and sometimes you may press something else on accident or press more than one time.. the S3 will eventually accept all those commands and take you to a completely different page that you did not want. Glitches like that can be most annoying, so to me, that is the difference between a A grade phone and a B grade phone. Specifications on paper may be better for others, but the "Apple experience" is worthy in this case.

If your wireless phone carrier can support iPhone 3G, meaning they sell it, the 4S can be good enough especially if you need a phone right now. Verizon, ATT, Sprint.. I have T Mobile, so it's on friggin 'Edge' (slow), but I can still deal with it. streaming music and such can lag at times, but it mostly works fine and smooth (with the 3G unrestrictor app). My friend has ATT (3G) and the same phone, we tested at the same time, the 3G speed loads like 3X or some faster than Edge. :/ but o well, love the phone!

Just thought I'd share my experience. :P
    Last edited by timisyourfriend; 06-06-2012 at 10:34 AM.

Xtreme Member
    and i don't like plastik
    some people prefer design other the internel stuff

I prefer design so for me iphone 4 / 4s looks great this is my way to take my phone becouse i only use it phoning and wrighting
    little German

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12